Class B Player of the Year

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class B Player of the Year

Postby vikingman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:07 pm

Who is in the running for this award this year? Is it pretty much assumed it's going to be Duchscherer?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: Class B Player of the Year

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:18 pm

Top seniors…could be missing someone and obviously I have multiples for some regions (1 & 4)

Abby Duchscherer, Kindred
Terryn Johnson, Kindred
Myona Dauphinais, FW-M
Danielle Hagler, North Star
Sweet Cedar Perkins, Garrison
Bailee Pierce, Hettinger-Scranton
Morgan Freije, Langdon/EM
Jaycee Richter, Linton-HMB
Megan Roob, Richland
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:20 pm

could someone from these teams put up some stats for their players?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:27 am

Neppl at BC is also a very good player in R4. She and Hagler are both great players on both ends of the floor. I haven't seen Dauphinais or Freije play enough.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 am

Neppl is the best player i have seen this year, works hard and and is good at every part of the game
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:37 am

Sweet Cedar Perkins should win it just based on her name alone!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:21 am

Flip wrote:Neppl at BC is also a very good player in R4. She and Hagler are both great players on both ends of the floor. I haven't seen Dauphinais or Freije play enough.

Region 4 is loaded with exceptional seniors this year. All 4 of these should be all-state without question plus Rainbow for FWM. For SPOY I think it comes down to Freije and Dauphinais or Rainbow for FWM. Freije has the press from years of being in the state tourney, but if FWM can break through this season I feel one of them could get SPOY. Tough for Neppl and Hagler to earn it with all the success FWM and LAEM have had over the last few years even tho they are both deserving as well.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsnut5 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:00 am

I would say Bailee Pierce from Hettinger-Scranton is not in the Player of the Year running, as there are some tremendous athletes and players in the running for that award, but she is definitely an all-state player. She is averaging 15.7 points and 7 rebounds a game facing a chaser, junk defense, almost every night. She is currently shooting 47% from the 3 point line going 53 of 111 from beyond the arc and has a 4 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. She is a 4 year starter that has a Region 7 team record of 44-3 in those 3+ seasons.
She is the leader of a very young and inexperienced Night Hawk team that is currently 11-3 on the season. Region 7 does not have a powerhouse team this year, Bowman County may be trending to that level, but has 8 teams that I would say are above average. There are very few easy nights in Region 7 games.
sportsnut5
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Abby D likely won't finish with the huge stat lines as she's had in other years, but Kindred is much more balanced than in previous years and they don't rely on her as much as in year's past. They are a much better team because of it, and if they can get by CC they are going to be tough at state.

Abby D has put together a very impressive career at Kindred and IMO is the top class B girl in ND, and she has been for the last couple of years.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls