District 6 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:50 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Any predictions and score for the championship game?

Steele 62 Linton 49

Haha what were you thinking putting Linton in the championship game. HMB beat Linton tonight 49 to 44 I think was the final. So your predictions for tomorrows game will have to feature Steele and HMB.

Anyone know what the score was between HMB and Linton during the regular season?

It was about the same, 58-49 HMB.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:51 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Steele 62 Linton 49

Haha what were you thinking putting Linton in the championship game. HMB beat Linton tonight 49 to 44 I think was the final. So your predictions for tomorrows game will have to feature Steele and HMB.

Anyone know what the score was between HMB and Linton during the regular season?

Ok, for some reason i thought it was by 20 or so, and was surprised to see that score.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Steele 62 Linton 49

Ok, for some reason i thought it was by 20 or so, and was surprised to see that score.

Nope, HMB is by far the more superiour team. Scary thought is is that they are 3 freshmen a sophomore and a junior...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:55 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Steele 62 Linton 49

Nope, HMB is by far the more superiour team. Scary thought is is that they are 3 freshmen a sophomore and a junior...
Wow, if they keep improving, there should be some good battles in the next few years.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:55 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Steele 62 Linton 49

Wow, if they keep improving, there should be some good battles in the next few years.

Ya...between HMB and Steele haha
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:58 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Steele 62 Linton 49

One also has to think Linton will be better in the next couple years too.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:59 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Steele 62 Linton 49

One also has to think Linton will be better in the next couple years too.

Don't put money on it...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Haha, ok. You think the pressure will get to HMB at all tomorrow night? One thing they have going for them is playing on their home court though.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:10 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:Haha, ok. You think the pressure will get to HMB at all tomorrow night? One thing they have going for them is playing on their home court though.

I thought that it would, and I think it will because Steele is pretty rowdy, but HMB's crowd was crazy tonight. If they are like that tomorrow night it should help HMB stay in the game. I just think the Steele pressure is just too much... And I just think the thought of it being a district championship game is going to rattle HMB. Sometimes the hardest thing to overcome in a big game is the mental part.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:19 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Haha, ok. You think the pressure will get to HMB at all tomorrow night? One thing they have going for them is playing on their home court though.

I thought that it would, and I think it will because Steele is pretty rowdy, but HMB's crowd was crazy tonight. If they are like that tomorrow night it should help HMB stay in the game. I just think the Steele pressure is just too much... And I just think the thought of it being a district championship game is going to rattle HMB. Sometimes the hardest thing to overcome in a big game is the mental part.

Well said.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:38 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Well said.

Well thank you haha
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:04 am

Anyone know the last time Linton failed to reach the championship game in districts? I know its been awhile.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:56 am

bballfan_05 wrote:Anyone know the last time Linton failed to reach the championship game in districts? I know its been awhile.

I believe Flyberg has never not played in a district championship... he has been at Linton for 12 years. The last time Linton didn't play in a regional championship game was 1998...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:59 am

Last time Linton didn't play in the District Championship game was 93.
Last edited by Watcher 007 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:12 am

Watcher 007 wrote:Last time Linton didn't play in the District Championship game was 93.

Which was the last time HMB made regionals.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Girls