06/07 Class B Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby COACHWEST » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:04 am

We may as well get started!  Any bold predictions for next year?

Kenmare may give Botno a run in Region 6.  New Town and Watford City are always there in Region 8.  Just looking to start stirring the pot around the state.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:09 am

in region 3 i'd say it is between linton and steele-dawson-wing-tuttle...no surprise there.

both teams are amazing and with both being in district 6 beat down the majority of their district 5 counterparts. i don't see a team in district 6 beating either one next year.

linton is losing janell huber, carrie schmidt, brittany nagel (i think)...but they return abby feist, mckinzy bosch and katie horner (i think) among others. tough to say how they will do outside of the region.

SDWT has whitney eckroth back and she is what made them go last year. i think they have a couple of guards back and mallory sand's little sister should be in the mix more next season as a sophomore.

district 5 however could be interesting and basically is wide open. every team is losing someone pretty major to this year's team and right now it is tough to see one team blowing the rest of the district away.

edgeley has its guards coming back in schulz and another girl that i can't remember her name, but is losing their 6-1 center, emily schlosser. they were a fun team to watch last year with a new head coach, jason carrol, and it will be interesting to see what happens in his second year.  

lamoure lost the majority of its front court (mckenzie young and danielle potts) and its best outside shooter (rachel holen) but still has its point guard (jada meiklejohn) for a couple more years.

litchville-marion-montpelier will have kristen cuypers back and will probably be considered the district favorite because of that. but they will need to do some work with their guards as i think they graduated their PG and SG

pingree-buchanan-kensal is losing its top three scorers and top rebounder to graudation of whitney carlson, jacie neys and heather reed. they did play quite a few younger kids this year though.

central prairie will be in the second year of its co-op and natasha nenow (who went over 1,000 career points this past season) will be a senior. they should be in the mix.

i think that kulm is losing its leading scorer in cheryl giesler (not positive on that)

barnes county north was considered young, but i know very little about them. sara gullickson appeared to be their only legit everyday scorer and i have no idea what grade she is in.

as i said, with district 5 you could probably flip a coin at this point...things will look a little clearer by the time the stutsman county tourney rolls around.
rep

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:14 am

Region 6 will be tough again. Bottineau has depth, but Velva, Kenmare and Bishop Ryan all bring back a lot of talent. Can't count out M-L-S either.

It's got to be Watford or New Town in Region 8. I thought this year was Trenton's year, but those bigger schools are tough to beat.
Y-not Daily

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Yep, Region 3 will definetely have DP and H-N at the top. Region 4 I really think Leeds-Minnewaukan will have a great team(lost 1 senior who started but didnt play much, 16-7 record). Four Winds might have a pretty decent looking team with Finley back otherwise I dont see any team in the Region that will compete with these 2 teams. 

Look at the State B this year....Over half of the teams had very young teams. New Salem has Norton who can do it all, Kindred had that very good Sophomore girl, Watford City has Paige Anderson who does so many things, Midway Minto had an underclass dominated team. I think we'll see these 4 teams have a very good chance at making a return trip. It would be NS's 3rd year in a row.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:32 am

Word is Marlee Finley is Gone!  Transferring to Mandan.   Hate to see her go but wish her the best of luck.  She's a very classy kid! 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:14 am

nativegolfer wrote:Word is Marlee Finley is Gone!  Transferring to Mandan.   Hate to see her go but wish her the best of luck.  She's a very classy kid! 

No way!!! Can that be true?
Y-not Daily

Postby WildWarrior » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:17 am

Y-not Daily wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:Word is Marlee Finley is Gone!  Transferring to Mandan.   Hate to see her go but wish her the best of luck.  She's a very classy kid! 

No way!!! Can that be true?

:shock: and we have spent all this time talking about private schools recruiting!!  J/K Not accusing anyone of anything.  I would guess if it is true it is about her wanting to play in a highly competitive program and gaining the exposure that comes with Mandan Basketball.  Best of luck to Ms. Finley if this is true!
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:48 pm

wouldn't doubt it I know a girl who is playing w/ mandan this summer who lives in belcourt I don't know what thats all about.  But GL to Ms. Finley excellent basketball player but on the Class B girls topic New Salem in Region 5 again based on Norton alone but Shiloh could sneak up if Tami Miller recovers from an ACL sprain.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:46 pm

Minn-Leeds moves to District 8 this year and should be at the top for preseason picks, and the only team I can really see doing anything beyond .500.  Wells Co. should be picked to win district 7 with NR-Sheyenne close behind.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby carolina blue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:30 am

how come nobody is saying, if true that finley does go to mandan, that she was recruited by mandan. i know for a fact if she was to transfer to a private school everyone would be saying that she was recruited to play there. just an opinion.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:31 pm

Litchville-Marion-Montpelier should be the team to beat in District 5, and i think they could find themselves in the Region 3 championship game.  They have a strong team with some young talent.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Finley is going to Mandan, I just went to a team camp this weekend and she was playing with them.
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:37 pm

yeah and they might have two more recruits coming too
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ranger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:02 pm

Keep an eye on Bowman.  They have 5 or 6 good juniors.
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:42 am

yeah, bowman is gonna be a force next year. With juniors: Abby Nasset, Lindsey Tivis, Brittany Anderson, Steph Lockert, etc. they will be good this year, next year, and possibly the year after that.

tell me if i missed any names from that team

Last edited by project-pat on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:44 am

How is region 1 going to be this year?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:55 am

ND_Coach wrote:How is region 1 going to be this year?

i think killoran is back for maple valley and dimmer was decent, but losing flaten will probably hurt.

i have no clue as to who is coming back from kindred (who beat maple twice) or oak grove (the only other team to beat maple valley) but if i would have to guess, mv would probably have to be at least a favorite to make a run in the region tournament.
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:22 pm

Kindred and Maple Valley should be 1 and 2 in the region I would guess.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Hoopster Region Picks:  http://www.ndhoopster.com

Region 1---Kindred

Region 2---Dakota Prairie

Region 3---Steele-Dawson

Region 4---Minnewaukan-Leeds

Region 5---New Salem

Region 6---Velva

Region 7---Bowman

Region 8---Tioga

Anybody know anything about Tioga? I see they were under .500 by about 4 or 5 games last year. Maybe loaded with underclassmen?
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:07 am

How is Milnor going to be? Anybody know?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:38 am

Region 1 will probably be Kindred with the top spot and Maple Valley #2.  Kindred only lost one senior from the team, and Maple Valley will be returning a couple of tough guards.  Hope-Page should be respectable along with Oakes
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby westfan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:29 am

I don't agree with Don Hanson's preaseason pick for Girls Region 8. This is my view of the west.

I have seen a few of  the teams in Region 8 play this summer in team camps and I don't think Tioga has the personnel to come out on top. Yes, Abby Bratlien will probably be back in play this year for Tioga, (she has been sitting out with a ACL injury since last November) but one person can't win a game alone.  This summer I saw Tioga take beatings from both New Town and Stanley, I think Stanley beat them twice by close to 40 points each time.

There is not much to write about in District 16 as it looks like a two horse race: Divide County looks to have quite a few starters returning and I would say they will win the District 16 Title. I think they will be able to put 5 good players on the floor vs Tioga's 2 or 3. Other wise most of the other schools in the District will probably have just a average year.

In District 15 New Town looks like they will probably hold there own this year, with the loss of 6-1" Kia Herbal, 5-11" Fawn Fettig and Tika Baker to graduation, they obviously will have some backfilling to do.  Junior Christine Miller (17 pts per game) looks good, although as a team they look somewhat unorganized on the court. But in the end they will have a competitive team, with out a doubt.

From what I have seen of Stanley they look very good.  They played in the championship game at the Williston State Team camp. Then they went down to the Valley City State Team Camp and were undefeated there. I was told they demolished Washburn and beat Lichville-Marion-Montpelier handily and also beat some team from Minnesota. They only lost one to graduation and have two senior 6 footers returning in Courtney Egge and Brooke Hollekim. Egge averaging 20 pts and Hollekim averaging 12 pts last year. They will have 4 returning starters.

You can never count out Watford City. Even thought they lost 5 to graduation Tom Suelzle always seems to have his team ready at tournament time. Junior Guard Paige Anderson will be the only returning player with experience. At the Williston State Team camp Watford struggled trying to find players to gel.  They went 1-2 at the camp. They then went on to the Valley City State Team Camp and played much better I think they won 2 and lost 1 at the camp. Overall I think the lack of experience may hurt them this year. We will see what happens at tournament time when it counts.

My picks for this year:

District 15 Championship Game - New Town vs Stanley

District 16 Championship Game - Tioga vs Divide County

Region 8 Championship Game -  New Town vs Stanley

You pick the winners!
westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westfan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:37 am

To follow up on my previous post I would also like to add Mandaree to the mix in Region 8.

They are a sleeper team in District 15 that attended several team camps this summer and basically played a lot. They have some height and also a couple of good guards to go along with this. I can see this team in the Region 8 semi-finals as well.

Look for Mandaree to win quite a few games this year.
westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby black swan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 am

Bowman also has Allison Hanson who will be a sophomore, but in my opinion, they don't have much of a bench. I don't know how they will do against a team like Trinity or Hazen. Is there starting 5 strong enough?

:muscle:
black swan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:02 am

Region II

Yes DP has the UND recruit but Midway-Minto made a run through state WITHOUT their third leading scorer (best 3pt shooter) with a knee injury in January. They only lose one senior that only averaged like 4 pts per game, if that, and everyone is now a year older with alot more experience under their belts and already a Region II title. They also posses one of the best point guards in the state that does everything that needs to be done.

When you have that much returning they usually get the nod in the hoopster. Should be another great race in Region 2.
Last edited by InTheKnow on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls