Class B Girls All-State

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class B Girls All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:03 pm

FIRST TEAM
Abby Duchscherer, Kindred
Ellie Braaten, Westhope-Newburg
Ivy Fox, Parshall
Hailey Quam, Shiloh Christian
Ezura Rainbow, Four Winds-Minnewaukan

SECOND TEAM
Walker Demers, Grafton
Terryn Johnson, Kindred
Kya Mauch, Hankinson
Lorelei McIver, Glenburn
Quinn Neppl, Benson County
JayCee Richter, Linton-HMB
Megan Roob, Richland
Brenna Stroklund, Kenmare
Allison Undlin, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood
Madi Wilhelmi, Beach
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Class B Girls All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:05 pm

Solid group of athletes BUT my main question regarding this list is how your 2021-2022 Ms. Basketball winner wasn't a unanimous first teamer?!? What five players are ahead of her that a voter left her off?

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:40 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Solid group of athletes BUT my main question regarding this list is how your 2021-2022 Ms. Basketball winner wasn't a unanimous first teamer?!? What five players are ahead of her that a voter left her off?

Someone left her off last year too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:51 am

My biggest suprise was seeing Demers on the second team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:00 am

How does Neppl compare to the older Schwanke? I know you were surprised back then that she didn't make it.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:12 am

WalkingStick wrote:Solid group of athletes BUT my main question regarding this list is how your 2021-2022 Ms. Basketball winner wasn't a unanimous first teamer?!? What five players are ahead of her that a voter left her off?

Politics or jealousy would be my guess. Some voter(s) were mad at her for consistently beating their team or they heard something from an opposing coach or player. Just a guess on my part. I cannot see a single reason for not voting for the Ms Basketball winner to be a 1st team all stater.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:13 am

Flip wrote:How does Neppl compare to the older Schwanke? I know you were surprised back then that she didn't make it.

Very similar talent and stats-wise. Neppl passed Schwanke as the all-time leader scorer for Benson County late in the season. Teams had similar success as well. Schwanke should have been a second team all-stater her senior season.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Sports Fan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:19 am

How on earth is Deconte Smith form Central Cass left of BOTH teams? How is Walker Demers NOT a 1st teamer?
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:23 am

ND Sports Fan wrote:How on earth is Deconte Smith form Central Cass left of BOTH teams? How is Walker Demers NOT a 1st teamer?

With anyone from Central Cass...I wonder 1. how the stats looked as they were all so balanced?, 2. How many games were so out of control that she didn't even play half the game?

Demers shocked me. Duchscherer, Fox & Braaten were probably the 3 for me that are where they belong...Demers should have been 1st team and then it would be between Quam & Rainbow. I wonder how close that vote was?

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:52 pm

I think a lot of arguments could be made for a lot of players. I personally was surprised that Abby Duchscherer was not a unanimous first team all state pick. I can not fathom how Walker Demers wasn't a first team selection. There have been discussions in the past about team success for first team all state selections. I'm not sure if a team finishes below .500 in a weak region that they have a first team all state player. I would be curious to see some of the shooting percentages to go with stats.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:29 pm

scc wrote:
ND Sports Fan wrote:How on earth is Deconte Smith form Central Cass left of BOTH teams? How is Walker Demers NOT a 1st teamer?

Of the 15 all-staters, four of them came from Region 1.

What does that have to do with anything?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls