Devils Lake or the Field

Class A Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Devils Lake or the Field

Postby Old Drifter » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:13 am

4 Winds beat #4 central cass by 19...and beat the #1 team devils lake the other night...bet they'll be #1 in the next poll..after falling totally out of it last week...next comes #5 beulah.
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:32 pm

what was the game on. I was wanting to watch it.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:52 pm

maddog1971 wrote:what was the game on. I was wanting to watch it.

Four Winds facebook page...nearly all home games are there
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:44 pm

Also, NFHS Network, or at least this game was.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:49 pm

ok after watching the game. Deng Deng is a stud. And yes they coaches is going to let him shoot all the 3's he wants. He won them a State Championship shooting those 3s. Devils Lake needed the wake up call. They whined the whole game. Four Winds keeps shooting like that... they will be tough to beat. I think DL now knows the class A division is not going to be as easy as they thought. Great group of teams playing in this division but I still think it is DL at the end but they better get control over their emotions.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Thundersnow » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:25 pm

Got to watch a lot of basketball during the holidays, thanks mostly to PSP Network. I think 4 Winds looks like the best team in the state when Deng Deng is healthy. Both Hazen and Stanley look like contenders. I haven't seen Grafton play yet this year, can they challenge Devils Lake?
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:35 pm

Thundersnow wrote:Got to watch a lot of basketball during the holidays, thanks mostly to PSP Network. I think 4 Winds looks like the best team in the state when Deng Deng is healthy. Both Hazen and Stanley look like contenders. I haven't seen Grafton play yet this year, can they challenge Devils Lake?

I watched Stanley and I think they are a good team but I don't see them as one of the top 5 teams in the State. Yes 4 Winds won but Devils Lake played poorly and shot even worse. I believe in a rematch... it will Devils Lake.
Kindred will be down for the next week or so with Riley Sunram playing in the All American Football game in Texas this weekend. So games against Wahpeton and Thompson will be very good games. All Games in Class A are good games.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:58 am

Thundersnow wrote:Got to watch a lot of basketball during the holidays, thanks mostly to PSP Network. I think 4 Winds looks like the best team in the state when Deng Deng is healthy. Both Hazen and Stanley look like contenders. I haven't seen Grafton play yet this year, can they challenge Devils Lake?

Contenders at what level?

get to state?

win a game there?

win state?

Didn't Hazen just lose to W/W?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:18 pm

packers21 wrote:

Contenders at what level?

get to state?

win a game there?

win state?

Didn't Hazen just lose to W/W?

Hazen isn't a contender (barely beat a poor Dunseith team...they compete with the Top 'B' Schools well)
Stanley might be a contender to get out of their region.

Right now the State Title Contenders look to be Kindred, FW-M & Devils Lake
2nd Tier: Shiloh, Beulah, Grafton & Wahpeton

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:07 pm

compared to how you felt before the season do you think DL is less or more likely to win it all? or do you feel the same?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:07 pm

Flip wrote:compared to how you felt before the season do you think DL is less or more likely to win it all? or do you feel the same?

I honestly feel nobody will go undefeated in Class A. Way to many good teams in this class. I still feel DL will win it all. I also feel Kindred is coming together and I don't see them blowing teams away but I feel their defense is really good and Brooks Bakko is becoming a really good leader of the team.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Vikings2009 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:40 am

Old Drifter wrote:watched the entire game...the other fw players contributed but Deng Deng beat DL almost by himself..it seemed the only dl player who came close to reining in Deng was Delorme but it wasn't enough ...

agreed, I see Four Winds and Grafton at the end of the year with Devils Lake 3rd in the region, and the title from this region also.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Oldman1974 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:18 pm

Devils Lake beats Grafton on a last second shot. My buddy sent me the last 5 seconds of that game. Have no idea how the other 99% of that game was played out. He just said it was a good game.
Oldman1974
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:15 pm

I'd say DL, Four Winds, Grafton, & Kindred are hands down the top 4 teams in A. I honestly feel these 4 teams could compete against any of the top AA teams this year, and they'd all be close games. In the A division, it's going to come down to who plays best at tournament time. If DL is going to win it all, they'll have to play better D and rebound much better than they did in the Grafton game, and DL really struggled at the FT line. Of these 4 teams, Kindred has the best inside & rebounding presence, but DL and Four Winds both have an advantage in speed. Grafton is very impressive, and after last night's game everyone knows they're for real.

If I had to pick, I'd take a Kindred - DL final with DL winning.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:27 am

Devils Lake beats Thompson 72-50 in Thompson.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm

Well we will be able to tell a few things after this weekend....
1 ) is Stanley the real deal and will they make some noise by taking on Kindred
2 ) If Four Winds is a true contender for the State Title or did they catch Devils Lake on an off night.
3) First real Tests this weekend by taking on Stanley and Four Winds on the Road in back to back nights.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:45 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Well we will be able to tell a few things after this weekend....
1 ) is Stanley the real deal and will they make some noise by taking on Kindred
2 ) If Four Winds is a true contender for the State Title or did they catch Devils Lake on an off night.
3) First real Tests this weekend by taking on Stanley and Four Winds on the Road in back to back nights.

I think Four Winds-Minnewaukan is contender...proving it right now vs. Kindred; Can play fast or slow and be efficient. Tight finish went the way of Kindred...quite the 4th Quarter comeback
Last edited by WalkingStick on Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:54 pm

Scores from this weekend's shootout in Devils Lake

Friday
#1 Kindred def. RV Stanley 54-37
#2 Four Winds-Minnewaukan def. Turtle Mountain 71-37
#3 Devils Lake def. RV Shiloh Christian 77-56
#5 Beulah def. Central Cass 75-72
Rugby def. Valley City 56-50

Saturday
#1 Kindred def. #2 Four Winds-Minnewaukan 48-45
#3 Devils Lake def. #5 Beulah 84-48
RV Shiloh Christian def. Turtle Mountain 68-49
Valley City def. RV Stanley 51-33
Central Cass def. Rugby 74-37

After this weekend it's pretty clear that the Top 4 teams are Kindred, DL, FW-M & Grafton and then there is a definite drop off to the 2nd tier of teams

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:38 pm

I am with Walkingstick on this one. The Top 4 teams are way ahead of the other teams in the state. Western ND is way behind the East Schools. Kindred showed that missing Sunram and an injured Ouse , can really hurt them. Kindred is not very deep. Devils Lake look really good and they really took it to Beulah. FWM has some talented kids that can really defend and shoot if you give them an open look. Pereza and Ouse woke up in the 4th and started to Attack. I think that keeping Kindred from dunking the ball, really affects them.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:21 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I am with Walkingstick on this one. The Top 4 teams are way ahead of the other teams in the state. Western ND is way behind the East Schools. Kindred showed that missing Sunram and an injured Ouse , can really hurt them. Kindred is not very deep. Devils Lake look really good and they really took it to Beulah. FWM has some talented kids that can really defend and shoot if you give them an open look. Pereza and Ouse woke up in the 4th and started to Attack. I think that keeping Kindred from dunking the ball, really affects them.

What happened to Ouse?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:48 pm

Been throwing this idea around...would be cool to see if it could be done with a month left in the season.

DL only plays Carrington once...count it as 2 points (they play this week)
Kindred takes their victory over OG and they agree to it being a 2 pointer.

Opens up DL/Kindred to play each other and OG/Carrington to play each other. Two quality games created instead of two lopsided games :idea:

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:07 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I am with Walkingstick on this one. The Top 4 teams are way ahead of the other teams in the state. Western ND is way behind the East Schools. Kindred showed that missing Sunram and an injured Ouse , can really hurt them. Kindred is not very deep. Devils Lake look really good and they really took it to Beulah. FWM has some talented kids that can really defend and shoot if you give them an open look. Pereza and Ouse woke up in the 4th and started to Attack. I think that keeping Kindred from dunking the ball, really affects them.

What happened to Ouse?

Knee problems but plays through it most of the time.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:07 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Been throwing this idea around...would be cool to see if it could be done with a month left in the season.

Opens up DL/Kindred to play each other and OG/Carrington to play each other. Two quality games created instead of two lopsided games :idea:

I love that idea... make it happen.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:44 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:Been throwing this idea around...would be cool to see if it could be done with a month left in the season.

I love that idea... make it happen.

This is four ADs having to work together...nothing I can do lol

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bk1990 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:51 pm

Pretty disrespectful to Carrington and OG. Just assume they will lose and take the L and go home? Why don't we just call off the rest of the season and hand pick the participants for state tourney.
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys