Young team Coming up?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:28 pm

rep wrote:
Ted_Kloudt wrote:I hate Flyberg. The HMB Tigers are freakin awesome. They are goin all the way this year and next year. They will crush ANYONE. Bjerklie is a mighty fine coach, but I think the real mastermind comes from the assistant coach in Arleen Fettig, former Braddock Bobcat standout. Whoever disagrees with this statement can eat poop!!!!!!

get me a shovel then, it's getting thick in here

Good thing I'm wearing my boots right now
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:44 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
rep wrote:
Ted_Kloudt wrote:I hate Flyberg. The HMB Tigers are freakin awesome. They are goin all the way this year and next year. They will crush ANYONE. Bjerklie is a mighty fine coach, but I think the real mastermind comes from the assistant coach in Arleen Fettig, former Braddock Bobcat standout. Whoever disagrees with this statement can eat poop!!!!!!
All the way where??? i saw them play earlier this year and they didn't impress me much at all. The junior everyone is raving about was ok, but nothing great. The Fettig girl is nothing special either. If you are physical with her, she shuts down. And they have no bench whatsoever. I just don't know what all the fuss is about. Good team, yes, but all the way?? Not this year or next.
ndfbfan

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Wow. Pretty harsh are we. Hate is a pretty strong word and even if you don't personally like him, you still have to respect him as a coach for the success he has had. HMB is not going all the way next year, let alone this year. Steele-Dawson is a much better team. You are right that Bjerklie is a might fine coach. Eat poop? Real mature.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:46 pm

baller01 wrote:Wow. Pretty harsh are we. Hate is a pretty strong word and even if you don't personally like him, you still have to respect him as a coach for the success he has had. HMB is not going all the way next year, let alone this year. Steele-Dawson is a much better team. You are right that Bjerklie is a might fine coach. Eat poop? Real mature.

Just for the record baller, I didn't copy your post!! I hit send about the exact same time as you did. That was kind of freaky!!!
ndfbfan

Postby Ted_Kloudt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:47 pm

All the way where...... you've got to be kidding me. What are you smokin. How many games have you seen? There is such a thing as having an off day.
Ted_Kloudt
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:23 am

Are you 10 years old?? Your comments make you sound real mature. Try being an unbiased observer once. They placed 8th at the New Salem tournament earlier this year. They just aren't that good. Like I said, good team, yes. All the way? Not going to happen.
ndfbfan

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:56 am

You are right, they did place 8th in the New Salem Tournament. I haven't seen them play that bad all season. They averaged like 30 turnovers a game. That is not like them. I watched them play out there and it was ugly. They deserved 8th place. You can't take that away from the teams they played either. They were some stiff competition. Shiloh only lost to New Salem by what 3, and they lost to Hazen and Falsher. Other than those three teams, Steele was the only other strong one in that tournament. But your right, stay in the past, the did take 8th in the New Salem Tournament.

Steele on the other hand is looking tough. I think they had like 20 girls out 9-12 for basketball. That is a ton for a class b school so it is nice to have a selection to choose from. They Should win their district and region with the athletes they have. Good luck to the Lady Pirates.
Last edited by Watcher 007 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsjunkie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:23 am

[font=arial black]Next year the Lisbon girl team should be a suprise.  This year they have a very good post player in Veronica Munkeby who is 6 foot and only a sophmore this year.  They also have a couple of good gaurds in Anderson who is a junior, Hoistad who is a freshman, and they have a leader on the team in Wimer.  They should be a contendor in the district and regoin tourneys this year and a threat next year.[/font]
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:59 am

What is Lisbon's Girls record this year? I see they beat Wishek by like 3 and Wishek only has 3 wins. I don't know if that is a team that will make it to regionals.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 am

Lisbon is 6-7 right now, and in the middle of a bad district 1 (other then Hankinson)  They have a good chance of getting out of the district, but I don't think any of the 2-3-4 seeds in District 1 have got a shot in the regionals.  They are young and may get better in the future, but not this year. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 am

Let's hope for the best then. Why can't they get more girls out for basketball? They have a large school with many kids to pick from. Do they have a weak feeder system of something?
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:47 am

Lisbon's girls play really good defense, they are in your face the whole night.  But on the flip side they are not able to score very consistantly.  The last game they played they held Milnor to 6 points in the first half, but were only up by 10 at the break.  Final score was Lisbon 34 Milnor 23.  They have a lot of games like that, 34-28 type games. 

They are doing what works for them though, play great defense keep the games close and give yourself a chance to win.  Credit to the girls and Coach Bittner.

I think they have pretty decent numbers for a class B school I think they have around 20 girls out, I do not think they have many B squad players that just sit varsity, not entirely sure though.  They have some nice players who will be back if they develop offensively Lisbon could be a really good team.
Last edited by ND_Coach on Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:49 am

Ted_Kloudt wrote:All the way where...... you've got to be kidding me. What are you smokin. How many games have you seen? There is such a thing as having an off day.

the whole Steele-Dawson team could have an off day and they would still beat HMB.  they could score 30 points and still win, thats how good a Sand defense is.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:12 am

You must be from Steele.
Last edited by Watcher 007 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:59 am

Watcher 007 wrote:You must be from Steele and be a know it all. I guess we saw that Sand defense last year when they played in state. Oh yeah, forgot, they didn't make it..

I guess we saw that HMB team last year when they played in REGIONALS, did they even make it.......if they did i know they lost 1st round.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:41 pm

Watcher 007 wrote:You must be from Steele and be a know it all. I guess we saw that Sand defense last year when they played in state. Oh yeah, forgot, they didn't make it..

Hate to tell you but Steele's defense is tough. I've seen them play a few times this year and every game their defense impresses me. I'm not from Steele and I will say that they have one of the top defenses in the state. I think they held #1 New Salem to under 40 points, unfortunately for Steele they only put up 30 or so, but thats beside the point, we are talking defense.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:14 am

HMB played Steele-Dawson last night and the score surprised me. Steele won 51-40 but I predicted a way different score. I figured SD would win by atleast 20. Maybe HMB vs Steele-Dawson in the district championship could be a good one. Fredrickson lead Steele with 18 as Sand chipped in 13. HMB was lead by Katie Kalberer with 13 and Scherr with 12.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:54 am

baller01 wrote:HMB played Steele-Dawson last night and the score surprised me. Steele won 51-40 but I predicted a way different score. I figured SD would win by atleast 20. Maybe HMB vs Steele-Dawson in the district championship could be a good one. Fredrickson lead Steele with 18 as Sand chipped in 13. HMB was lead by Katie Kalberer with 13 and Scherr with 12.

I just saw the score this morning and had to say, that surprised me as I thought maybe at best HMB was a year off. Then who knows, maybe SD had a bad night. Anyway that is still impressive.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Watcher 007 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:56 am

On the radio it said it was a 5 point game with 3 minutes left. Must have been a good game to be at.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Basketball_Freak » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:56 pm

You say that maybe S-D might of had a bad game, from what I hear, S-D played just as well as they always do, and H-M-B is the one who had the bad night. I'm not arguing, but let's just see what happens in Districts.
Basketball_Freak
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:11 am

Basketball_Freak wrote:You say that maybe S-D might of had a bad game, from what I hear, S-D played just as well as they always do, and H-M-B is the one who had the bad night. I'm not arguing, but let's just see what happens in Districts.

HMB did have a lot of unforced TO's but that comes from SD having a good defense and HMB being young. HMB is a very solid team but comg district championship night, I'm going to say Steele-Dawson by 15. I would say 20+ but the game is in Hazelton. I just think that the inexperience of HMB is going to kill them come Saturday night. Steele-Dawson has WAY more experience in big games.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 am

You have to remember that unforced turnovers are the ones when a player throws an errant pass or dribbles off their foot or something that is not force by the defense. That is what an unforced turnover.

Forced turnovers are created by the defense. Just wanted to clarify that for you. I pick Steele by 9 in the championship games.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:18 am

Watcher 007 wrote:You have to remember that unforced turnovers are the ones when a player throws an errant pass or dribbles off their foot or something that is not force by the defense. That is what an unforced turnover.

Forced turnovers are created by the defense. Just wanted to clarify that for you. I pick Steele by 9 in the championship games.

You have the defintion correct, but personally I feel both are caused by the defense. It might not be a direct result from the defense, but the other team still causes it. If a player dribbles off there foot you have to look at why. Is it because the opposing team made that player do something they didn't want them to do. Think of it like this, if a girl is running a fast break, and the defender beats her to the low block and causes her to studder and dribble off her foot, that is an unforced turnover, but yet it was caused by the defense. You are right with the forced and unforced but I feel they are both caused by the defense.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 am

Steele by 20 or more....
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rkmt » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:29 am

bballer2 wrote:Steele by 20 or more....

Steele by 5.  Looked like it was close all the way.  I will say if they come back around to the Region Championship, which could happen, I'll take Steele to beat them a third time.  That's where the big game experience will make the difference.  But congrats to HMB for a great season, and so far, post season.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls