06/07 Class B Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:48 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Wondering if any team can really compete with steele-dawson. IMO, they almost have the region locked up.

i figure they locked it up about a week ago when they beat linton convincingly...what are you waiting for them to do before you feel they have it locked up?
Well, im certain they have it locked up, but then again, nothing is certain in sports.

barring injury, there is no way steele-dawson can lose. that isn't a slight to the other teams in the region. the pirates are just on a different level than the rest of region 3.

as far as nothing being certain in sports...eh...i'm certain enough. the rest of region 3 hasn't proved me wrong yet this year...i'll let it ride...and if a team proves me wrong, i'll be the first to give them credit.
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Minn-Leeds or A-E will come out of R4. There just isnt anybody else that compares to either of them. Granted, somebody could go on a huge run and knock off some pretty good teams because afterall, it is basketball. Minn-Leeds just has a very tough defense they will be very tough to beat, especially when the offense is hitting.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Well, Region 2 just keeps up the drama.  Cavalier got Drayton-St.Thomas tonight pretty good. 64-45.  We hadn't been talking about Cavalier, but they are 10-4.  An off-night for Drayton St Thomas, or we do throw Cavalier in the mix?
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:05 pm

rkmt wrote:Well, Region 2 just keeps up the drama.  Cavalier got Drayton-St.Thomas tonight pretty good. 64-45.  We hadn't been talking about Cavalier, but they are 10-4.  An off-night for Drayton St Thomas, or we do throw Cavalier in the mix?

I think any team in that region, on any given night can win. Its been that way all year long. Just a lot of quality teams that are evenly matched. Its basketball, when a good team has an off night they are very beatable.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:12 pm

I guess you're right, I was mostly surprised by the margin of victory for Cavalier.  But D-ST had a big win a few nights ago over Dakota Prairie - how many times do you see a team win a big one and then drop one a few days later that everyone expects them to win?  Could have had a bit of a letdown. 

But now, that said, I have seen Cavalier over the years, and although I wasn't putting them up at the top of the district or region, they do have some athletes.  So I am not slighting them, either.  There's a lot of good basketball - and volleyball - up in the NE corner of the state. 
Last edited by rkmt on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Minn-Leeds beat a nice young Lakota team tonight. Lakota has had some really good wins lately. And Starkweather-Munich beat Adams-Edmore by double digits. That suprises me, I dont know much about SM but I think they are a few games below .500. Big win for them.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:49 pm

rkmt wrote:I guess you're right, I was mostly surprised by the margin of victory for Cavalier.  But D-ST had a big win a few nights ago over Dakota Prairie - how many times do you see a team win a big one and then drop one a few days later that everyone expects them to win?  Could have had a bit of a letdown. 

But now, that said, I have seen Cavalier over the years, and although I wasn't putting them up at the top of the district or region, they do have some athletes.  So I am not slighting them, either.  There's a lot of good basketball - and volleyball - up in the NE corner of the state. 

Suprising that Cavalier pulled the upset...somewhat. Shocking that they won that handily...without a doubt.

I would be interested to hear what happened. Was Baldwin in foul trouble or get injured? If that is the case it tells us alot about D/ST T.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketball1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:31 am

I also noticed that Dakota Prairie traveled up to Cavalier and beat them by about 10 without Jenna Gillett.
basketball1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rkmt » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:29 am

basketball1234 wrote:I also noticed that Dakota Prairie traveled up to Cavalier and beat them by about 10 without Jenna Gillett.

So D-ST beats Dakota Prairie by 7, Dakota Prairie beats Cavalier by 11.  On paper, D-St should beat Cavalier by 18.  Instead they lose by 21.  I guess that's why we play the game!  That's why it's fun to talk about the games, but I won't try to predict Region 2.  I won't even be so bold as to try to predict Region 3.  Anything can happen on a given night. 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:38 am

Just sounded like an off-night for the Blue-Knights.  I doubt they'll have a loss like that again.  haven't heard if anyone was in foul trouble.  Like you said, a good team can have a bad night, & cavalier has some height, maybe outplayed them on the boards.  I Give Cavalier credit.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:18 pm

i heard that 4 out of drayton-st. thomas' 5 starters were in foul trouble... and a couple fouled out in the 3rd. but i'm not 100% sure.
thesports_guy32

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Look for the young Lisbon team to be a cinderella story in the tourneys.  They could really upset some teams if they have moment going into the tourneys.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 pm

Midway-Minto beat Adams-Edmore by 13, 50-37. Out scored them 13-3 in the final quarter.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:03 pm

i take that back. Mandi palczewski should definately be in the starting lineup for the bowman bulldogs. She has absolutely lit it up the past couple games. She hit 5 3's tonight for the bulldogs against mott/regent and was definately the key for their victory.
project-pat

Postby ranger » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:51 pm

You must not know much about basketball and the fundamentals.  A smart player does much for a team.
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:45 pm

ranger wrote:You must not know much about basketball and the fundamentals.  A smart player does much for a team.

I'm pretty sure i know alot more about the game of basketball than you ranger. I'm sorry to say, but don't even try me. Earlier in the year, I didn't think Palcewzski would be ready to fill in a big role like that BUT, she has taken in her spot quite nicely and should stay at that spot until she graduates. She is doing twice as good as Megan Naico or Ali Morland would be doing at this time. Mandi will be the key for the bulldogs going into tourney time. We'll see how well she can distribute the ball and hit open shots as she does so well.
project-pat

Postby feeshattack » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:01 pm

bowman and trinity will be very competitive in their region.... bowman has a very good and young team, you can expect to see them go very far if not this year, but next year... trinity has been improving all season and will be a force during regional tournements
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grywyn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:57 pm

I think Midway-Minto will repeat in region 2
grywyn
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:37 am

rep wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:My only problem with the Hoopsters picks is Region 2.  How can they think that Midway-Minto is not going to go back to state?  They have an amazing guard in Betsy Dickson, that shuster girl that was a freshmen last year is one of the best players in the region already.  They only lost one significant player off last years team and played without her during some of the state tournament?  So what does Dakota Prairie have thats going to compete with that.  These girls are going to play together even better now and be more motivated to get back after coming up short to bottineau.

i disagree with the last statement...two years ago hatton-northwood was supposed to have a four-year run at the state tournament. random things happen throughout the year and maybe one team will start the year fast and then go flat come playoff time for some unknown reason. the regular season is almost meaningless and i really could care less about most games until february/march.
looks like i got one preseason pick right, good luck mustangs! :D
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:27 am

Sounds like DP got all the hype but when it comes down to it, the better team won. I am glad to see a hard working team like MM make it back again. Says alot about the kids and coaching staff. Maybe people should have talked more about the MM kids rather than the DP kids.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 am

InTheKnow wrote:Region 2 is well represented in the Jan 9 State poll with 5 schools (DP, H-N, FL/PR, M-M, D/St T). If they dont beat themselves with a really poor shooting night in the Regionals, I still have MM taking the region.

Looks like I was right on with not only the prediction but how they would win. ;)

As far as DP getting alot of hype, they were definately a great team. No doubt about that. As was stated often during the season any one of 5-6 teams could potentially win the region and then ALSO win state. What I could not understand was the pre season polls. Here M-M makes a run all the way to the title game without their #3 scorer who returned, they only lost 1 player who didnt even start til the last week of the season because of injury and they get ranked pre-season around 8th. Usually it is the other way around where a team that makes a run like that gets hyped big time when in all actuality they lots some major components. It wasnt that way for M-M, they got everyone back a year stronger and a year smarter.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls