2023-2024 State Class B Girls Basketball Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2023-2024 State Class B Girls Basketball Tournament

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:57 am

Would have loved to be able to watch the Class B games last night, but don't know many people who get WDAY2. Didn't mind watching the Class A games as they were both good as well. Think it's a joke that Class B semifinals are now this afternoon. Should be a great atmosphere in that gym for 2 very important games (sarcasm), but of course the lowest division always gets the shaft. I hope NDHSAA changes their thinking for next season or at the very least the next TV contract and finds a way to televise both tournaments on different stations.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:24 am

I heard that it was 15 dollars per session for a General Admission ticket. That's wild.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:52 am

The Schwab wrote:I heard that it was 15 dollars per session for a General Admission ticket. That's wild.

State play-in games were $15 for adults and $5 for students. Nice to see they kept the students low, but $15 was a bit steep for me, too. Regions were $10 and $5 which is acceptable.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:22 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I heard that it was 15 dollars per session for a General Admission ticket. That's wild.

State play-in games were $15 for adults and $5 for students. Nice to see they kept the students low, but $15 was a bit steep for me, too. Regions were $10 and $5 which is acceptable.

I could see 15 for the play-in games if that got you into all 4 games.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:25 am

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

It did
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:48 pm

Sadly, cause I don't like promoting it but..., $19.99 for a month subscription to WDAY+ is actually sounding pretty fair as that would get you all state tourney games from now until boys A/B are done (plus the other content available).
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:52 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Yes, it did get you in to all 4, but I'm certain very few people stayed all day. They had them spaced out at 1, 3, 5 and 7pm to allow for fans on the court, pictures, etc in between games. That made it a pretty long day and most fans left after their team played. All in all, not too bad for admission but would like to see it a bit more affordable as those games are held in two locations across the state and is a long drive for many fans as well. Either that or hold it in an excellent venue such as the SHAC or Betty with very comfortable seating. I'd gladly pay a bit more to watch the games in that case.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:52 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Yes, it did get you in to all 4, but I'm certain very few people stayed all day. They had them spaced out at 1, 3, 5 and 7pm to allow for fans on the court, pictures, etc in between games. That made it a pretty long day and most fans left after their team played. All in all, not too bad for admission but would like to see it a bit more affordable as those games are held in two locations across the state and is a long drive for many fans as well. Either that or hold it in an excellent venue such as the SHAC or Betty with very comfortable seating. I'd gladly pay a bit more to watch the games in that case.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby aNDkid91 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:15 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Would have loved to be able to watch the Class B games last night, but don't know many people who get WDAY2. Didn't mind watching the Class A games as they were both good as well. Think it's a joke that Class B semifinals are now this afternoon. Should be a great atmosphere in that gym for 2 very important games (sarcasm), but of course the lowest division always gets the shaft. I hope NDHSAA changes their thinking for next season or at the very least the next TV contract and finds a way to televise both tournaments on different stations.

I completely agree with you!! It’s just sad that NDHSAA switched the schedule of the tournament around just so the semifinals would be broadcast. Having two separate stations broadcast the tournaments would allow them to keep the schedule the way it should be.
aNDkid91
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls