Top Teams in 23-24

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Teams in 23-24

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:03 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Big game tonight with MPCG visiting Benson County. Top two teams in District 4 with the winner getting #1 seed. BC has won 9 in a row with the Patriots coming off their first loss of the season to Class A Thompson. Has a chance to be a great game.

I'm not surprised by the score. MPCG isn't going to turn it over and their youngest starter is two years older than BC's oldest starter.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Top Teams in 23-24

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:24 am

Flip wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Big game tonight with MPCG visiting Benson County. Top two teams in District 4 with the winner getting #1 seed. BC has won 9 in a row with the Patriots coming off their first loss of the season to Class A Thompson. Has a chance to be a great game.

I'm not surprised by the score. MPCG isn't going to turn it over and their youngest starter is two years older than BC's oldest starter.

Actually, BC defense forced MPCG to turn it over quite a bit, probably a lot more than they usually do. I don't have any stats, but MPCG probably had 20 turnovers last night. BC struggled to score against MPCG defensive quickness. They have speed at all 5 positions, even when they play 7-8 deep. They are all also fundamentally sound and disciplined on both ends of the court. Fun to see them in person last night and a good learning experience for a young BC team.

Too bad we don't get to see a regular season matchup with MPCG and Langdon. If they meet in the region tourney, that should be a great game. MPCG vs Carrington to end the season should be a nice test for them too.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls