District 13 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby fish » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:37 am

They played the first rounds of this tournament last night! Bowman was the number 1 seed and therefore, got a bye! Here are the scores from last night, some really exciting games!!!!

#4 Beach vs. #5 Hettinger- Beach 61 Hettinger 54

#7 Scranton vs. #2 Mott/Regent- Mott/Regent 45 Scranton 22

#3 South Heart/Belfield vs. #6 New England-South/Heart Belfield 56 New England 45

Games tonight!!

#7 Scranton vs. #6 New England at 4:30

#1 Bowman vs. #4 Beach at 6:00

#2 Mott/Regent vs. #3 South Heart/Belfield at 7:30

Should be some really good games tonight!!! New England beat Scranton last meeting by only a few points. Bowman upset Beach awhile back but, i have a feeling the Bucs want revenge. And finally M/R beat SH/B in thier last meeting by 10 but, SH/B is a good team! However, so is M/R!!! It should be a night of excitement at District 13 Girls Basketball action in Bowman tonight!! I'll post these scores later tonight!
Last edited by fish on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:49 am

How do you say bowman beating beach is an upset?
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:23 pm

Bowman beat Beach (no upset there)

M/R beat SH/Belfield

Scranton beat New England
project-pat

Postby fish » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Here are the results from the District 13 Tournament on Saturday! Tonight again we saw some great basketball!

#7 Scranton vs. #6 New England- Scranton- 54 beats New England- 41

#1 Bowman vs. #4 Beach- Bowman- 61 beats Beach- 33

#2 Mott/Regent vs. #3 Belfield/South Heart- Mott/Regent- 57 beats Belfield/South Heart- 55

Monday:

#7 Scranton vs. #4 Beach at 4:30- Regional Qualifier

#5 Hettinger vs. #2 Belfield/South Heart at 6:00- Regional Qualifier

Championship Game between #1 Bowman and #2 Mott/Regent at 7:30

Tonight we saw some very good basketball from all the teams! And to answer the bowman persons question Beachs basketball team has made a complete turn around since last year!!! And i might have used a bad word (upset) but you should have known what i meant! Secondly, tonight Beach was only down by 11 at the half and at one point in the first quarter only trailed by 1. Beach stuck with Bowman till the second half and then Bowman slowly pulled away this shows that Bowman is a VERY beatable team! In the last semi-final game it was very competative. Mott/Regent maintained the lead most of the game and played so awesome defense! South Heart/Belfield has some very talented 3 point shooters that kept them in the game!! But, in the end Mott/Regent came out on top!! The championship game should be very good! Last time Mott/Regent and Bowman met Bowman only won by 9 and they scored 6 of those nine points in the fourth quarter. At the end of the third quarter at that game Mott/Regent only trailed by 3!!! It should be a excellent game and i have a feeling that Bowman might come into that game a little to confident and that could be their downfall!! Good luck to everyone and i'll post all the remaining scores after Monday's games!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:45 pm

haha yeah bowman is very beatable when you lose by 30 points. And secondly, it's very easy to be down 1 in the first quarter. It's quite the accomplishment to be trailing by 1 a whole 2 minutes into the game haha. And it's not a slow pull away when you blow a team out by 30. I'm thinking your just a jealous parent or player. Bowman doesn't come in over confident, they go in and get the job done.
Last edited by project-pat on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby fish » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:21 am

I am not in anyway disputing that Bowman isn't a good team!!! They are a very good team with amazing talent Abby Nasset and Brittany Anderson do a great job in the post! Then Allison Hanson, Mandi Palceswski, and Lindsey Tivis handle the ball very well!! To me it seems like you are taking things way out of hand!! Yes bowman did beat Beach by nearly 30 points and that was a great accomplishment! However, all i'm trying to say is that Mott/Regent could win the game against Bowman. This same situation happened last year with Bowman beating Mott/Regent in the regular season but then Mott/Regent beating Bowan in the District Championship!!! All of trying to say is that i think it will be a great game and that neither team has it won yet!!! Bowman and Mott/Regent both have an equal chance! P.S. I'm not a JEALOUS parent or player there is no reason to be jealous of anything because, Mott/Regent has an equally good team! Perhaps your the jealous one!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:21 am

Well it's pretty dumb to say a team is beatable when they win by 30. And it's not an upset when the #1 team in the district beats the #4. I'm just thinking you got something against bowman by the attitude of that last post. Oh I'm sorry, you must be a jealous stat. Seth Fisher, I have nothing to be jealous about. I know that my team is #3 in the state and they will pull it off. CHEA
Last edited by project-pat on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby lambboy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:42 am

hahahahaha, fish u are a funny guy. an upset the first time they played beach? are u kidding me. adn they slowly pulled away and still won by 30 huh. sounds like u dont know what u are talking about. and brittany anderson does not play the post. bowman will not come in to confident and they will beat m-r in the district chamionship. that is why they are #3 in the state.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:43 am

lambboy wrote:hahahahaha, fish u are a funny guy. an upset the first time they played beach? are u kidding me. adn they slowly pulled away and still won by 30 huh. sounds like u dont know what u are talking about. and brittany anderson does not play the post. bowman will not come in to confident and they will beat m-r in the district chamionship. that is why they are #3 in the state.

Agreed
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:24 pm

Bowman beat Mott-Regent in the championship and are the 2007 District 13 champions. What kind of excuses you got now fish?
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:14 pm

I actually think the most exciting game of the tourney was SH/Belfield against Hettinger. SH/B was up 37-26 at half. Hettinger battled back to get a 4 point lead going into the 4th. Hettinger hit a few key 3 pointers to bring them back into the game. But, Michelle Kubas and the lady eagles proved to be too much for the lady black devils as they won 76-74. Kubas finished the game with 37 points.
project-pat

Postby fish » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Project-Pat yes Bowman play very well and are the District 13 Champions, I wish them the best of luck! Mott/Regent didn't play their best at all and had lots of turnovers because, of Bowmans tough D. Although Bowman did win it was still a very fun and exciting game to watch for the most part! I have a stron feeling that both of these teams could meet again in Regionals!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:32 pm

The only way they'll meet up again is at the championship, unless they both lose their semifinal games. I don't think M/R will make it to the ship.
project-pat

Postby Biff » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:26 am

If I were a Mott/ Regent fan I would be concerned with the first round matchup with Trinity.  I believe the last time they played Trinity won by close to 25 points.  Since they will be playing in Dickinson again dont start making regional champ plans just yet!
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 am

Just an FYI for you District 13 fans. When Trinity beat M/R by nearly 25 points M/R was missing 3 of their key players. Just something to keep in mind when making your picks.
pbhoopsters

Postby Biff » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:58 am

No M/R was missing 2 players, Mosbrucker and Shiable. And by the way, Trinity also had two starters sitting out there very same game. 
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:13 pm

I stand corrected. However, with neither team having starting line-ups it seems to me that the score of the game becomes irrelevant.
pbhoopsters

Postby Privdog » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:20 am

When Dickinson Trinity beat Mott/Regent by 25, Dickinson Trinity and Mott/Regent each had 2 of their starters sitting out because of injuries. But, now that both teams have all their starters back, I think it's going to be a pretty exciting game to watch. But, I still think Dickinson Trinity is going to come out on top.
Privdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:56 pm

It looks like mosbrucker and schiable made all the difference.  M/R won by 6.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls