Region 6

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 6

Postby mplsfan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:58 pm

There is hardly ever any discussion amongst the region 6 people on this site. What gives? In the last 10 or 11 years region 6 has produced at least 6 state champions (Velva-1, Mohall-at least 1, Bottineau-4). You think you people would have something to talk about. Bottineau will certainly be in the running again this year, Kenmare will give them a run, MLS is always strong, Velva. . . . Lots to talk about and cheer for. Anyone from region 6 want to get involved in the discussion. Maybe they just want to let the results speak for themselves. Mmmmmm! Just thought I'd try to get something going.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 6

Postby select21 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:37 pm

i am from velva and i think that bottineau looks pretty good this year. I mean their coach is just fenominal at teaching his team the right things to do. But velva was the only team to give them a game last year in this region...
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDFAN100 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:48 pm

Well, here's the deal on Region 6 and no comments from very few people. If the rest of the State had Bottineau in their Region and the way they seem to operate, it would give the rest of the State the same bad taste. It really seems they are under totally different NDHSAA rules than the rest of the Teams in the State.
NDFAN100
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:10 pm

NDFAN100 wrote:Well, here's the deal on Region 6 and no comments from very few people. If the rest of the State had Bottineau in their Region and the way they seem to operate, it would give the rest of the State the same bad taste. It really seems they are under totally different NDHSAA rules than the rest of the Teams in the State.

Really, Please back this up with facts rather than just posting random thoughts because you are jelous they are good.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:20 pm

I think most people would not agree with that observation.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby mplsfan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:50 pm

NDFAN100 wrote:Well, here's the deal on Region 6 and no comments from very few people. If the rest of the State had Bottineau in their Region and the way they seem to operate, it would give the rest of the State the same bad taste. It really seems they are under totally different NDHSAA rules than the rest of the Teams in the State.

If I read this correctly there is an underlying accusation of recruiting here. I don't personally believe for a second that Bottineau has recruited although I know that if someone is bound to believe it I probably won't change their mind. Bottineau has had 2 significant transfers in the last few years. Mandee Keplin was an important part of a couple of their championship teams but was hardly the star of the team. Shaunna Knife is definitely the present star of the team and a huge difference maker to move into the Bottineau program but I don't believe there was any recruiting involved. This is just the case of a talented player being attracted to a successful program in the area. Also Shaunna's father was employed in Bottineau while she was going to school in Belcourt so the move to Bottineau was not much of a stretch. Bottineau has been rated #1 in the state much of the last 5 seasons and they went to state the season before that. They won state in 1999 as well and went to state five times in class A finishing as high as 2nd. This continued success can't be attributed to a couple of talented transfers alone. Bottineau's success is homegrown through the hard work and talent of it's coaches and athletes. The addition of these recent transfers has been a plus but hardly the single source of Bottineau's consistency.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls