2011 - 2012 Senior District Athletes

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2011 - 2012 Senior District Athletes

Postby StraightUpBallin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 am

Who will be the best candidates for these awards?
Last edited by StraightUpBallin on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
StraightUpBallin
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2011 - 2012 Senior District Athtletes

Postby StraightUpBallin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:51 am

District 7 - Emily Thompson - Carrington or Dorothia Santos - Four Winds - W - M
District 8 - McKenzie Hart - Langdon
StraightUpBallin
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2011 - 2012 Senior District Athletes

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:09 pm

District 2 - Courtney Dixon (Central Cass)
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:47 pm

ClassBEast wrote:District 2 - Courtney Dixon (Central Cass)

You've got three solid players in this district. Dixon, Dahl (Kindred) and Johnson (Richland)...it shall be interesting
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bequickdonthurry » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Dist 5 - Carlson from PBK and Albrecht from BCN are possibilities.
Dist 6 - Schneider from Linton-HMB has to be a favorite.
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Watch out for Brianna Vance from Ellendale o have a solid year as well. She is a gym rat and no one works harder than she does in the off season.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby baloncesto » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I think region 1 has to go to Johnson
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballchicken » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:08 am

Politics will come into play - depends how hard the coaches lobby for their athletes. If you get a rookie coach, like for instance Dixon from CC - that coaches words might not sound as meaningful as Barb Kraft's words would've sounded.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

However, with Johnson's numbers plus she'll have a good senior year as her team will depend on her. I think Johnson will win it too...it just won't be a "run-away" win for her.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 4thegame » Sun May 01, 2011 9:30 am

district 3 - Messner
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm

baloncesto wrote:I think region 1 has to go to Johnson

I agree. She is a returning all-stater and will probably lead the state in rebounds.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:03 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
baloncesto wrote:I think region 1 has to go to Johnson

I agree. She is a returning all-stater and will probably lead the state in rebounds.

With her team's dependancy on her I could see her being at the top or at least top 3 in scoring next year also...it'll be hard for teams (even the good ones) to keep her from scoring the ball.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ambition13 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 am

Who wins District 1?
McCloud or Peterson
A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials - Ronald Knox
ambition13
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 am

ambition13 wrote:Who wins District 1?
McCloud or Peterson

Well its hard to tell because both are coming off of pretty major injuries...its really a toss-up
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:34 pm

District 2 will be either Olivia Johnson-Richland or Courteny Dixon-Central Cass i think.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:District 2 will be either Olivia Johnson-Richland or Courteny Dixon-Central Cass i think.

I think Johnson should take it home...with the fact that she IS the team and her numbers have been and will continue to be RIDICULOUS
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:District 2 will be either Olivia Johnson-Richland or Courteny Dixon-Central Cass i think.

I think Johnson should take it home...with the fact that she IS the team and her numbers have been and will continue to be RIDICULOUS

Yeah i think she will to but i was just throwing out there another option if she didnt get it.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:26 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Yeah i think she will to but i was just throwing out there another option if she didnt get it.

well there are three options out of district 2: Johnson (Richland), Dixon (Central Cass) and Dahl (Kindred).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thewanderer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:32 am

Distict 4-- Brook Gaustad
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby blindside2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:32 pm

District 4----Katelyn Mack=Cavalier Hanna Thompson Brooke Gaustad-Grafton
blindside2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ratman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 am

blindside2 wrote:District 4----Katelyn Mack=Cavalier Hanna Thompson Brooke Gaustad-Grafton

Katelyn is gonna win. i hope
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby StraightShooter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:55 am

In my opinion, the Senior Athlete Award is a little misleading as to who the best player in the district/region is. Take Richland for example. Oliva Johnson is clearly a very good player. All-State, All-District, etc. Her numbers are going to be huge again this year because Richland runs EVERYTHING through her (as they should). If you put Johnson on a better team like Kindred or Central Cass, would she put up the same numbers? Probably not. Would she be thought of as the favorite for this award? I don't think so. If you put Courtney Dixon from CC on Richland, would she put up huge numbers too? Probably.

I think Johnson wins it because her numbers will be so much better than everyone else in District 2 and Region 1. I think players like Dahl (Kindred), Dixon (Central Cass), and Voss (Central Cass) have a chance to challenge Johnson.

This same thing applies with other players in the District. Take the Nudell girl for example. Once again a very good player, especially for her age. She puts up monster numbers. But she plays for Maple Valley. Is Nudell better than Dahl, Dixon, or Voss right now because she puts up better numbers? No. But people look at the boxcore and make their opinions based on that. The boxscore doesn't tell the whole story.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from Nudell or Johnson. I think they are great players. I was just using them as an example.
StraightShooter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 pm

StraightShooter wrote:In my opinion, the Senior Athlete Award is a little misleading as to who the best player in the district/region is. Take Richland for example. Oliva Johnson is clearly a very good player. All-State, All-District, etc. Her numbers are going to be huge again this year because Richland runs EVERYTHING through her (as they should). If you put Johnson on a better team like Kindred or Central Cass, would she put up the same numbers? Probably not. Would she be thought of as the favorite for this award? I don't think so. If you put Courtney Dixon from CC on Richland, would she put up huge numbers too? Probably.

I think Johnson wins it because her numbers will be so much better than everyone else in District 2 and Region 1. I think players like Dahl (Kindred), Dixon (Central Cass), and Voss (Central Cass) have a chance to challenge Johnson.

This same thing applies with other players in the District. Take the Nudell girl for example. Once again a very good player, especially for her age. She puts up monster numbers. But she plays for Maple Valley. Is Nudell better than Dahl, Dixon, or Voss right now because she puts up better numbers? No. But people look at the boxcore and make their opinions based on that. The boxscore doesn't tell the whole story.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from Nudell or Johnson. I think they are great players. I was just using them as an example.

Johnson will win it because she is a workhorse who is consistent. She earns every rebound which leads to her points. I don't think that would be any different if she played on another team including any Class A team. As for Nudell, she is talented. As an 8th grader, if the teams in District 2 can't stop her from putting up big number, then she is either really good or the teams are not as good as they think.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby StraightShooter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:49 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
StraightShooter wrote:In my opinion, the Senior Athlete Award is a little misleading as to who the best player in the district/region is. Take Richland for example. Oliva Johnson is clearly a very good player. All-State, All-District, etc. Her numbers are going to be huge again this year because Richland runs EVERYTHING through her (as they should). If you put Johnson on a better team like Kindred or Central Cass, would she put up the same numbers? Probably not. Would she be thought of as the favorite for this award? I don't think so. If you put Courtney Dixon from CC on Richland, would she put up huge numbers too? Probably.

Johnson will win it because she is a workhorse who is consistent. She earns every rebound which leads to her points. I don't think that would be any different if she played on another team including any Class A team. As for Nudell, she is talented. As an 8th grader, if the teams in District 2 can't stop her from putting up big number, then she is either really good or the teams are not as good as they think.

Johnson will win it becasue she puts up big numbers as the only player on a team that's not as good as other teams in the district. Again, Johnson is a very good player. But if Johnson played on a better team, she would put up similar numbers to what Dixon and Dahl will put up.

Nudell IS talented. Never said she wasn't. But, like every player who plays varsity basketball as a Jr. Higher (boys or girls), she has been crowned as the next Miss Basketball. Same thing happend with Taylor Kraft. Same thing is happening for Olivia Johnson. I guarantee you if you let players like Tatum Holt from Oak Grove or Hannah Breske from Central Cass take every single shot and do everything for their respective teams, people would be saying how THEY are the best players in the district/region.

As far as your "District 2 can't stop her from putting up big numbers" comment: good teams did "stop" her and she went off against less talented teams. Again, I'm not saying she's not talented. Clearly she is. To be able to play at this level as a 7th grader is impressive. But people look at the boxscore and say "Oh Jeez. This 7th grader scored 25 points last night! Wow!" Albeit impressive, she does EVERYTHING for them. So by default, she's going to put up big numbers. Again, the boxscore doesn't tell the whole story.
StraightShooter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 pm

StraightShooter wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Johnson will win it becasue she puts up big numbers as the only player on a team that's not as good as other teams in the district. Again, Johnson is a very good player. But if Johnson played on a better team, she would put up similar numbers to what Dixon and Dahl will put up.

Nudell IS talented. Never said she wasn't. But, like every player who plays varsity basketball as a Jr. Higher (boys or girls), she has been crowned as the next Miss Basketball. Same thing happend with Taylor Kraft. Same thing is happening for Olivia Johnson. I guarantee you if you let players like Tatum Holt from Oak Grove or Hannah Breske from Central Cass take every single shot and do everything for their respective teams, people would be saying how THEY are the best players in the district/region.

As far as your "District 2 can't stop her from putting up big numbers" comment: good teams did "stop" her and she went off against less talented teams. Again, I'm not saying she's not talented. Clearly she is. To be able to play at this level as a 7th grader is impressive. But people look at the boxscore and say "Oh Jeez. This 7th grader scored 25 points last night! Wow!" Albeit impressive, she does EVERYTHING for them. So by default, she's going to put up big numbers. Again, the boxscore doesn't tell the whole story.

I agree with you. For example, Nudell got the MVP award for the Courts Plus league this summer. Clearly, she was not the best player in the league (MN schools, Class A schools, good Class B schools), but she was by far the best player on her team so she had great stats. Hannah Breske (CC) was one of the five on the "all-star" list for the league, but I would take her over Nudell any day of the week. She's just better. She's older, has more experience and right now, she is a better player.

The same thing goes for the all-district team. The girls selected aren't truly the best 12 girls in the district. They are each the best on their team, but # 1 on Maple Valley's teams isn't necessarily better than # 5 on Central Cass's team. Last year, say Nudell went to Central Cass instead of Maple Valley, there is a distinct possibility that she would not even be on the varsity as a 7th grader, and she certainly wouldn't be playing enough to make the all-district team.

Sorry, this was off-topic as neither of those girls are seniors, but when they are, I would be willing to bet they will be Miss BB candidates in their respective senior years. :D
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls