06/07 Class B Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby TKR53 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:56 pm

DP had a way better team then MM last year but they just choked.  I also think that Hatton Northwood is in the running.  They still have 4 players that got a lot of time when they when to state two years ago.  I think the state champs will come out of Region II this year, but you cant say who its going to be.  Dakota Prairie, Midway Minto, or Hatton Northwood???
TKR53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:17 pm

all 3 of the top teams in region 2 are very close, they were all very good last year and none of them lost anything significant, the only advantage any of them may have over the others is jenna gillette's size, HN and MM are both lacking in size but if jenna gillette has a bad game against either of those two teams i give the advantage to HN or MM unless kirstie gillette goes off like she is capable of doing, its gonna be a great season in region 2
Thunder66

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:46 am

coachk wrote:District 1 should be a close one with probably the nod going to Fairmount. Lisbon, Milnor could do well also. Whoever can improve the most and stay healthy will be the top team. District 2 will see Kindred on top and should come out of Region 1. Maple Valley and Northen Cass could give them a run though. I see the seeding for district 2 going this way. 1. Kindred 2. Maple Valley 3. Northern Cass 4. Oak Grove 5. Enderlin 6. Hope Page 7. Central Cass
8. Richland Central Cass and Richland will struggle for wins. In District 1 it will be Fairmount no.1
then 2. Lisbon 3. Milnor 4. Wyndmere 5. North Sargent
6. Oakes 7. Sargent Central 8. Lidgerwood 9. Hankinson
These are just my guesses though

I'd have to disagree with your predictions Coach K.  Kindred and Maple Valley will be at the top no argument there.  HopePage will be higher than #6, possibly #2.  They finished the season on a high note last year, and will also have Finley Sharon co-opped with them this year, which should pick up a couple of impact players.  District 1 should have Fairmount and Lisbon towards the top.  Sami Schmitt will have a big year for Fairmount, and Lisbon has enough athletes to throw on the floor to wear teams out.   Hankinson and Lidgerwood should battle for a regional entry, and I don't think Milnor will have the team to end up at #3.  I still don't think that many District 1 teams will have much success in the regional tourney, and would have to give the nod to Kindred as the favorite with all of their returners from last years team.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Joe » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:49 am

Im going to have to agree with ndsportsfan98 Kindred will be the strongest force going into region 1 this year and finishing 3rd in state, they lost one senior who really wasnt an impact player, but with bindas and talley returning they should be tough. I see hope-page coming in with a force to reach the regional championship against kindred for a good game, they co-oped this year with finley-sharon for a long bench and a lot of returning talent. maple valley still has very strong guards but lost all there inside players, going two on five will make all season an uphill battle. as for coach k comments on NC and oak grove, kindred and hope-page both crushed NC by 25+ points last season and oak grove lost there only player to graduation, and they didnt place top 5 at districts? so educationally guessing i would say 1. Kindred 2. Hope-Page 3.Maple Valley. The rest will be a fight for the finish central cass and enderlin are both very well coached and have a burning desire to win. it will be interesting to see how things come out!
Joe
NDPreps Rookie

Postby kevin1633 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:54 pm

hope-page will be a question mark.  finley-sharon vs hope-page was a rivalry for steele county bragging rights. will the team get along? also they have a new head coach this year. kindred will win the region and i think they will win pretty easy, they might have a couple close games but nothing to get concerned with
kevin1633
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cardinal10 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:14 pm

The Lake Region Invit. tourney this week will give some indication of how teams are playing early in the season.  Dakota Prairie, Four Winds, Minnewaukan-Leeds and Langdon are the top 4 seeds along with some teams with good programs in Starkweather/Munich, Larimore, Adams-Edmore and Lakota.  Should be some good games along the way.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:21 pm

cardinal10 wrote:The Lake Region Invit. tourney this week will give some indication of how teams are playing early in the season.  Dakota Prairie, Four Winds, Minnewaukan-Leeds and Langdon are the top 4 seeds along with some teams with good programs in Starkweather/Munich, Larimore, Adams-Edmore and Lakota.  Should be some good games along the way.

out of curiosity...who is in charge of that tournament...i was looking for the lake region s.i.d. and not having a whole lot of luck.
Last edited by rep on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby cardinal10 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:41 pm

The Lake Region Invit. tourney is at Devils Lake High School.  Devils Lake runs the tourney.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:43 pm

cardinal10 wrote:The Lake Region Invit. tourney is at Devils Lake High School.  Devils Lake runs the tourney.

ah...at the high school...i thought with the name 'lake region' tourney it was at lake region...my mistake...thanks for the help
rep

Postby pbhoopsters » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:12 pm

I think the Dakota Prairie team deserves to be considered the favorite this year. However, having said that, I also know that favorites don't always win the championship. I am picking a dark horse by picking Hillsboro. Fresh off their state championship in volleyball these girls are ready to do the same in basketball. They are tenacious on defense, they push the ball well, and they have great team chemistry. Ashley Haines is a great team leader for the Hillsboro ball club. She averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds last year.

If you are not busy, plan on being in Hillsboro on January 25th. DP and Hillsboro do battle that night. I certainly plan on being there. There is nothing better than contests like that one. Regardless of who wins state this year there are several teams in Region 2 that should be proud of their clubs.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby C dock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:32 pm

As always, Region 2 will be the toughest again in the state
C dock
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Region 2 is well represented in the Jan 9 State poll with 5 schools (DP, H-N, FL/PR, M-M, D/St T). If they dont beat themselves with a really poor shooting night in the Regionals, I still have MM taking the region.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 pm

ranger wrote:Ali Morland & Mandi Palczewski  -  6 good juniors this year!!

I wouldn't throw ali morland into the mix of good ones. How much varsity does she even play? i'd say bowman's top crop is abby nasset, lindsey tivis, brittany anderson, mandi palczewski, allison hanson, and megan naico, and the list stops there.
project-pat

Postby ranger » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:31 pm

Megan Naico?  Come on, you know better.  How did she even get on the Varsity team?  I have seen her play. 
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:37 pm

um.....she's alot better than ali morland. Megan should be starting over Mandi Palczewski as well. Pretty disappointed when i seen the starting lineup. and i think the better question is...How did Ali Morland even make it past the B team?
project-pat

Postby coachk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:20 am

Man was I off on my predictions so far. My hat goes off to Hankinson, Northern Cass and Lidgerwood for the job they have done. Some teams are struggling with injuries and off court issues yet so could change. Anyone have an update on district 1 & 2 standings as well as region 1?
coachk

Postby rkmt » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:41 am

I've never had a solid Reg 2 pick, but pre-season I had 3 teams and 1 dark horse from each district.  Hatton-Northwood, Midway-Minto, Dakota Prairie, the dark horses being Drayton-St Thomas and Hillsboro.  Now I've got Drayton in with the front runners, and Fordville Lankin/Park River blindsided me.  They beat Midway-Minto last night so I wouldn't try to make a pick from that region anymore.   Who stays (or gets) healthy will be big.   If Midway-Minto controls the tempo, they can win because they don't always put up alot of points, but they are good enough to do so.  Drayton looks small on the roster and will have to deal with someone bigger most likely.  DP and Hillsboro have good posts and good guards, no mismatches for them.  Hatton-Northwood has Reiter - not that big - but can challenge any post.  I think FL-PR must be pretty well-rounded but I don't see heights on their roster.  All in all, this one will be very fun to watch.  
Last edited by rkmt on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Region 2 is a tough region to pick. I picked Hillsboro early but they seem to have problems with Hatton/Northwood. Dakota Prairie seemed to be the pre-season favorite with a lot of folks but if Jenna Gillett continues to have problems with her injury that could change the region picture dramatically.

One cannot forget Ericson when talking about Hatton/Northwood. She averages almost as many points for the team as Reiter. She is a good ball player. I certainly agree that Drayton/St Thomas, Midway/Minto, and Fordville/Lankin/Park River are strong contenders. However, I still have a good feeling with Hillsboro. The team seems to be getting stronger as the season progresses. They have great balance both offensively and defensively. Haines seems to be getting stronger offensively as well. They still probably are a long shot. But if everyone continues to beat one another up in that Region it would not surprise me if they are the last ones standing.
pbhoopsters

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Hillsboro has no chance. They may beable to pull off an upset in the region tournament if they get there but to pull off three in this region is impossible. There are way too many teams that are too talented in comparison. It is too bad that because some of the other regions are so weak that the teams form this region are so low in the polls because they are beating each other up. Bottom line there is no comparison from Region II to any other region in the state this year. I would love to see the top 7 teams from this region and match them up with the top team from every other region and see what happens. My guess is that at least 4 if not 5 of the teams would win their matchup. M-M's loss to FL/PR in OT is definately a suprise and shakes up the region even more. However Calli Erickson scored 27 of their 47 points. If you can shut her down they are in serious trouble, and I would guess there are alot of coaches that dont want to pull out their special defensive packages until tournament time like the box and 1. They will take their chances during the reguar season and feel out what will work and what wont and dont want to tip their hand on video yet.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:08 am

pbhoopsters wrote:One cannot forget Ericson when talking about Hatton/Northwood. She averages almost as many points for the team as Reiter.

Didn't mention her in the post, but I guess I was trying to shorten my rambling.  The year they went to state - '05, she came on late in the season, but was mainly a shooter and one wondered how she'd develop as an all-around player.  Last year she easily proved she was a complete player.  
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby rkmt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:19 am

InTheKnow wrote:Bottom line there is no comparison from Region II to any other region in the state this year. I would love to see the top 7 teams from this region and match them up with the top team from every other region and see what happens. My guess is that at least 4 if not 5 of the teams would win their matchup.

I imagine someone from another area will come on and challenge this statement, but I totally agree.  I think even last year, although Bottineau was going to win it barring something going insanely wrong for them, that were probably 4 other teams in the region aside from M-M that could have finished where they did, or at least made top 5.  And I don't say that to take anything away from M-M - that's just where they came from, and I think it will be even tougher to get to state this year.  Ok, I'll agree that Hillsboro probably isn't going to put together enough games to survive the region all the way through.  Not Region 2 anyway.  But I'll keep them as my dark horse along with FL/PR.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:29 am

I think all the teams mentioned have a chance to win that Region. With injuries, foul trouble, lack of depth and upsets it is very difficult to know who will still be standing after the Regional Championship.

Jenna Gillett has some type of ligament injury and Katie Ralston broke her nose in the second game of the season. When Hatton/Northwood played Dakota Prairie Abby Reiter had to sit most of the game because of foul problems. Drayton/St Thomas has depth problems. It will be fun to watch. DP plays Hillsboro on Jan. 25th at Hillsboro.

A team that is catching my attention out west is Minot Ryan. Anyone have any more information on them?
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:37 pm

Wondering if any team can really compete with steele-dawson. IMO, they almost have the region locked up.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:40 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:Wondering if any team can really compete with steele-dawson. IMO, they almost have the region locked up.

i figure they locked it up about a week ago when they beat linton convincingly...what are you waiting for them to do before you feel they have it locked up?
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:42 pm

rep wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Wondering if any team can really compete with steele-dawson. IMO, they almost have the region locked up.

i figure they locked it up about a week ago when they beat linton convincingly...what are you waiting for them to do before you feel they have it locked up?
Well, im certain they have it locked up, but then again, nothing is certain in sports.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls