18-19 Miss Hoopster

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:28 am

Picked up a copy of the new Hoopster today (it's actually called the Hoopster and not the Miss Hoopster this year). I really like the new format and didn't find too many mistakes this year as compared to the last couple of years. Here are their predictions for each Region:
R1: Kindred and Oak Grove
R2: Thompson and Grafton
R3: Edegely/Kulm/Montpelier and Oakes (This was printed before Entzi of EKM blew out her knee)
R4: Langdon and St. John
R5: Shiloh and Flasher
R6: Rugby and Velva
R7: Hettinger Scranton and Bowman County
R8: Trenton and Stanley
In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8. (With Entzi being out for the season I think EKM falls out of the top 4 in Region 3)
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Picked up a copy of the new Hoopster today (it's actually called the Hoopster and not the Miss Hoopster this year). I really like the new format and didn't find too many mistakes this year as compared to the last couple of years. Here are their predictions for each Region:
R1: Kindred and Oak Grove
R2: Thompson and Grafton
R3: Edegely/Kulm/Montpelier and Oakes (This was printed before Entzi of EKM blew out her knee)
R4: Langdon and St. John
R5: Shiloh and Flasher
R6: Rugby and Velva
R7: Hettinger Scranton and Bowman County
R8: Trenton and Stanley
In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8. (With Entzi being out for the season I think EKM falls out of the top 4 in Region 3)



Carrington would of been my pick in R3 even with a healthy Entzi.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 pm

The Hoopster has Carrington ranked 5th in the Region behind EKM, Oakes, Kidder County and Medina. I think 4th in the region may be a little high for Medina. To be fair to the Hoopster they do say this will be an extremely close region. The one thing about Region 3 is that most of these schools are fairly small and don't have great numbers so depth is always an issue in case of injury or whatever. EKM could still be a really good team, but it is tough to replace Entzi. My personal picks for the Region are Oakes, Carrington, Kidder County and Linton HMB as the top four.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Sportsrube wrote:In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8.

Two R2 teams and no region 5 team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Flip wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8.

Two R2 teams and no region 5 team.

Maybe they are doing things differently this year...or this is one of the typos; I'm going to guess the latter
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14340
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8.

Two R2 teams and no region 5 team.

Maybe they are doing things differently this year...or this is one of the typos; I'm going to guess the latter


Not a typo, it is simply their preseason power poll. Shiloh Christian is rated 9th in the power poll.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8.

Two R2 teams and no region 5 team.

Maybe they are doing things differently this year...or this is one of the typos; I'm going to guess the latter


Not a typo, it is simply their preseason power poll. Shiloh Christian is rated 9th in the power poll.


I only say a possible typo because in the past they would rank the Top 8 as the #1's from each region; then rank the #2's in their next 8...an so on and so forth through #5's. That's how their power poll has been for the past several years.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14340
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:30 pm

I think it's a typo FWIW. Not a big deal. SC probably supposed to be 7 and Grafton 9.

I've had my hoopster for ~2 weeks maybe and this is the first day I looked at the state poll.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby sportsfan111 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 am

packers21 wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:Picked up a copy of the new Hoopster today (it's actually called the Hoopster and not the Miss Hoopster this year). I really like the new format and didn't find too many mistakes this year as compared to the last couple of years. Here are their predictions for each Region:
R1: Kindred and Oak Grove
R2: Thompson and Grafton
R3: Edegely/Kulm/Montpelier and Oakes (This was printed before Entzi of EKM blew out her knee)
R4: Langdon and St. John
R5: Shiloh and Flasher
R6: Rugby and Velva
R7: Hettinger Scranton and Bowman County
R8: Trenton and Stanley
In their Power Poll they have Thompson, Kindred, Langdon, Rugby, EKM, Hettinger-Scranton, Grafton and Trenton as their top 8. (With Entzi being out for the season I think EKM falls out of the top 4 in Region 3)



Carrington would of been my pick in R3 even with a healthy Entzi.


I'm with you on that one. Carrington's starting 5 will be very solid. Bench thin.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby Scheeby » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:05 am

Flip wrote:I think it's a typo FWIW. Not a big deal. SC probably supposed to be 7 and Grafton 9.

I've had my hoopster for ~2 weeks maybe and this is the first day I looked at the state poll.


Looks like Perry has changed up his methodology for State Pre-Season Rankings. The boys version is the same...some regions not represented in the Top 8. I think it’s a good change.
Scheeby
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Re: 18-19 Miss Hoopster

Postby scc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Scheeby wrote:
Flip wrote:I think it's a typo FWIW. Not a big deal. SC probably supposed to be 7 and Grafton 9.

I've had my hoopster for ~2 weeks maybe and this is the first day I looked at the state poll.


Looks like Perry has changed up his methodology for State Pre-Season Rankings. The boys version is the same...some regions not represented in the Top 8. I think it’s a good change.

This is a welcome change.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East


Return to Girls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests