FLPR

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby zxqw11 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:19 pm

biggest underdog in region 2
zxqw11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:12 am

FLPR is pretty tough. they will be a team to look out for. they'll be tested in 3 of the next 4 games. they play undefeated Drayton-St. Thomas, then Midway-Minto and Adams-Edmore who i believe are both ranked in state. does anyone know how they'll match up in those games?
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:20 pm

Drayton/St Thomas 75, FLPR- 71.

My guess for district finish at this point.

1. M-M

2. D/St T

3. FLPR
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:45 am

i think FL-PR is better than the game they played last night. i wasn't there but my guess is that they were a bit rusty from the 3 weeks off since the last game they played, while D/ST, on the other hand, has had a least a couple of game since FL-PR last game. here are my picks for the seedings at the beginning of districts

1. Drayton-St. Thomas
2. Midway-Minto
3. FL-PR
4. Cavalier
5. Grafton
6. North Border
7. Valley Edinburg
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 am

Just saw the box score. Sammy Baldwin went for 36! She is definately making a case for herself as the best player in Region 2. Erickson put up 25 for FL/PR. What I cant understand is why D/ST. T has not gotten much respect in the poll this year or last year. They werent even receiving votes a couple weeks ago even with huge wins over teams.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:31 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:i think FL-PR is better than the game they played last night. i wasn't there but my guess is that they were a bit rusty from the 3 weeks off since the last game they played, while D/ST, on the other hand, has had a least a couple of game since FL-PR last game. here are my picks for the seedings at the beginning of districts

1. Drayton-St. Thomas
2. Midway-Minto
3. FL-PR
4. Cavalier
5. Grafton
6. North Border
7. Valley Edinburg

I talked to a couple of people that were at the M-M at D/St T game last week and they said the Mustangs shot by far the worst they had all year. If they had made even half of the gimmies they created underneath they would have won by ten. But they ended up down by a couple late and Baldwin made every free throw. They play again in a little over a week in Minto. Should be a packed house. We will see what hapens.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:29 pm

i'm just estimating... i'm not 100% sure but D/ST.T can win the district even if they lose to M-M as long as they beat the other district teams they play (which they are head and shoulders above). the point system gives them a lead over M-M and FLPR who are yet to play.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 pm

If M-M beats D/St T next week and also wins against FLPR then there would be a tie with the points system and both teams will be 1 and 1 against each other. So i do not know what the tie break is beyond head to head. Coin flip???
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:19 am

the only other tie-breakers i can think of are point differential and common opponent... but that would be an interesting scenario if there was a tie with the head-to-head match up being split.
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby ndfootball06 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:59 am

so after cavalier beat dst, and flpr beat m/m, what are things looking like?
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:57 am

it looks like a mess if you ask me. a lot of things have changed. show you as of right now
                                              Conference Pts.
Drayton-St. Thomas                      7-1
FLPR                                              4-2
M-M                                               5-3

FLPR has 3 district games left and i think they are all worth 2 pts each
M-M also has 3 district games left. 2 are worth 1 pt each (1 of the those games against D-ST) and one game worth 2 pts.
D-ST has 4 district games left all worth 1 pt each

even if D-ST loses to M-M they would take first barring another upset. this race could be decided by a spoiler (speaking of spoilers... grafton has a good chance of being that team with Katie Houdek back)

if anyone has any corrections... let me know. i could be wrong on this one.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:02 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:it looks like a mess if you ask me. a lot of things have changed. show you as of right now
                                              Conference Pts.
Drayton-St. Thomas                      7-1
FLPR                                              4-2
M-M                                               5-3

FLPR has 3 district games left and i think they are all worth 2 pts each
M-M also has 3 district games left. 2 are worth 1 pt each (1 of the those games against D-ST) and one game worth 2 pts.
D-ST has 4 district games left all worth 1 pt each

even if D-ST loses to M-M they would take first barring another upset. this race could be decided by a spoiler (speaking of spoilers... grafton has a good chance of being that team with Katie Houdek back)

if anyone has any corrections... let me know. i could be wrong on this one.

Speaking of Spoilers they took Cavalier behind the wood shed tonight by 21 points, 57-36. Just a week after Cavalier did the same thing to leader D/St T. Crazy district.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:16 am

Look out for Grafton! Houdek must be coming on strong!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 pm

the game that could've changed the standings was played tonight. FLPR beat Grafton. looks like D-ST has first, FLPR has second, and M-M has third. but they're all still very quality teams. i see FLPR and M-M in the district championship game.
thesports_guy32

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:23 am

You're probably right.  I just saw Jodi Galagher for D-ST went for 24, she had 20 a few nights ago.  If she can provide that 2nd go-to person for them, I put them ahead of FL-PR.  They (D-ST) play Cavalier later this week, we'll see if they can avenge the big loss a couple weeks ago.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 am

she had 24 in a 40 pt win against north border who does not play very good defense... especially in the post where they lack height. anyone taller than 5'9 that's worth their salt can score 20+ against north border. come tournament time she won't be doing that... she might get 10 a game but that's it.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Definately something that is worth noting. M-M's season is progressing along very eriely similar to last seaon. They lost the second game of the year in both seasons. They lost their first meeting against D/St T the same calendar week as last year. And they lost to FL/PR  in OT the same calendar week as they lost to Thompson last year by like 1 point. The only difference is they had one more quality opponent this year compared to last year in defeating A-E last weekend. Definately something to consider when making predictions.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:56 am

Good point.  M-M is like the Patriots in football- experience and success in big games.  The Colts(FLPR & D-ST) will have to show they can handle the pressure.  Nobody really sticks out stats-wise for M-M, but with all the pieces they make a great team-and win!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls