2009 State Girls B Basketball

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2009 State Girls B Basketball

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am

This is a very good point, but I've seen Kenmare play and they are a tough,defensive team to beat and I think they will get it done in the end. But FLPR has the experiance of playing at state in front of a big crowd so they do got that advantage.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spalding06 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Looks something like this:
1. Hazen
2. NRS
3. PRFL
4. KC
5. Kenmare
6. Hankinson
7. Stanley
8. Standing Rock
spalding06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballin.in.nd » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 pm

kenmare may have lost to FLPR in the shoot out on the prairie by 8 but kenmare has been playing more physical d and have gotten way better mentaly...ive never seen FLPR play so i cant say anything about them...but my pick is that kenmare will carry there momentum from defeating botno twice to go pretty far in state
the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary- vince lombardi
ballin.in.nd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 pm

NR/S vs Stanley Hazen vs Kenmare

NR/S vs Kenamre

Kenmare
Champions
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:21 pm

InTheKnow wrote:Also dont forget... FLPR has the X factor in Kirby Erickson. One of the best basketball coaches in the state. Led the FL boys teams to around 7 straight 20 win seasons in the 90s. He knows how to win.

Ok I know Fordville was good in the 90s but I am not about to believe they won 20 games 7 years in a row. If thats true then that's impressive but you also need to remember that Fordville's Boys team never went to state during that run either.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:22 pm

InTheKnow wrote:Also dont forget... FLPR has the X factor in Kirby Erickson. One of the best basketball coaches in the state. Led the FL boys teams to around 7 straight 20 win seasons in the 90s. He knows how to win.

I dont know if i'd go as far as calling Kirby Erickson the "X Factor". He has had some of the most talented teams that underachieved in big game situations. I am not sure if 20 win seasons for 7 years in a row is possible...but i could be wrong. There are plent of coaches who are as good or better than Kirby Erickson.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm

The Schwab wrote:

I dont know if i'd go as far as calling Kirby Erickson the "X Factor". He has had some of the most talented teams that underachieved in big game situations. I am not sure if 20 win seasons for 7 years in a row is possible...but i could be wrong. There are plent of coaches who are as good or better than Kirby Erickson.

I couldn't agree more Schwab.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigballer55 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:42 pm

new rockford sheyenne 59
hankinson 58

one of the better games i've seen at the girls state b in sometime wow what a game congrads to both teams they played a great game
shelby wetzel with 2 huge free throws to take the lead with 8 seconds left she had an amazing game with 22 points 11 coming in the 4th
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
bigballer55
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Hankinson really did not handle the full-court pressure late in the game...congrats to New Rockford-Sheyenne on a great defensive game and a very impressive 4th quarter to pull out a hard fought victory. Good luck the rest of the way to both teams!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoopster* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 pm

bigballer55 wrote:new rockford sheyenne 59
hankinson 58

one of the better games i've seen at the girls state b in sometime wow what a game congrads to both teams they played a great game
shelby wetzel with 2 huge free throws to take the lead with 8 seconds left she had an amazing game with 22 points 11 coming in the 4th

Shelby Wetzel actually had 15 pts on in the fourth quarter & when she made her freethrow to tie the game she also scored her 100th career point so Congratulations to Shelby!!
she really pulled her team though the 4th quarter.
and bobbie grann is a ball hog if u ask me
hoopster*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:35 pm

hoopster* wrote:
hankinson 58

Shelby Wetzel actually had 15 pts on in the fourth quarter & when she made her freethrow to tie the game she also scored her 100th career point so Congratulations to Shelby!!

I think that you mean her 1000th point! Also, Bobbi Grann had many openings to score, they just wouldn't fall in for her; and she sliced her way through Hankinson's "press" which led to many baskets or opportunities on the other end...to call her a ball hog is kind of an insult. If she doesn't handle the ball and use her speed to break the press that Hankinson used...then the outcome could have possibly ended up the other way around!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoopster* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
hoopster* wrote:
hankinson 58

I think that you mean her 1000th point! Also, Bobbi Grann had many openings to score, they just wouldn't fall in for her; and she sliced her way through Hankinson's "press" which led to many baskets or opportunities on the other end...to call her a ball hog is kind of an insult. If she doesn't handle the ball and use her speed to break the press that Hankinson used...then the outcome could have possibly ended up the other way around!

oh yes, her 1000th point!!
Bobbie can ususally handle the ball well but i just think that considering the other girls on her team (plenty of them can shoot fairly well) she shoots too much
hoopster*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigballer55 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:47 pm

i wouldn't say bobbi shot to much that was what hankinson gave her the opening to take the ball to the hoop she did was miss a bunch of layups it can happen to anyone i think any player would of took those opportunities and she might of shot 5 times maybe outside 5 feet soo i wouldn't say she shot to much thats for sure
and congrads to shelby for her 1000th point good job

looks like both teams should have a sucessful tournament they both put on a good show
-John Wayne
bigballer55
NDPreps Starter

Postby tingly » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 pm

tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopster* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:37 pm

bigballer55 wrote:i wouldn't say bobbi shot to much that was what hankinson gave her the opening to take the ball to the hoop she did was miss a bunch of layups it can happen to anyone i think any player would of took those opportunities and she might of shot 5 times maybe outside 5 feet soo i wouldn't say she shot to much thats for sure

looks like both teams should have a sucessful tournament they both put on a good show

your right Bobbie got alot of layup looks and should of taken them like she did BUT i still think she shoots more than she should. when i say this im talking about all games combined, not just today. Its not state 2 years ago with minn-leeds where she can do her own thing when she was the star. Dont get me wrong, i think she is a god ball player but look at her teammates!! she doesnt need to be the star, she needs to be among the stars if that makes any sense
hoopster*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigballer55 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:51 pm

yeaa it makes sense
-John Wayne
bigballer55
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan10 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:19 pm

hoopster* wrote:
bigballer55 wrote:i wouldn't say bobbi shot to much that was what hankinson gave her the opening to take the ball to the hoop she did was miss a bunch of layups it can happen to anyone i think any player would of took those opportunities and she might of shot 5 times maybe outside 5 feet soo i wouldn't say she shot to much thats for sure

your right Bobbie got alot of layup looks and should of taken them like she did BUT i still think she shoots more than she should. when i say this im talking about all games combined, not just today. Its not state 2 years ago with minn-leeds where she can do her own thing when she was the star. Dont get me wrong, i think she is a god ball player but look at her teammates!! she doesnt need to be the star, she needs to be among the stars if that makes any sense

i was gonna make that whole agrument haha. i agree with all of it.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball1427 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:35 pm

shauna long has 31 with 4 minutes left in the third she is lightin it up
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:38 pm

53-50. Wow. Anybody's game.
bigpoppakdog

Postby basketball1427 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm

55-55 end of the third. opp just banked in a three at the buzzer
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Great game. The Hazen bison girl caught the ball and simultaneously stepped out of bounds. The clock should not have started.
bigpoppakdog

Postby basketball1427 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 pm

really good game best game i have ever saw by a girls basketball player that was crazy
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby imperials » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Great game. The Hazen bison girl caught the ball and simultaneously stepped out of bounds. The clock should not have started.

one foot come down in bounds and then she stepped out of bounds
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:33 pm

FInal score and replay of last few minutes

i had to pick up the kid from basketball
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 pm

SR lost by 1 I think 73-72 ish I am indifferent about basketball but the calls in the last 3 min. made it really look like Hazen was supposed to win the game...Ohh well Long dropped like 44 impressive for a Soph!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Girls