2019-2020 overall competitives of teams

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2019-2020 overall competitives of teams

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:37 am

I have been looking at various scores across the state is it me or is there larger gap between top teams and rest of teams in the state. I look at top two teams in each of the regions so far it seems there games are not even close to other teams in their region. The score differentials are larger than ever with games now being blow outs of more than 20 points. I look at this and I wonder how were going to keep kids going out for the sport in various schools. I see in other threads how numbers are down in majority of the schools and wonder if we got bigger problem than anyone realizes. I believe you need to have some competitive balance and belief that you have chance to win or otherwise it becomes no fun to play the game. This is just my observation but I look at scores through the week and I am seeing losses now of 40 points or more on consistent basis for a lot of teams.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2019-2020 overall competitives of teams

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:56 am

Speaking for Region 3, there are 5 teams at the top - Kidder County, Linton-HMB, LaMoure, Oakes & Carrington. The rest have very little chance to beat them in the Regional Tournament. The flip side is that the rest of the Region is actually pretty competitive with each other, they just have very little chance of getting past the 1st round of the Region tournament. The gap between the top teams and the rest may also be a reason why we are seeing a drop in participation numbers (see the other thread). The reason for the gap between top teams and the rest are probably different from team to team, but I have to believe coaching is a big part of it followed by DNA (natural athletes) and then the willingness to work to make yourself as good as you can be. Just my opinion.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls