A-E

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Can anyone tell me what happened to Adams-Edmore?  I remember seeing them in the rankings earlier, & then just disappeared.  they didn't make regionals even.  Any info would be great.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:46 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:Can anyone tell me what happened to Adams-Edmore?  I remember seeing them in the rankings earlier, & then just disappeared.  they didn't make regionals even.  Any info would be great.

I remember that their star player Nygard (spelling?) got hurt during the season.  I don't know if that was after they lost to DP and ML or not, but it is a big reason why they lost some of their reg season dist. games.  I thought she was going to be back for the district tourney, but I don't know if she did.  If she did, it would seem funny that they would have lost out in the tourney.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:38 am

Well that's just it, I saw her name in the box scores, so I know she was playing.  Maybe she was just out there, but not being much of a factor.  If that's the case, it just shows how important she was to that team.  I think you could say the same thing about a lot of teams- lose 1 player, & not necessarily your #1 go-to player, and things change dramatically.  That's the difference in Class B, quite a few teams aren't deep enough to lose one of their top 3 players. 
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:Well that's just it, I saw her name in the box scores, so I know she was playing.  Maybe she was just out there, but not being much of a factor.  If that's the case, it just shows how important she was to that team.  I think you could say the same thing about a lot of teams- lose 1 player, & not necessarily your #1 go-to player, and things change dramatically.  That's the difference in Class B, quite a few teams aren't deep enough to lose one of their top 3 players. 

Same thing happened with Starkweather Munich.  They were the #2 seed and lost both of their games in districts.  They lost their point guard before tourney time.  She wasn't the star, but she added a lot to that team.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Diamond D » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:25 am

I spoke with Nygaard last week and she has not only been nursing a neck/back injury, but also an ankle.  I don't believe she is 100% yet.

I believe the DP vs AE game was a little on the rough side and that compounded the neck/back injury.  I am not sure on the ankle as to when and how that happened.

I hope the team comes around and she ends up being 100% here towards the end.

Diamond D

Return to Girls