Hoopster Rankings

Class A Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hoopster Rankings

Postby elfman777 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:05 pm

Preseason Power Poll

1. Devils Lake
2. Kindred
3. Four Winds/Minnewaukan
4. Beulah
5. Central Cass
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Turtle Mountain
8. Thompson
9. Dickinson Trinity
10. Stanley
elfman777
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hoopster Rankings

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:59 pm

elfman777 wrote:Preseason Power Poll

1. Devils Lake
2. Kindred
4. Beulah
5. Central Cass
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Turtle Mountain
8. Thompson
9. Dickinson Trinity
10. Stanley

Ugh not a great list, Grafton getting overlooked somehow.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:06 am

1. Devils Lake
2. Kindred
4. Beulah
5. Central Cass
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Turtle Mountain
8. Thompson
9. Dickinson Trinity
10. Stanley

I think I'd move Turtle Mountain up to about 4, maybe 5.

How much will losing Starcevic hurt Thompson? Grafton should maybe jump in around that spot.

DT will always compete. What does Stanley have?

What about HCV? Always seem to contend.

The other class A? VC/WC/Wahpten?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:17 am

HCV was down in Football...I think HCV is in one of those cycles of being young/inexperienced right now.

Valley City will enjoy the move to equal competition but they won't be a top team in the State...just more wins available now.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:52 am

Grafton not cracking the top ten sticks out the most. Veteran group of seniors and some underclassmen that got good experience last year.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:07 pm

BasketballMind wrote:Grafton not cracking the top ten sticks out the most. Veteran group of seniors and some underclassmen that got good experience last year.

I'd flip Grafton and Stanley...Grafton may deserve to be higher up and Thompson may be hurt by losing Starcevic more than this ranking suggests

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Beulah54* » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:29 pm

Did Bennet Larson from Beulah transfer to Stanley. His Stanley roster stats are similar when he played for Beulah.
Beulah54*
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RiverMiner99 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:07 pm

Predictions:
Region 1 - Kindred
Region 2 - Devils Lake
Region 3 - Turtle Mountain
Region 4 - Dickinson
Region 1/2 Play ins: 4Winds & Central Cass
Region 3/4 Play ins: Bismarck & Stanley

This would be a great state tournament field. I'm still holding out 5% hope that the NDHSAA will realized they don't need 10,000 seats for this event and the 5,500 capacity of the SHAC is more than enough.
RiverMiner99
NDPreps Starter

Postby bk1990 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:58 pm

RiverMiner99 wrote:Predictions:
Region 1 - Kindred
Region 2 - Devils Lake
Region 4 - Dickinson

This would be a great state tournament field. I'm still holding out 5% hope that the NDHSAA will realized they don't need 10,000 seats for this event and the 5,500 capacity of the SHAC is more than enough.

??? Dickinson and Bismarck? I thought they were in AA?
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:45 pm

bk1990 wrote:
Region 1 - Kindred
Region 2 - Devils Lake
Region 4 - Dickinson

Some people on this site don't like calling the private schools their actual name; he means Dickinson Trinity and Shiloh Christian.

I thought going to 3 classes people would get over that side of things...they are in the middle class now because they are located in a AA city...let's start calling them their actual school names.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:52 pm

Very true but not all the privates are where they belong. I will keep calling the Minot school Minot until they are put where they belong.
Until then I will call Oak Grove, Trinity and Shiloh by their names.

I also agree that this state tournament should be held in a much smaller venue. it is going to struggle where it is.
So I give the NDHSAA a c+ on their organization this year. Yep they got it right adding a 3rd class but very wrong without bringing in Minot and the Venue for the state tournament.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby bk1990 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:12 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
bk1990 wrote:
Region 1 - Kindred
Region 2 - Devils Lake
Region 4 - Dickinson

Some people on this site don't like calling the private schools their actual name; he means Dickinson Trinity and Shiloh Christian.

I thought going to 3 classes people would get over that side of things...they are in the middle class now because they are located in a AA city...let's start calling them their actual school names.

I knew exactly what he meant, I to wish people would get over it now that there is a 3 class system. You may not be happy that a couple of schools didn't get placed where you feel they should have, get over it. From the NDHSAA site showing enrollment, "Bishop Ryan" has a high school enrollment under 100, so they are in the class they belong based on the guidelines set forth, so they are where they belong. It's getting a little old, let it go
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:41 am

bk1990 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
bk1990 wrote:
Region 1 - Kindred
Region 2 - Devils Lake
Region 4 - Dickinson

I knew exactly what he meant, I to wish people would get over it now that there is a 3 class system. You may not be happy that a couple of schools didn't get placed where you feel they should have, get over it. From the NDHSAA site showing enrollment, "Bishop Ryan" has a high school enrollment under 100, so they are in the class they belong based on the guidelines set forth, so they are where they belong. It's getting a little old, let it go

Hate the privates all you wants, my personal opionion no Private should be below Class A. But has a single school in the state the past 10 years had more "athletes" move into their school than Kindred? Kinda tough to hate on the Privates when your school is just as guilty!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RiverMiner99 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:39 pm

packers21 wrote:
bk1990 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
bk1990 wrote:
Region 1 - Kindred
Region 2 - Devils Lake
Region 4 - Dickinson

Hate the privates all you wants, my personal opionion no Private should be below Class A. But has a single school in the state the past 10 years had more "athletes" move into their school than Kindred? Kinda tough to hate on the Privates when your school is just as guilty!

It would be interesting to see what schools have gained the most. How many years back should we go?
Would also be curious how you define "move into their school"? Does this only include kids that have moved into the school district? Is there a certain grade level to this like if they moved to the district after Kindergarten or are you thinking 9th grade? Do you also consider kids that have open enrolled as "moved into their school"? What about changing or adding schools to coop with?

I'm guessing you are referring to the Thompson kid that is now at Kindred, or is there more there that we are not aware of?
RiverMiner99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nala1 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:41 pm

So what is Kindred gulity of? Having families move to their district? Can think of only two families that have moved there with "athletes" that were actually high school age and not in elementary. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.
Nala1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RiverMiner99 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:04 pm

I don't think Packer21 is saying that Kindred is "guilty" he's just pointing out how they have benefited from having a kid move into the district.
RiverMiner99
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:27 pm

Nala1 wrote:So what is Kindred gulity of? Having families move to their district? Can think of only two families that have moved there with "athletes" that were actually high school age and not in elementary. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

TRIGGERED!
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:30 pm

RiverMiner99 wrote:I don't think Packer21 is saying that Kindred is "guilty" he's just pointing out how they have benefited from having a kid move into the district.

Exactly move and do whatever you want, I think Kindred has benefitted just as much as OG lately. I only mentioned it because MADDOG keepts trolling the privates. How many state titles did "only" have those two families help bring back to Kindred?
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Nala1 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:50 pm

packers21 wrote:
Nala1 wrote:So what is Kindred gulity of? Having families move to their district? Can think of only two families that have moved there with "athletes" that were actually high school age and not in elementary. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

TRIGGERED!

What exactly was Triggered? I just ask that you explain what you say or can't you? Thats all. I wish my school had whats going on in Kindred going on. Heard they just won the State One Act Play competition as well.
Nala1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:00 pm

Nala1 wrote:
packers21 wrote:

TRIGGERED!

What exactly was Triggered? I just ask that you explain what you say or can't you? Thats all. I wish my school had whats going on in Kindred going on. Heard they just won the State One Act Play competition as well.

You wish "your school" had what's going on in Kindred, even though all your posts are about Kindred, you happen to know they won One Act and you can name exactly what families moved to Kindred and the age of the kids.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Nala1 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:00 pm

packers21 wrote:
Nala1 wrote:
packers21 wrote:

TRIGGERED!

You wish "your school" had what's going on in Kindred, even though all your posts are about Kindred, you happen to know they won One Act and you can name exactly what families moved to Kindred and the age of the kids.

Yes, i saw a post on Twitter or X I guess about the One Act Play from the NDHSAA and I do follow high school sports so I think I have a pretty good idea. That is why I asked for someone to clarify for me if I was mistaken. Just tired of people ripping on kids and schools they do not have the full information on. Maybe we should get back to the original thread. The Hoopster Rankings.
Nala1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Region 1 Fan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:59 pm

1. Devils Lake
2. Kindred
4. Beulah
5. Central Cass
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Turtle Mountain
8. Thompson
9. Dickinson Trinity
10. Stanley

Grafton, in my opinion is a top tier team this season. They bring back a lot of talent and are very well coached. If Hillsboro gets consistent guard play, they may be a sleeper to watch. They have one of the best players in the State on that team and I look for him to have a monster season. In my opinion, best 3 level scorer this season in North Dakota (inside, mid-range and outside).
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 pm

Region 1 Fan wrote:

1. Devils Lake
2. Kindred
4. Beulah
5. Central Cass
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Turtle Mountain
8. Thompson
9. Dickinson Trinity
10. Stanley

Grafton, in my opinion is a top tier team this season. They bring back a lot of talent and are very well coached. If Hillsboro gets consistent guard play, they may be a sleeper to watch. They have one of the best players in the State on that team and I look for him to have a monster season. In my opinion, best 3 level scorer this season in North Dakota (inside, mid-range and outside).

I think I'd pop Grafton in at about 6-7. Baldwin is such a quality 1- makes everyone better. Good other pieces, two youngsters who'll be sophomores (maybe 1 a junior) that should be much improved and will make them pretty deep. Lots of experience, always defend hard.

Brandt one of the best in the state regardless of class from HCV. Olson another really good post. If they get improved playmaking they'll compete.

Hard to argue with any team on that list. The biggest omission is Grafton IMO.

Thompson could go either way. I'm going to guess they are improved off of last year, regardless of who they lost.

Buelah a wild card - new coach - plenty of talent. Kindred, FW, Shiloh- always well coached, plenty of talent.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:09 am

packers21 wrote:
RiverMiner99 wrote:I don't think Packer21 is saying that Kindred is "guilty" he's just pointing out how they have benefited from having a kid move into the district.

Exactly move and do whatever you want, I think Kindred has benefitted just as much as OG lately. I only mentioned it because MADDOG keepts trolling the privates. How many state titles did "only" have those two families help bring back to Kindred?

Yep... I troll "Minot" I grew up in the area so the Minot private angers me that they are not in class A. I have always said and will stand by that private have an advantage over Hankinson. I believe they have it right as far as he classes. By the way what did Ryan have for Seniors last year? Quite a few. I heard they will not be good this year.... well they are ranked already.... So....
Also nobody is feeling sorry for Kindred but I know of two families that have moved to Kindred in the last 19 years that have played Varsity sports. I know of more kids that have went to Shanley/Davies/ West Fargo that live in the Kindred School district.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:09 am

maddog1971 wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Yep... I troll "Minot" I grew up in the area so the Minot private angers me that they are not in class A. I have always said and will stand by that private have an advantage over Hankinson. I believe they have it right as far as he classes. By the way what did Ryan have for Seniors last year? Quite a few. I heard they will not be good this year.... well they are ranked already.... So....
Also nobody is feeling sorry for Kindred but I know of two families that have moved to Kindred in the last 19 years that have played Varsity sports. I know of more kids that have went to Shanley/Davies/ West Fargo that live in the Kindred School district.

Kindred's 'reach' for students is REALLY large...I know students from Oxbow, Hickson, Wild Rice, Rural Fargo (now known as Davies' district), Leonard, Davenport, Walcott, Chaffee, Rural West Fargo (now known as Horace) that have all filtered into Kindred.

Kindred had a family move into them within the last 12 years and then left them for Fargo schools (cause it was where they actually lived district-wise).

You trolled Oak Grove and an athlete last year but heck you trolled Kenmare on a post within the past year as well cause they are too good of a B school too...btw Kindred and their 6 8th graders looked pretty good against Wahpeton this week but that's ok...to you they don't belong playing HS ball.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys