General GBB Discussion

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: General GBB Discussion

Postby Flip » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:51 am

Should be some good games tonight.
Cavalier at MPCGFS
Central Cass at Thompson
Northern Cass at EKM
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:28 pm

Flip wrote:Should be some good games tonight.
Cavalier at MPCGFS
Central Cass at Thompson
Northern Cass at EKM

Cavalier was up at half and then MPCGFS scored 49 points in the 2nd half to win by 16.
Thompson beat CC.
NC beat EKM by 25.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby muley14 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:24 pm

Does anyone have any insight on the Carrington - FWM game? Or those teams in general? I didn't expect that game to be as close as it was.
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:59 pm

Maple River beat MPCG by 5. I watched most of the 3rd and 4th quarters. Did Zerface play? I know she wasn't in at the end.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:45 am

Northern Cass beat Grafton decisively on Tuesday this week. Weird last minute of the game. Northern Cass emptied their bench and got the backups in as they were up 20. Grafton kept their starters in and pressed the Northern Cass backups and picked up a few cheap baskets to trim the deficit to 14. Old habits die hard, I guess. NC got 67 out of the Crockett girls.. Might be the year for Northern Cass to get to a state tournament. They're playing well.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballernd » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:51 pm

I guess I was watching a different game and didn't think they won decisively. 2nd Half yes, but 1st half no. Helped that NC shot lights out the 2nd half and pulled away. I thought it was weird that NC was still shooting 3's with a couple minutes to go up by 20!!
Don't get me wrong funny seeing Grafton drop down to earth and losing.
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:49 pm

ballernd wrote:I guess I was watching a different game and didn't think they won decisively. 2nd Half yes, but 1st half no. Helped that NC shot lights out the 2nd half and pulled away. I thought it was weird that NC was still shooting 3's with a couple minutes to go up by 20!!

It'd be a different story if Walker Demers wasn't on South Dakota's Roster and still playing for Grafton
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 pm

I had thought maybe the preseason polls had put too much stock in CC, and after a couple of early losses I thought I was vindicated. But CC definitely made a statement in the past 3 days. It will be interesting to see how many steps they go up in the polls next week. (it's crazy how good this program's AI is in guessing what I'm planning on typing next)
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:06 am

ballernd wrote:I guess I was watching a different game and didn't think they won decisively. 2nd Half yes, but 1st half no. Helped that NC shot lights out the 2nd half and pulled away. I thought it was weird that NC was still shooting 3's with a couple minutes to go up by 20!!

I didn't see it, but it doesn't surprise me. Those girls love to score.

I'm curious how they do vs the other top team in the region (MPCG, Cavalier, HN). Granted they have five losses, but they are all vs very good teams. Give them some credit for scheduling a monster schedule. We're a week into January and HN finally played their first real test. Looks like it didn't go that well. I don't understand why they don't challenge themselves even a little.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:11 am

vikingman wrote:I had thought maybe the preseason polls had put too much stock in CC, and after a couple of early losses I thought I was vindicated. But CC definitely made a statement in the past 3 days. It will be interesting to see how many steps they go up in the polls next week. (it's crazy how good this program's AI is in guessing what I'm planning on typing next)

I didn't know just how good they would be because they finally graduated a few girls last season, but they really seem to be rolling now. Smith is a completely different level of an athlete compared to anyone I've seen. There may be a couple of girls that can handle her speed, but when you add her size and strength...well there is no one to compare her to.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:49 pm

CC lead from wire to wire in a hard faught game.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:21 pm

Thompson over Kindred 65-31. It was 44-12 at the half.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:13 pm

This is your State Tournament. Who are you picking?

R1 CC
R2 Thompson
R3 Carrington
R4 Langdon
R5 Shiloh
R6 Rugby
R7 Bowman County
R8 Kenmare
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Flip wrote:This is your State Tournament. Who are you picking?

R1 CC
R2 Thompson
R3 Carrington
R4 Langdon
R5 Shiloh
R6 Rugby
R7 Bowman County
R8 Kenmare

The way they are playing right now - CC. we will see how injuries, etc.... play out, but based on the season they have had so far I have to go with CC.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:21 pm

Next week Kenmare will get a pre-state feel
Thursday - Host Garrison
Friday - Carrington @ Bismarck State
Saturday - Kindred @ Univ. of Jamestown

We will see if they belong in the Top 3 after this week

Carrington also plays at Central Cass on Thursday
May-Port-CG goes to Thompson on Thursday
Northern Cass goes to Kindred on Thursday

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby east sider » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:37 pm

Flip wrote:
vikingman wrote:I had thought maybe the preseason polls had put too much stock in CC, and after a couple of early losses I thought I was vindicated. But CC definitely made a statement in the past 3 days. It will be interesting to see how many steps they go up in the polls next week. (it's crazy how good this program's AI is in guessing what I'm planning on typing next)

I didn't know just how good they would be because they finally graduated a few girls last season, but they really seem to be rolling now. Smith is a completely different level of an athlete compared to anyone I've seen. There may be a couple of girls that can handle her speed, but when you add her size and strength...well there is no one to compare her to.

Smith has stepped up on the offensive side this year, she's always been a game changer on defense. Almost a lock for 1st Team at this point. She is so aggressive on defense that if a team can protect the ball well like N. Cass, she might get into foul trouble like she did last year in regionals. Older Crockett does not back down to her physically so it is a lot of fun to watch when they match up. CC ball movement was excellent against N. Cass and had them on their heels most of the time.

N. Cass should actually feel good about the CC outcome. They hung with them despite getting out-rebounded by a large margin, bet they gave up 10 offensive rebounds in Q1 alone. If they change that stat in regionals it should be another great game like last year. I'm sticking with N. Cass to go to state.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:43 pm

With a 59 seconds left in the game between northern Cass and kindred last night, there was a foul called where northern Cass shot three free throws and got possession. What was that call all about?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:14 pm

leroybla wrote:With a 59 seconds left in the game between northern Cass and kindred last night, there was a foul called where northern Cass shot three free throws and got possession. What was that call all about?

Kindred made a layup and was fouled...and then NC's bench got a Technical. Therefore, they shot the and-1 FT and the Tech FTs and then because of the Technical; Kindred got the ball back

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:19 am

Is Kenmare battling some injuries? I was pretty surprised to see them lose to Kindred and now they lost to Stanley.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby yellowjacket » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:26 am

Zimmer has been out last two games I believe? Not sure on the details.
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:58 pm

Flip wrote:Is Kenmare battling some injuries? I was pretty surprised to see them lose to Kindred and now they lost to Stanley.

Injury to PG and team leader...they are hopeful she could come back later but nothing is set in stone. Happened against Garrison...tried to play vs Carrington (didn't play much)...didn't play vs Kindred & Stanley.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:34 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
Flip wrote:Is Kenmare battling some injuries? I was pretty surprised to see them lose to Kindred and now they lost to Stanley.

Injury to PG and team leader...they are hopeful she could come back later but nothing is set in stone. Happened against Garrison...tried to play vs Carrington (didn't play much)...didn't play vs Kindred & Stanley.

She was the one that was injured last year too? I thought ACL.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:56 pm

Flip wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

She was the one that was injured last year too? I thought ACL.

Sounds like fear is that it’s the ACL again

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:24 pm

Flip wrote:

I didn't see it, but it doesn't surprise me. Those girls love to score.

I'm curious how they do vs the other top team in the region (MPCG, Cavalier, HN). Granted they have five losses, but they are all vs very good teams. Give them some credit for scheduling a monster schedule. We're a week into January and HN finally played their first real test. Looks like it didn't go that well. I don't understand why they don't challenge themselves even a little.

Doesn’t help that they have to play poor region teams twice like HCV and Larimore…could have only played them once and gain two games to play competitive teams that would help them out.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballernd » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:13 pm

Grafton vs May-Port CG tomorrow night, should be a decent game in Region 2.
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Girls