Young team Coming up?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballer2 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:04 am

rkmt wrote:
bballer2 wrote:Steele by 20 or more....

Steele by 5.  Looked like it was close all the way.  I will say if they come back around to the Region Championship, which could happen, I'll take Steele to beat them a third time.  That's where the big game experience will make the difference.  But congrats to HMB for a great season, and so far, post season.

my prediction was way off... hmb played a great game... i saw them play steele earlier this year and was impressed but i thought they played a perfect game and shot the ball well and steele struggled but iw as wrong... hmb is a much better team than i thought but i will have to say steele in the regional championship again... i agree job well done hmb...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:18 am

bballer2 wrote:
rkmt wrote:
bballer2 wrote:Steele by 20 or more....

Steele by 5.  Looked like it was close all the way.  I will say if they come back around to the Region Championship, which could happen, I'll take Steele to beat them a third time.  That's where the big game experience will make the difference.  But congrats to HMB for a great season, and so far, post season.

my prediction was way off... hmb played a great game... i saw them play steele earlier this year and was impressed but i thought they played a perfect game and shot the ball well and steele struggled but iw as wrong... hmb is a much better team than i thought but i will have to say steele in the regional championship again... i agree job well done hmb...

Yes HMB is a very good team, but bballer2 is right, Steele played terrible last night and HMB played very well. I've seen Steele play maybe 5 times this year, and that was by far the worst they have played. Also the home court helped HMB I think. In a neutral site like Napoleon, I got Steele by 10+.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:36 am

baller01, Steele did play bad but to say HMB played well, did you see the game. The radio said Steele shot 32 percent and HMB was 28percent. HMB had more turnover and less rebounds than Steele but you said they played well. Oh yeah, and their top scorer scored 3 points. Sounds like neither team played well. But that is your opinion and I can just go off of what the radio said. Wasn't there exactly 6:44 seconds when HMB guard fouled out and left them shorted handed. But they played well. I guess that is your opinion. Maybe someone else that actually paid attention to the game would know more. I say the meet up again in Region Championship and Steele wins again.  HMB is just to young. Have to be listening to the radio. Thanks KSJB
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Watcher 007 wrote:baller01, Steele did play bad but to say HMB played well, did you see the game. The radio said Steele shot 32 percent and HMB was 28percent. HMB had more turnover and less rebounds than Steele but you said they played well. Oh yeah, and their top scorer scored 3 points. Sounds like neither team played well. But that is your opinion and I can just go off of what the radio said. Wasn't there exactly 6:44 seconds when HMB guard fouled out and left them shorted handed. But they played well. I guess that is your opinion. Maybe someone else that actually paid attention to the game would know more. I say the meet up again in Region Championship and Steele wins again.  HMB is just to young. Have to be listening to the radio. Thanks KSJB

Well Watcher 007 let me explain myself. I don't know how you take the saying "well" but I consider "well" to mean about average. I think good and great come before that. Let me clearify that. To me you either play terrible, bad, well, good, or great. Steele played between terrible and bad, and HMB played well. Second off, I don't want to sound like I'm taking anything away from HMB because I'm not, they are a very good team, I'm not taking that away from them. As for you saying HMB's best player had 3 points, Scherr lead with 10. The reason I say Steele played bad is because besides Eckroth, everyone else did play bad. Fredrickson who is usually 15+ a game, had 2 points, Lindsey Sand who is usually 10+ and had 9, which isn't a drop off, but had way more turnovers then usual and didn't shoot well. Steele also shot 6-12 free throws. Heather Brindle who usually doesn't score more then a basket a game had 8 points that night, and didn't take more then 5 points. You are right, HMB didn't play good, but they broke Steele's press and got good looks. If Steele plays good, no one will beat them.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:20 pm

Also Eckroth fouled out about 2 mins after Sheets fouled out. And Eckroth was carrying Steele WAY more then Sheets was.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:49 am

I guess I need to come watch the games and not rely on the radio for my information. By the way, Eckroth fouled out with 2:12 left in the game. I guess someone struggles in Math.. lot longer than two minutes.

Anyways, good luck to both teams and hopefully the region tournament will just be as exciting. I will be listening.
Last edited by Watcher 007 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:04 am

baller01 wrote:Also Eckroth fouled out about 2 mins after Sheets fouled out. And Eckroth was carrying Steele WAY more then Sheets was.

Since we are going to be so precise on my math skills, if Eckroth fouled out at exactly 2:12 I believe Sheets fouled out at about 5:49. Sorry I guess next time I'll try to be exact. 

5:49
-
  2:12
----------
  3:37

I was off by a minute 37, excuse me.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:13 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:Lisbon is 6-7 right now, and in the middle of a bad district 1 (other then Hankinson)  They have a good chance of getting out of the district, but I don't think any of the 2-3-4 seeds in District 1 have got a shot in the regionals.  They are young and may get better in the future, but not this year. 

I stand corrected on Lisbon.  They will be battling Fairmont-CT for the District 1 championship tonight.  Even though their offense is nonexistent some games, you can't discredit their defense.  They upset Hankinson last night, (which ended Hankinsons back to back district 1 title run) Coach Brad Bittner always seems to have his teams ready in tournament time, and no matter how ugly it sometimes looks in the regular season, they play very well in the postseason.  I still say that any team in District 2 may be favored in the first round of the Region 1 tourney.  Just to much firepower from those teams. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:19 am

Watcher 007 - What is your opinion of LMM? Why don't you think they will make it to the Regional Finals?
pbhoopsters

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:30 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Lisbon is 6-7 right now, and in the middle of a bad district 1 (other then Hankinson)  They have a good chance of getting out of the district, but I don't think any of the 2-3-4 seeds in District 1 have got a shot in the regionals.  They are young and may get better in the future, but not this year. 

I stand corrected on Lisbon.  They will be battling Fairmont-CT for the District 1 championship tonight.  Even though their offense is nonexistent some games, you can't discredit their defense.  They upset Hankinson last night, (which ended Hankinsons back to back district 1 title run) Coach Brad Bittner always seems to have his teams ready in tournament time, and no matter how ugly it sometimes looks in the regular season, they play very well in the postseason.  I still say that any team in District 2 may be favored in the first round of the Region 1 tourney.  Just to much firepower from those teams. 

Lisbon has won 9 of there last 11 games i think.  They have alot of momentum going into the Region tounry.  I think they will be able to really suprise some people.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Watcher 007 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:15 am

Nobody said LMM can't make the Region finals. They way they are playing now, they should go to state out of Region 3.. Best of luck to them..
Last edited by Watcher 007 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Watcher 007 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:16 am

Lisbon is playing tough. Awesome to see good runs like that. Should be a fun regional tournament for them.. Best of luck..
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:24 pm

baller01 wrote:
Watcher 007 wrote:baller01, Steele did play bad but to say HMB played well, did you see the game. The radio said Steele shot 32 percent and HMB was 28percent. HMB had more turnover and less rebounds than Steele but you said they played well. Oh yeah, and their top scorer scored 3 points. Sounds like neither team played well. But that is your opinion and I can just go off of what the radio said. Wasn't there exactly 6:44 seconds when HMB guard fouled out and left them shorted handed. But they played well. I guess that is your opinion. Maybe someone else that actually paid attention to the game would know more. I say the meet up again in Region Championship and Steele wins again.  HMB is just to young. Have to be listening to the radio. Thanks KSJB

Well Watcher 007 let me explain myself. I don't know how you take the saying "well" but I consider "well" to mean about average. I think good and great come before that. Let me clearify that. To me you either play terrible, bad, well, good, or great. Steele played between terrible and bad, and HMB played well. Second off, I don't want to sound like I'm taking anything away from HMB because I'm not, they are a very good team, I'm not taking that away from them. As for you saying HMB's best player had 3 points, Scherr lead with 10. The reason I say Steele played bad is because besides Eckroth, everyone else did play bad. Fredrickson who is usually 15+ a game, had 2 points, Lindsey Sand who is usually 10+ and had 9, which isn't a drop off, but had way more turnovers then usual and didn't shoot well. Steele also shot 6-12 free throws. Heather Brindle who usually doesn't score more then a basket a game had 8 points that night, and didn't take more then 5 points. You are right, HMB didn't play good, but they broke Steele's press and got good looks. If Steele plays good, no one will beat them.

Watcher OO7 I thought you expect to see Steele and HMB in the Region 3 Final. I am confused on why you do not have LMM in the finals.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:49 am

Sorry, I meant to put if they meet up again in the region championship game.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndtaterman » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Last edited by ndtaterman on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bob_Holiday » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:30 am

I was just on Steele -Dawsons web site.  It looks like their program is sky high.  Their varsity and JV teams were a combined 38-1 this year with the lone loss to #1 New Salem at New Salem.  Look out for the Lady Pirates.
Bob_Holiday
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:06 am

I tell you what, the more I watch the Tigers the more and more I think they might give Steele a run for their money. I still think Steele wins but if HMB can limit turnovers, and shoot the ball well, I gotta think that HMB will be right there.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:11 am

Well, guess you will have to wait and watch them play next year since LMM beat them. I don't think LMM will beat SD though tonight, but it should be a good game.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls