Poll Discussion

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Poll Discussion

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 pm

I haven't seen a full game from any of the 3. I would say that they are all pretty solid teams, I don't know if I would say they are all top 8 teams in the state, but I guess they are who their record says they are. I would say the 5 top teams in the state would be CC, Kindred, Grafton, Linton-HMB and Thompson. After that I would say teams 6-20 are probably pretty balanced and could beat up on each other. Those top 5 teams also play pretty darn tough schedules.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Flip wrote:SIXTH POLL
Monday, January 18th

1. Central Cass (22) 9-0 220
2. Grafton 8-1 177
3. Kindred 9-2 176
4. Linton-HMB 9-1 158
5. Glenburn 10-0 112
6. Kenmare 11-0 107
7. Thompson 9-1 91
8. Wilton-Wing 10-0 85
9. Oakes 7-0 28
10. Langdon/Edmore/Munich 9-3 23
Others Receiving Votes (RV): Kidder County (7-1), Carrington (7-3), Center-Stanton (9-1), Northern Cass (6-2), Velva (8-2), Beulah (8-2), Trenton (6-2).
Glenburn, Kenmare, and Wilton-Wing any thoughts on how good those teams are?

Kenmare - Region 8 favorites
Glenburn - Not 100% sure but they've slayed the top teams in the region so far
W-W - driven by Quam; Region 5 is weak so it should be interesting to see how they match up with Shiloh (originally scheduled game was canceled earlier this year).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Monday, January 18th

2. Grafton 8-1 177
3. Kindred 9-2 176
4. Linton-HMB 9-1 158
5. Glenburn 10-0 112
6. Kenmare 11-0 107
7. Thompson 9-1 91
8. Wilton-Wing 10-0 85
9. Oakes 7-0 28
Others Receiving Votes (RV): Kidder County (7-1), Carrington (7-3), Center-Stanton (9-1), Northern Cass (6-2), Velva (8-2), Beulah (8-2), Trenton (6-2).

W-W - driven by Quam; Region 5 is weak so it should be interesting to see how they match up with Shiloh (originally scheduled game was canceled earlier this year).

Linton plays Central Cass tonight & Grafton plays Thompson, couple games there to stream.

IMO after looking at some of these teams schedules, Kenmare & Glenburn should not be in there, & Wilton won't be challenged until Feb 6th when they face Linton.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby muley14 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:39 am

I think the top 3 are definitely the top 3. Kindred/Grafton play on Saturday, the loser stays in the top 3 but I think Grafton controls that game. My next group would be Linton and Thompson.

Glenburn, Kenmare and Wilton-Wing are tough because they are relatively unknown and haven't played great schedules. They are winning their games though. I thinks Oakes is high, light schedule and winning their games but I feel I have a little better grasp on their opponents.

Carrington, Langdon, Northern Cass and Kidder County would round out my group.
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:41 pm

muley14 wrote:I think the top 3 are definitely the top 3. Kindred/Grafton play on Saturday, the loser stays in the top 3 but I think Grafton controls that game. My next group would be Linton and Thompson.

Glenburn, Kenmare and Wilton-Wing are tough because they are relatively unknown and haven't played great schedules. They are winning their games though. I thinks Oakes is high, light schedule and winning their games but I feel I have a little better grasp on their opponents.

Carrington, Langdon, Northern Cass and Kidder County would round out my group.

I agree that the top three are correct but I'll go against you on your Saturday pick. I'll go with Kindred over Grafton. Should be a good game!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:56 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Monday, January 18th

2. Grafton 8-1 177
3. Kindred 9-2 176
4. Linton-HMB 9-1 158
5. Glenburn 10-0 112
6. Kenmare 11-0 107
7. Thompson 9-1 91
8. Wilton-Wing 10-0 85
9. Oakes 7-0 28

Linton plays Central Cass tonight & Grafton plays Thompson, couple games there to stream.

IMO after looking at some of these teams schedules, Kenmare & Glenburn should not be in there, & Wilton won't be challenged until Feb 6th when they face Linton.

EIGHTH POLL
Monday, February 1st

1. Central Cass (23) 13-0 239
2. Kindred 11-3 201
3. Grafton (1) 12-2 184
4. Kenmare 16-0 170
5. Linton-HMB 13-2 141
6. Wilton-Wing 15-0 132
7. Thompson 12-2 86
8. Langdon/Edmore/Munich 13-3 49
9. Glenburn 14-2 48
10. Carrington 12-3 36
Others Receiving Votes (RV): Oakes (12-1), Kidder County (12-2), Trenton (11-2), Hettinger-Scranton (12-3).

Interesting to see what or if anything changes in the next couple weeks.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am

W-W will likely fall out after being dominated by Kidder County (50-30) last night and Linton-HMB is vastly better as well...but with that said - Region 5 will come down to Shiloh & W-W.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:W-W will likely fall out after being dominated by Kidder County (50-30) last night and Linton-HMB is vastly better as well...but with that said - Region 5 will come down to Shiloh & W-W.

I don't think they fall all the way out of the poll with just one loss, even if it was a blowout. Langdon lost again, but with their recent success they probably still stay in the poll even though I don't believe they are a top 10 team this year. Carrington also lost this week.

I see Langdon and Carrington dropping out of the top 10 with Kidder Co moving in to 8 or so and W-W at 9 or 10.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:38 pm

They play a better Linton team this weekend...my guess is W-W will still receive votes but won’t be top 10 after this week. My guess would be Linton by 30
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:01 pm

My rankings of the top 15 girls teams:

1. Central Cass
2. Kindred
3. Grafton
4. Linton HMB
5. Thompson
6. Kenmare
7. Kidder County
8. Hettinger-Scranton
9. Carrington
10. Langdon
11. Wilton Wing
12. Oakes
13. Bismarck Shiloh Christian
14. Glenburn
15. Center Stanton

The top 3 are a tier all by themselves IMO, Linton is quite a bit higher than the rest and 5-25 is a crap shoot IMO
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PizzaRoll » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:W-W will likely fall out after being dominated by Kidder County (50-30) last night and Linton-HMB is vastly better as well...but with that said - Region 5 will come down to Shiloh & W-W.

73-68 LHMB wins, great game, back and and forth the whole game.
PizzaRoll
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:06 pm

As a District 10 fan, I would like Wilton-Wing or Center-Stanton to represent Region 5 at state. But the road to state runs through Shiloh. Prediction: Shiloh is still the safe pick to come out of Region 5.

But on the boys side of things, Even though Shiloh is the favorite. But I see Flasher or Garrison, slightly ahead of Shiloh. Central McLean is the dark horse.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:25 pm

The Schwab wrote:My rankings of the top 15 girls teams:

1. Central Cass
2. Kindred
3. Grafton
4. Linton HMB
5. Thompson
6. Kenmare
7. Kidder County
8. Hettinger-Scranton
9. Carrington
10. Langdon
11. Wilton Wing
12. Oakes
13. Bismarck Shiloh Christian
14. Glenburn
15. Center Stanton

The top 3 are a tier all by themselves IMO, Linton is quite a bit higher than the rest and 5-25 is a crap shoot IMO

I agree with you on the top 5. After that you have some competitive teams and teams that are over ranked because there isn't anyone else. Would be nice to see a Linton vs Thompson matchup but that won't happen this season unless lighting strikes at the R2 Tourney. I'm going for Grafton to win it all. CC is very young and Kindred has a strong Jr class so they will both be back battling it out next year.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:58 pm

I think your top 15 list is okay but more accurate list now would be out the 8 regions who do think will win each region. Many of the teams on your top 15 will never reach the state tournament because of other teams in their regions.
Region 1. Kindred vs Central Cass my guess is KIndred.
Region 2. Grafton vs. Thompson my guess is Grafton.
Region 3. Kidder County, Linton HMB, Oaks, and Carrington tough call here but i think Linton HMB
Region 4. Langdon/Edmore/Munich vs Fourwinds my call early was Langdon staying with it but not by much
Region 5. Wilton Wing, Center Stanton, and Shiloh toss up but picking Shiloh.
Region 6. Glenburn vs Rugby my pick going against odds Rugby to win it based on past history.
Region 7. Hettinger/ Scranton vs Beulah my guess is Hettinger/Scranton
Region 8. Kenmare vs Trenton Kenmare wins is my guess but Trenton may have one last run to state.

Now my ranking would go as follows Grafton, Kindred, Linton HMB, Rugby, Shiloh, Langdon, Kenmare, and Hettinger/Scranton . I think top two are solid picks but how they come out after that depends on seating and luck of the draw. I just think Grafton and Kindred are destined for state tournament championship game and Grafton just has the size and experience to win it all.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:06 am

I think Region 4 will be an interesting tournament. I believe this is the year Langdon's run will end. Not sure who will knock them off, but I see another team making state this year. Dunseith is probably the second best team in Dist 8. In Dist 7, FWM and BC have already beat Langdon. BC is a dark horse, going in to the district tourney as a 5 seed but having the best overall record in the region. They have struggled in the second game of back to backs, however, so it will be interesting to see how they do in the tournaments.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:I think your top 15 list is okay but more accurate list now would be out the 8 regions who do think will win each region. Many of the teams on your top 15 will never reach the state tournament because of other teams in their regions.
Region 3. Kidder County, Linton HMB, Oaks, and Carrington tough call here but i think Linton HMB
Region 4. Langdon/Edmore/Munich vs Fourwinds my call early was Langdon staying with it but not by much
Region 6. Glenburn vs Rugby my pick going against odds Rugby to win it based on past history.
Region 8. Kenmare vs Trenton Kenmare wins is my guess but Trenton may have one last run to state.

Now my ranking would go as follows Grafton, Kindred, Linton HMB, Rugby, Shiloh, Langdon, Kenmare, and Hettinger/Scranton . I think top two are solid picks but how they come out after that depends on seating and luck of the draw. I just think Grafton and Kindred are destined for state tournament championship game and Grafton just has the size and experience to win it all.

I wouldn't stick my neck out to make a pick from Region 1 since in a way that will be the State B title game. I'm pulling for Grafton also but it's due to the seniors and the way Grafton plays the game. I would like to see Grafton get revenge on CC for bumping them the first game of the year. After you pick your 8 teams it would be interesting to place their finish in the State B.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:36 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:I think your top 15 list is okay but more accurate list now would be out the 8 regions who do think will win each region. Many of the teams on your top 15 will never reach the state tournament because of other teams in their regions.

I wouldn't stick my neck out to make a pick from Region 1 since in a way that will be the State B title game. I'm pulling for Grafton also but it's due to the seniors and the way Grafton plays the game. I would like to see Grafton get revenge on CC for bumping them the first game of the year. After you pick your 8 teams it would be interesting to place their finish in the State B.

Would be nice to see a small town like Grafton finally break through and win it
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:43 am

packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

LOL
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 am

Ok, So using my list these teams will make the tournament:

1. Central Cass- Region 1
3. Grafton- Region 2
4. Linton HMB- Region 3
6. Kenmare- Region 8
8. Hettinger-Scranton- Region 7
10. Langdon- Region 4
11. Wilton Wing- Region 5
14. Glenburn- Region 6

This is how I would seed them, but I'm sure if these are the 8 teams that go to state seeding would be IMO
1. Central Cass
2. Grafton
3. Linton
4. Kenmare
5. Wilton-Wing
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:40 pm

ND lionsfan you could be correct on Langdon not reaching the state this year. I watched them other day on tv and what i could see is they have not gelled as team this year. I don't know the reason for this but it happens and you never quite can get handle on things like this on less your part of the process. There talent level of players they have o n this team is good but like i say they are still searching for putting it together but i kind a feel they still may do this once they get tournament time at least to reach state. I picked them to reach state because of this talent and size and when you get to tournament time especially from region on the game changes in that reffing usually lets players play especially on inside and Langdon is still biggest best on inside in this region. This is why i believe that Kindred and Grafton will reach the state tournament and will be favorites to state championship game. I may be all wrong here but last few state tournaments that has been the formula who has won the state tournament.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:02 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:ND lionsfan you could be correct on Langdon not reaching the state this year. I watched them other day on tv and what i could see is they have not gelled as team this year. I don't know the reason for this but it happens and you never quite can get handle on things like this on less your part of the process. There talent level of players they have o n this team is good but like i say they are still searching for putting it together but i kind a feel they still may do this once they get tournament time at least to reach state. I picked them to reach state because of this talent and size and when you get to tournament time especially from region on the game changes in that reffing usually lets players play especially on inside and Langdon is still biggest best on inside in this region. This is why i believe that Kindred and Grafton will reach the state tournament and will be favorites to state championship game. I may be all wrong here but last few state tournaments that has been the formula who has won the state tournament.

Kinda weird since Langdon/Edmore/Munich found a way to defeat Kindred early in the year as well. So the potential is there but it just hasn't come together...BUT maybe they'll get things turned around with quality district tourney play; they should be D8 favorites but R4 favorite might be FWM right now.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:14 am

packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

:lol: Agreed! I would really rather cheer for someone else, I'm just picking one out of the top three. I would love to see an upset and some little school get in there but I just don't see it happening this year.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:19 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:ND lionsfan you could be correct on Langdon not reaching the state this year. I watched them other day on tv and what i could see is they have not gelled as team this year. I don't know the reason for this but it happens and you never quite can get handle on things like this on less your part of the process. There talent level of players they have o n this team is good but like i say they are still searching for putting it together but i kind a feel they still may do this once they get tournament time at least to reach state. I picked them to reach state because of this talent and size and when you get to tournament time especially from region on the game changes in that reffing usually lets players play especially on inside and Langdon is still biggest best on inside in this region. This is why i believe that Kindred and Grafton will reach the state tournament and will be favorites to state championship game. I may be all wrong here but last few state tournaments that has been the formula who has won the state tournament.

Kinda weird since Langdon/Edmore/Munich found a way to defeat Kindred early in the year as well. So the potential is there but it just hasn't come together...BUT maybe they'll get things turned around with quality district tourney play; they should be D8 favorites but R4 favorite might be FWM right now.

I haven't watched that game but I was told it was chaos. Not sure if lighting struck or what happened but after watching a few Langdon games, they should NOT have beat Kindred. That feather needs to pulled from the hat.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

:lol: Agreed! I would really rather cheer for someone else, I'm just picking one out of the top three. I would love to see an upset and some little school get in there but I just don't see it happening this year.

Common fans are always more inclined to cheer for an underdog or small school. Grafton has been running up the score and humiliating their opponents all year. Everyone knows that they're good, and they should be. Enrollment, facilities, good coaching at every level. Of course they're good. Plenty of the teams they've been running up the score on have nowhere close to that kind of infrastructure in their program. Grafton's complete lack of self-awareness or "deal with it" attitude isn't sitting well among the rest of the Region. What goes around comes around and people won't forget about this if Grafton ever finds themselves in a "down year".
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Same with playing Kindred when they don't lay off the press. When your up 20-30pts you don't have to keep twisting the knife. I have a funny feeling after next year Kindred might find themselves on the other end of the stick but I guess we will see. What comes around always goes around.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls