Region 6 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:40 pm

soooo, does anyone have records for the region 6 tournament?

[align=center]opening round[/align]
11-2 bottineau vs. 12-3 bishop ryan, 3 p.m.

12-1 kenmare vs. 11-4 rugby, 4:30 p.m.

11-1 velva vs. 12-4 mls, 6:15 p.m.

12-2 our redeemer's vs. 11-3 westhope-newburg, 7:45 p.m.
rep

Postby SportsFanatic31 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Here's most of them. 

Bishop Ryan 20-2

Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 17-5

Kenmare 14-8

Our Redeemers 12-9

Bottineau 21-2

Westhope-Newburg 13-8

Rugby 8-14
Last edited by SportsFanatic31 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SportsFanatic31
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:50 am

Bott vs BR first round match up was my prediction for region championship game....whichever team wins this game has inside track to region championship
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hunter48 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:19 pm

bbjay wrote:Bott vs BR first round match up was my prediction for region championship game....whichever team wins this game has inside track to region championship

Ya but the winner of that game will have to go to Kenmare who is starting to heat up and just beat a team in Our Redeemers by more than 15 that beat Minot Ryan so I wouldnt say that they have an inside track to the region championship.  Also Botno had three of their girls injured.  Im not saying Botno and BR arnt a good team but you have to throw Kenmare into the picture also.
hunter48

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:18 pm

hunter48 wrote:
bbjay wrote:Bott vs BR first round match up was my prediction for region championship game....whichever team wins this game has inside track to region championship

Ya but the winner of that game will have to go to Kenmare who is starting to heat up and just beat a team in Our Redeemers by more than 15 that beat Minot Ryan so I wouldnt say that they have an inside track to the region championship.  Also Botno had three of their girls injured.  Im not saying Botno and BR arnt a good team but you have to throw Kenmare into the picture also.

I think Botno was basically saving those girls for the region tournament....they knew they'd make it without those three is suppose, so they'll play now, I'm sure...
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Bottineau absolutely rolled throught their first two games of the tournament (Minot Ryan and Kenmare)...less the first quarter against Minot Ryan.  So, they'll play either Our Redeemers or Velva in the championship.  In the regular season, Botno beat OR by 30 and Velva by 20.  Botno lost to Velva in the district title game, but they were without 3 or 4 players, I believe....I think we're going to see them in the state tournament once again....but anything can happen.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:54 pm

anyone have scores for the two semifinals?
rep

Postby bbjay » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:36 am

Botno 63

Kenmare 34

Velva 46

Our Redeemers 39

REmatch of District 11 title game for region championship

bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:50 am

I got Botno advancing easily to state...they shouldn't have any problem with Velva
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:03 am

I agree with you on that. At least 15 point game.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:52 pm

Botno wins 55-32....they had no competition in this region, not that there wasn't any, just that they were playing at a different level than everybody else.  I think they'll be back in the state title game again this year.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hunter48 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:38 pm

bbjay wrote:Botno wins 55-32....they had no competition in this region, not that there wasn't any, just that they were playing at a different level than everybody else.  I think they'll be back in the state title game again this year.

I will agree with you that they were playing a a high level but the Kenmare game could of been different if Kaitlyn Nelson didnt get hurt.  She was their leader and best dribbler by far and when she went down Kenmare couldnt get the ball up the court.  Dont get me wrong Botno is a great team and we will never now but before she got hurt Kenmare was beating them.
hunter48

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:00 pm

bbjay wrote:Botno wins 55-32....they had no competition in this region, not that there wasn't any, just that they were playing at a different level than everybody else.  I think they'll be back in the state title game again this year.

I forsee a rematch of last years state title game. Bottineau and Midway-Minto. Midway Minto just got done playing the three best games they have played all year during the regionals and that includes having beat Bottineau earlier in the year. Should be a great tournament.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbjay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:43 am

hunter48 wrote:

I will agree with you that they were playing a a high level but the Kenmare game could of been different if Kaitlyn Nelson didnt get hurt.  She was their leader and best dribbler by far and when she went down Kenmare couldnt get the ball up the court.  Dont get me wrong Botno is a great team and we will never now but before she got hurt Kenmare was beating them.

I don't think 1 girl would have really made up 30 points...but who knows, even with her earlier in the year Botno beat them.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls