06/07 Class B Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby black swan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:08 pm

So does anyone disagree with the predictions for class B girls?
black swan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby westfan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:58 am

Tioga's Abby Bratlien has verbally committed to U Mary in Bismarck. I believe it is for Basketball....
westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballplayer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:54 pm

So who is all in the steele-dawson/linton region. i believe they have been the only two descent teams the last two years.  There district is absolutely nothing outside of them from what i hear, but what about the other district?  Is there anyone in that district that can contend with them?
footballplayer

Postby baseball » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Lamoure would be your best bet. but i dont recall if Holen graduated or will be a sr this year but they have a young and the mikeljon
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 am

holen graduated...they have one young (natalie i think), but mckenzie young graduated and she was a better interior player. i think natalie was more of a spot up type. kaia armitage was a former jamestown player that transfered out there last year i think and she became a nice third or fourth scoring option for them last year...be interesting to watch her take on a bigger role with the team this year.

they will be alright i think, but i'm not sure if they have a post player that could contend with someone like linton's abbey feist. i think they also lost dani potts, which means basically there entire frontcourt will be new this year? that said, the pg meiklejohn should dominate most people she plays. if she can play under control, she has the combination of size and ability that is pretty rare in a class b point guard.

also, they have a great coach in mona meicklejohn. i think she does a great job in bringing out the competitive nature in each of her players. she finds a way to make it personal for the girls and to have them treat the game like it is more than just a game.
rep

Postby Joe » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:33 am

As for Region 1 this year the top contenders should be Kindred and Hope-Page coming out 1 & 2.  The fight for the top should be strong till the end of the season. Many feel that Kindred will walk through the region, but Hope- Page has all returning starters from last season only losing one senior where they finished 4th and they also have now joined with Finley Sharon this year to add some extra talent.   Maple Valley should be a tough opponent but lost two very valuable players Tasha Flaten and Brittany Kholer, it will be interesting to see how they try to recover.
Joe
NDPreps Rookie

Postby region1 football » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:08 am

i would put lmm at the top of region 3.  They return cuypers 6-1 brown 6-1 , larson, meidinger for starters.  They also have schiffner and one other girl that started at one time durring the season.  Cuypers, larson and medinger have all played since they were 7th graders and started at the end of the 8th grade season for varsity.  Dave Handt has the knowledge to lead this team to a state birth.  This season is what he has been preparing for since 2001
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:37 pm

region1 football wrote:i would put lmm at the top of region 3.  They return cuypers 6-1 brown 6-1 , larson, meidinger for starters.  They also have schiffner and one other girl that started at one time durring the season.  Cuypers, larson and medinger have all played since they were 7th graders and started at the end of the 8th grade season for varsity.  Dave Handt has the knowledge to lead this team to a state birth.  This season is what he has been preparing for since 2001

i want to see a district 5 team get into the region championship game before there is talk of state tourney berths. while i think that l-m-m should be considered the top team in the district, but eckroth is a stud for steele and if feist can play under control, she will be another good one for linton.

i think that lmm opened a lot of eyes and took a major step getting into the district championship this past season. but, district 5 has lagged behind district 6 for the past couple of years (which i found funny because i thought district 5 was more competitive top to bottom while district 6 was top-heavy) and they will have to get past that hump.
rep

Postby hunter48 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Kenmare will have a good team this year.  They lost only one senior that scored and she will be replaced.  They return their post player and two gaurds that started for them last year.  They also have another post that will play that is athletic.  Their region is down this year with Botno losing quite a bit from last year.  Mohall also lost quite a bit but still have their post player so the could build around her.  Our Redeemers lost Strand and she was the go to girl there.  They will have to find someone else to score.  Minot Ryan returns some off of last year team and they will compete in the region.  I think it will be Kenmare and Minot Ryan battling for the region championship.

In region 8 Stanley you would think has the upper hand.  They didnt lost anyone off of last year team and they competed with everyone in the region.  They return Egge and Hollekim and they scored most of the points last year.  Their gaurds have a year of experience and that will help them.  Tioga returns Abby Bratlien and she is a very good athlete.  Anything could happen when she is on the floor.  New Town will always be good because they have a excellent coach in Drosdal.  Watford City the same.  Divide County could surprise some teams this year.  They played with everyone last year and I dont think they lost much.  I see Stanley and Watford City in the region championship game.
hunter48

Postby jordanpippen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:25 am

L-M-M all the way. Yes we all know about kristen cuypers and how dominating she can be. but you mix in randa miedinger who can out rebound almost anyone, Reba Larson who will take full responsibility at the gaurd postition with 5 years experience and great knowledge of the game. those 3 will be very good. look for lmm up in minot.
jordanpippen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Haylie Longtin from north border is going to be an all-conference pick this year.  That might not sound like a "bold" prediction, but she is only a freshmen and already has a full year of varsity experience.  One of the best shooters on the team as an 8th grader, she's only going to get better and is going to be known by everyone throughout the state in the next few years.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ranger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:51 am

Ali Morland & Mandi Palczewski  -  6 good juniors this year!!
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ranger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:56 am

Who is Steph Lockert??   Bowman? Never heard that name before!
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:31 am

My only problem with the Hoopsters picks is Region 2.  How can they think that Midway-Minto is not going to go back to state?  They have an amazing guard in Betsy Dickson, that shuster girl that was a freshmen last year is one of the best players in the region already.  They only lost one significant player off last years team and played without her during some of the state tournament?  So what does Dakota Prairie have thats going to compete with that.  These girls are going to play together even better now and be more motivated to get back after coming up short to bottineau.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:44 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:My only problem with the Hoopsters picks is Region 2.  How can they think that Midway-Minto is not going to go back to state?  They have an amazing guard in Betsy Dickson, that shuster girl that was a freshmen last year is one of the best players in the region already.  They only lost one significant player off last years team and played without her during some of the state tournament?  So what does Dakota Prairie have thats going to compete with that.  These girls are going to play together even better now and be more motivated to get back after coming up short to bottineau.

i disagree with the last statement...two years ago hatton-northwood was supposed to have a four-year run at the state tournament. random things happen throughout the year and maybe one team will start the year fast and then go flat come playoff time for some unknown reason. the regular season is almost meaningless and i really could care less about most games until february/march.
rep

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:37 pm

your team can have the best players but what does that do when your top 3 go out with blown knees....which can happen to anyone at any time.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby player22 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:58 pm

i don't know where you guys are seeing that stanely or newtown can come out of region 8. you guys are underestimating tioga big time. and i'm not from there or anything. but with abby bratlien back this year and 100% healthy they will be ready to play some basketball and compete at the state tourny.
player22

Postby player22 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:00 pm

i know new salem is the favorite to win region 5 but i think shiloh could sneak up behind them and surprise them with there athletic team. i'm picking shiloh for region 5
player22

Postby rep » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:03 pm

player22 wrote:i know new salem is the favorite to win region 5 but i think shiloh could sneak up behind them and surprise them with there athletic team. i'm picking shiloh for region 5

what are some of the names from shiloh and some stats if you have them...i don't know a whole lot about the shiloh girls' program
rep

Postby hunter48 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:50 am

player22 wrote:i don't know where you guys are seeing that stanely or newtown can come out of region 8. you guys are underestimating tioga big time. and i'm not from there or anything. but with abby bratlien back this year and 100% healthy they will be ready to play some basketball and compete at the state tourny.

I agree with you that with Bratlien back they will be tough but then again you cant win by yourself.  Without her last year they wernt good at all so if a team can shut her down then they will have no one else to score.  Stanley returns basicly everyone off of last years team and they were pretty good and competed and with saying that everyone in the region lost most of their team except with Tioga gaining Bratlien.  Yes Bratlien could carry her team but i think this region will have 4 or 5 teams that could compete for the Region championship.  New Town, Watford City, Stanley, Tioga, and Divide County. 
hunter48

Postby razorback » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:50 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:My only problem with the Hoopsters picks is Region 2.  How can they think that Midway-Minto is not going to go back to state?  They have an amazing guard in Betsy Dickson, that shuster girl that was a freshmen last year is one of the best players in the region already.  They only lost one significant player off last years team and played without her during some of the state tournament?  So what does Dakota Prairie have thats going to compete with that.  These girls are going to play together even better now and be more motivated to get back after coming up short to bottineau.

hmmmmm... everyone returning but one player that hardly played last year
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rkmt » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:49 am

I haven't seen the actual poll yet, but in all fairness, Dakota Prairie has the core of their team back too, and Kirstie Gillett sat out a part of their season with an injury, as well.  Kirstie Gillett is a great player in every aspect, and with Jenna Gillett, they have a very physical inside game, and they have good girls around them including some excellent outside shooting.  They were only a game away from state, and I think having seen them both play multiple times, DP might have competed with Bottineau a little better (for all that's worth).  But I do have to say the Schusters are tough, and Betsy Dickson may be one of the best and gutsiest athletes I've seen play basketball in a long time.  Class B is all about loser out in the region tourney, whereas you can get to state on a loss in Class A, so sometimes in Class B a great team (or teams) is left at home from a region.  I think alot of Region 2 teams would have represented the region well at state.  And a poll doesn't mean that much anyway, but it's not easy being the defending champ or a high pick because it's tough to play with a target on your back, everyone really gets up to play you.  And Region 2 is a region with alot of competitive teams.  Just ask the previous year's region champ, Hatton-Northwood, whom I wouldn't count out, either.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby player22 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:04 pm

Last edited by player22 on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
player22

Postby player22 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:06 pm

for the shiloh girls program i'm not sure about stats. but they have kristen bearstail and hannah hellekson that are both juniors. katie schindler that is a sophomore and they have a really good senior also. i think they have some more girls that are quite good but i'm not sure about all there names.
Last edited by player22 on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
player22

Postby coachk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:17 am

District 1 should be a close one with probably the nod going to Fairmount. Lisbon, Milnor could do well also. Whoever can improve the most and stay healthy will be the top team. District 2 will see Kindred on top and should come out of Region 1. Maple Valley and Northen Cass could give them a run though. I see the seeding for district 2 going this way. 1. Kindred 2. Maple Valley 3. Northern Cass 4. Oak Grove 5. Enderlin 6. Hope Page 7. Central Cass 8. Richland Central Cass and Richland will struggle for wins. In District 1 it will be Fairmount no.1 then 2. Lisbon 3. Milnor 4. Wyndmere 5. North Sargent 6. Oakes 7. Sargent Central 8. Lidgerwood 9. Hankinson These are just my guesses though
coachk

PreviousNext

Return to Girls