State B moves to the Betty

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State B moves to the Betty

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm

http://www.wday.com/sports/basketball/4 ... ving-betty

Can hardly wait until Thompson in the championship game. There won't be an empty seat.
The unfair advantage for the region 2 team discussion will be fun too :)
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: State B moves to the Betty

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Have a very hard time believing there will be enough seats in the building for championship night. I can think of a couple fan bases that could be in the ship this season that will have pretty hefty crowds. We shall see...
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 pm

This is a good move, one of the best places in the state to watch/play and there will be enough room. I just hope Forks takes it seriously, last time they had a state bball tournament it was horrible.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:58 pm

packers21 wrote:This is a good move, one of the best places in the state to watch/play and there will be enough room. I just hope Forks takes it seriously, last time they had a state bball tournament it was horrible.

I question if they will have enough seating - depends on what teams make it to State. As for GF taking it seriously this time - I have no doubt the tournament organizers will do a great job. As for the businesses and the city of GF taking it seriously, there I have some large doubts. GF and Fargo businesses have historically treated the Class B tournaments like just any other weekend. One more reason the Class B basketball tourneys should either be in Bismarck or Minot.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 am

Anyone know attendance numbers the last couple years? I thought it was pretty full when North Star played Kindred in 2017. My prediction is Friday and Saturday night will be sold out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 am

Does the NDHSAA publicize the attendance at State Tournaments anymore? I know they used to years ago, but am not sure now. (And I'm too lazy to look it up on their website!)
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 am

Sportsrube wrote:Does the NDHSAA publicize the attendance at State Tournaments anymore? I know they used to years ago, but am not sure now. (And I'm too lazy to look it up on their website!)

It’s in their yearly yearbook but I don’t think it’s publicly announced
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Girls