Region 8 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:20 pm

[align=left]i need records

[font=Nimrod MT]Region 8[/font]

[font=Nimrod MT]At Williston State College[/font]

[font=Nimrod MT](D15-2) Mandaree vs. (D16-3) Tioga[/font]

[font=Nimrod MT](D16-1) Divide County vs. (D15-4) Watford City or Stanley[/font]

[font=Nimrod MT](D15-1) New Town vs. (D16-4) Grenora-Westby[/font]

[font=Nimrod MT](D16-2) Ray vs. (D15-3) Stanley or Watford City[/font]
[/align]
Last edited by rep on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Mandaree defeats Tioga 59-39

Watford City defeats Divide County 50-37
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:32 pm

anyone have the other two scores
rep

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:41 pm

New Town won by 25
Photo-man-Bob

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Don't Know the scores but Stanley and New Town both won big.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby westfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:33 am

REGION 8

At Williston State College

District 15 Sweeps the opening round of Region 8.

Monday, Feb. 19

Quarterfinals

Mandaree 59, Tioga 37

Watford City 50, Divide County 37

New Town 62, Grenora-Westby 37

Stanley 50, Ray 21

Tuesday, Feb. 20

Semifinals

Game 5: Watford City vs Mandaree, 6 p.m.

Game 6: Stanley vs New Town, 7:30 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 22

Third place

Game 7: Losers Games 5 and 6, 6 p.m.

Championship

Game 8: Winners Games 5 and 6, 20 minutes after previous game

westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tripleb » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:10 am

Watford City is now 11-12.  2 more wins and Coach Suelzle hits 500.  That would mean the Wolves to State.  Story book ending to a so-so regular season?  Any thoughts?
tripleb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:15 am

That would be great to see Tom Suelzle hit the 500 win mark, but we won't see that until next year. I don't think WC can put 2 games in a row together like they played last night. Paige won't be able to pick her way through the Mandaree defense like she did with DC. I would say odds are WC drops their last two games of this season.

Now for the New Town vs Stanley matchup I believe you could flip a coin and it would probably land on edge in this game. Stanley leads the series this year 2-1. What it boils down to is what Stanley team takes the court tonight, the stand around and wait for something to happen team or the very aggressive defensive team that makes offense happen in transition. If New Town get their way and slows things down in their slow patient half court offense, they will probably be the next Region 8 Champion.
westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 am

Yea, the Stanley/new Town winner should go to State
Photo-man-Bob

Postby J-Rod34 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:18 am

westfan wrote:REGION 8

[size=5]District 15 Sweeps the opening round of Region 8.

[/size]

This will be the same headline next week when the boys play. District 15 was by far better this year and if memory serves me correctly for the past few years that district has been better.
J-Rod34

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:19 am

westfan wrote:That would be great to see Tom Suelzle hit the 500 win mark, but we won't see that until next year. I don't think WC can put 2 games in a row together like they played last night. Paige won't be able to pick her way through the Mandaree defense like she did with DC. I would say odds are WC drops their last two games of this season.

Now for the New Town vs Stanley matchup I believe you could flip a coin and it would probably land on edge in this game. Stanley leads the series this year 2-1. What it boils down to is what Stanley team takes the court tonight, the stand around and wait for something to happen team or the very aggressive defensive team that makes offense happen in transition. If New Town get their way and slows things down in their slow patient half court offense, they will probably be the next Region 8 Champion.

I would never doubt Coach Suelzle when it comes to regional tournament time.  He has proven numerous times in the past when his teams aren't playing that well going into the regional tournament he somehow gets his team to string together 3 straight and I wouldn't be suprised if it happens this year too.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:27 pm

New Town won by 10
Photo-man-Bob

Return to Girls