Kindred vs Northern Cass

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Kindred vs Northern Cass

Postby boblee » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:49 am

I know Sam personally and I have coached against her for several years. I can't weigh in on the exact situation(s), but I do want to point a couple of things out:

1. As far as the all-region stuff. Those conversations happen ALL THE TIME. I remember a region coaches meeting for a certain sport a handful of years ago where two coaches presented that they should have several kids and literally walked through comparisons to other kids. From a coaches perspective, that's just fighting for your kids and the specifics aren't supposed to leave that meeting. If you don't fight for your kids, unfortunately, they might not get the recognition they deserve.

2. Sam and I had a particular disagreement a number of years ago and guess what, she came back to me a year later and said she was wrong and apologized. She had no reason to even do that, but she wanted to make things right.

3. Sam is intense and old school. A vast majority of the kids that I know that have played for her ADORE her. They would do anything for her because she would do anything for them. And she has gone above and beyond for a lot of those kids over the years.

4. A coach probably shouldn't interact with the fans, especially opposing fans. In no way am I condoning the alleged actions, BUT we are living in a time where parents, fans and athletes can run coaches over and run them right out of town. This expectation that coaches shouldn't stand up for themselves is outdated. Again, I am not sure that applies to this alleged situation, but the responses by people on this board is always why we are going to run out of youth coaches.

5. I am AMAZED at the limited ratio of people who also include the opposing fans in the wrong. The whole, "yeah, but the coach needs to take the high road" is exactly why we are in the state of affairs we are in. If all the allegations here are true, both the opposing fans and the coach are equally "guilty."
boblee
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls