Hoopster Preseason Top 40

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hoopster Preseason Top 40

Postby ballernd » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Waiting to get my book in the mail. Who does the Hoopster have for their top 40 teams this seaseon?
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hoopster Preseason Top 40

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Not certain but one would think that Central Cass & Kindred have to be in the Top 5.

I am very interested to see the Top 20 for sure
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:25 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Not certain but one would think that Central Cass & Kindred have to be in the Top 5.

I am very interested to see the Top 20 for sure

Should be 1 and 2. Grafton should be 3 IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby muley14 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:55 pm

I'm guessing that CC, Kindred, Langdon, Kenmare and Grafton are in the preseason top 5.

CC and Kindred and the easy 1,2 picks both return everything and CC is 1 because they won the last two meetings. I think Langdon and Kenmare return almost everything from last year. Grafton is a bit of a wild card, they easily lost the most but the cupboard isn't bare and there is a great program there. Find good guard play and they will be tough.

Interesting schedules, all of these 5 play against at least 3 of the other 4. CC doesn't play Langdon and the others don't play Kenmare.
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:04 pm

muley14 wrote:I'm guessing that CC, Kindred, Langdon, Kenmare and Grafton are in the preseason top 5.

CC and Kindred and the easy 1,2 picks both return everything and CC is 1 because they won the last two meetings. I think Langdon and Kenmare return almost everything from last year. Grafton is a bit of a wild card, they easily lost the most but the cupboard isn't bare and there is a great program there. Find good guard play and they will be tough.

Interesting schedules, all of these 5 play against at least 3 of the other 4. CC doesn't play Langdon and the others don't play Kenmare.

Kenmare is 6, Langdon is 11.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Langdon lost two girls that started on their state championship team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:04 pm

packers21 wrote:
muley14 wrote:I'm guessing that CC, Kindred, Langdon, Kenmare and Grafton are in the preseason top 5.

Kenmare is 6, Langdon is 11.

Do you have the full list?

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Cc
Kin
Graft
LHMB
Beulah
Kenmare
4 Winds
Thom
SC
Rugby
Lang
WW
LLM
MLS
Bowman
Carrington
NC
Trenton
Richland
Cav
Dunseith
ORCS
Glenburn
HR
HN
KIDDER
Harrison
Nelson CTY
Grant CTY
Mott
Parshall
MPCG
OAKES
beach
Bottineau
Stanley
Central McLean
Lisbon
PL
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Thanks

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:34 pm

MPCG is in the top 40, but they were picked 9th in R2. That makes no sense. I think MPCG will be in either 2 or 3 in R2.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Flip wrote:MPCG is in the top 40, but they were picked 9th in R2. That makes no sense. I think MPCG will be in either 2 or 3 in R2.

I think it actually does make sense. They were ranked 9th in the region because the coaches do the ranking in the spring. Since then MPCG has added a few girls from FSHP that will dramatically change the team. I'm pretty sure that is the reason for the jump into the top 40.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:29 pm

d_fense wrote:
Flip wrote:MPCG is in the top 40, but they were picked 9th in R2. That makes no sense. I think MPCG will be in either 2 or 3 in R2.

I think it actually does make sense. They were ranked 9th in the region because the coaches do the ranking in the spring. Since then MPCG has added a few girls from FSHP that will dramatically change the team. I'm pretty sure that is the reason for the jump into the top 40.

Have to disagree. With MPCG losing one player off last year's team, I have a heck of a time trying to think of eight teams who could possibly be ahead of them.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:09 pm

I agree with Big Blue. Their two best players last year were freshmen. They were an up-and-coming team before the addition of the FS girls. They finished 6th last year. There is no guarantee they catch Grafton, Thompson, HN, or Cavalier, but they were going to catch MM.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Flip wrote:I agree with Big Blue. Their two best players last year were freshmen. They were an up-and-coming team before the addition of the FS girls. They finished 6th last year. There is no guarantee they catch Grafton, Thompson, HN, or Cavalier, but they were going to catch MM.

Could simply be a typo...we know the Hoopster has had many of those in the past.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls