2017-18 ALL-STATE TEAM

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2017-18 ALL-STATE TEAM

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:01 pm

2017-18 CLASS B GBB ALL-STATE TEAM
First Team
Grace Benz, Kidder County (Sr.)
Stephanie Miller, North Star (Sr.)
Anna Holen, LaMoure-LM (Sr.)
Jordyn Worley, Langdon/Edmore/Munich (Sr.)
Elizabeth Lyons, Lisbon (Sr.)
Abby Duchscherer, Kindred (8th)

Second Team
Taylor Roehl, Grant County (Sr.)
Alexis Bentz, Grant County (Sr.)
Amber Stevahn, Shiloh Christian (Sr.)
Sydney Andersen, Killdeer (Sr.)
Abby Iverson, Stanley (Sr.)
Madison Uhlenkeamp, Rugby (Sr.)
Taylor Reilly, Drayton/Valley-Edinburg (Sr.)
Tyleigh Brady, New Town (Jr.)
Katie Entzi, Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier (Jr.)
Kaity Hove, Trenton (So.)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2017-18 ALL-STATE TEAM

Postby sportsnut5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Would a player who averaged 10 pts, 9 boards, 6 assists, and 5 steals a game have a chance to be all state? A player has averaged these stats each of the past two years. Scored more points in past seasons and would have this year as well, but this team had 3 others who also averaged double figures in points. Team has also finished 3rd in regionals last two years, so the team has been successful. There are very good players on this all-state team and I wouldn’t suggest anyone be taken off, but there are players that are not by larger communities that will not be recognized unless they make the state tourney. Good thing this player will be back next year with a very good chance of having over 1000 career points, 800 rebounds, 700 assists, and 400 steals. All stats produced through Krossover so no inflation. Congrats to all the all-state players, it is a list of great and deserving players. Maybe next year will be the year for this great player.
sportsnut5
NDPreps Starter

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 pm

sportsnut5 wrote:Would a player who averaged 10 pts, 9 boards, 6 assists, and 5 steals a game have a chance to be all state? A player has averaged these stats each of the past two years. Scored more points in past seasons and would have this year as well, but this team had 3 others who also averaged double figures in points. Team has also finished 3rd in regionals last two years, so the team has been successful. There are very good players on this all-state team and I wouldn’t suggest anyone be taken off, but there are players that are not by larger communities that will not be recognized unless they make the state tourney. Good thing this player will be back next year with a very good chance of having over 1000 career points, 800 rebounds, 700 assists, and 400 steals. All stats produced through Krossover so no inflation. Congrats to all the all-state players, it is a list of great and deserving players. Maybe next year will be the year for this great player.

In all honesty...no. Doesn't mean your girl isn't a great player, but with 1500 players in the State and 15 spots on the All State team, you need to put up some BIG numbers. Especially if said player isn't getting the exposure of State or media market. It is just how it is. Put up big numbers and you WILL get recognized. While 10, 9, 6 and 5 are good numbers, they just aren't "All State" numbers. Change the 10 to a 20 and she's in the running...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:
sportsnut5 wrote:Would a player who averaged 10 pts, 9 boards, 6 assists, and 5 steals a game have a chance to be all state? A player has averaged these stats each of the past two years. Scored more points in past seasons and would have this year as well, but this team had 3 others who also averaged double figures in points. Team has also finished 3rd in regionals last two years, so the team has been successful. There are very good players on this all-state team and I wouldn’t suggest anyone be taken off, but there are players that are not by larger communities that will not be recognized unless they make the state tourney. Good thing this player will be back next year with a very good chance of having over 1000 career points, 800 rebounds, 700 assists, and 400 steals. All stats produced through Krossover so no inflation. Congrats to all the all-state players, it is a list of great and deserving players. Maybe next year will be the year for this great player.

In all honesty...no. Doesn't mean your girl isn't a great player, but with 1500 players in the State and 15 spots on the All State team, you need to put up some BIG numbers. Especially if said player isn't getting the exposure of State or media market. It is just how it is. Put up big numbers and you WILL get recognized. While 10, 9, 6 and 5 are good numbers, they just aren't "All State" numbers. Change the 10 to a 20 and she's in the running...

Shaice Marx was All-State and a Ms. BB finalist with numbers similar to that (few more points/game)

Sportsnut: my guess is who u are talking about was nominated just didn’t attain enough votes to make 2nd team
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:58 pm

He kind of mentioned it, but Marx went to school less than 10 miles from Grand Forks and played in 3 state tournaments.

I'm curious do those that have Krossover think they do a good job keeping stats?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:

Shaice Marx was All-State and a Ms. BB finalist with numbers similar to that (few more points/game)

Sportsnut: my guess is who u are talking about was nominated just didn’t attain enough votes to make 2nd team

Shaice is a good example of one of my points Run. Take away three State appearances and take away the media market and she is absolutely not Miss BB with those numbers. Don't get me wrong, she's an awesome player, but put her on Bowbells with those numbers and she's not Miss BB no matter how good she was...Its just how it is...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsnut5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:19 pm

Like I said, all of the players named to the team are deserving and I wouldn’t take anyone off. Just am eager to see the stats of the players on the team for comparison purposes. There are other great players who did not make the team either that I think could make a case. Any time a 15 person team is put together from an entire state, there will be differing opinions and players left off the team. There are no brainers and then there is a group of players that make filling out the team very difficult. I appreciate the time and effort those who choose these teams put into it to get it right.
sportsnut5
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:33 pm

sportsnut5 wrote:Like I said, all of the players named to the team are deserving and I wouldn’t take anyone off. Just am eager to see the stats of the players on the team for comparison purposes. There are other great players who did not make the team either that I think could make a case. Any time a 15 person team is put together from an entire state, there will be differing opinions and players left off the team. There are no brainers and then there is a group of players that make filling out the team very difficult. I appreciate the time and effort those who choose these teams put into it to get it right.

FWIW: Stats should be in newspaper articles tomorrow
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 am

Flip wrote:He kind of mentioned it, but Marx went to school less than 10 miles from Grand Forks and played in 3 state tournaments.

I'm curious do those that have Krossover think they do a good job keeping stats?

IMO Krossover does a good job of keeping stats.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:08 pm

I think 14 ppg was the lowest average I saw in the news release.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 am

Felt Dani Schwanke from Benson County should have been on the list. Averaged over 20 pts last two season and almost 1700 career points. Did not have the team around her to get the attention, however. Started two 8th graders and 2 freshmen with her this season and still had a winning record with another 4-5 close losses. Not saying anyone should be taken off the list and I know people get left off all the time, just figured with her career she'd get on the team this year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thehoopsguy55 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:15 pm

I am surprised that more players from Region 2 weren’t on this list. To name a few- Cierra Jacobson, Meredith Dumas, Carlee Sieben. Dumas averaged 14 ppg and 8 rebounds. Sieben is one of the better point guards in Class b averaged 15 ppg, 6 assists, and 4 steals, And Jacobson just did everything for her team averaging 18 ppg.
Thehoopsguy55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby airmail » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 am

Let's face it - it's an offensive stat-based award, and politics and press are sometimes involved. That's why I'm not a fan of these teams, but they aren't going away.

It would be tough to document, but there's some defensive players out there that are completely awesome that don't have the offensive stats to make the list. Give them the nod once in a while. You all know who I'm talking about - the kid that always gets the tough assignment against the opposing team's stud and holds them to their season lowest game stats. Those kids are out there, and are integral to their teams' success.

It wouldn't hurt to include sportsmanship as part of the criteria either.
Last edited by airmail on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby Viewer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:00 pm

I saw Schwanke's #'s, 20.7ppg, 8reb, 4asst, and 4.5steals. Great #'s. Stats aren't as important as exposure. Compared #'s with all-staters and hers were better than most. Will be fun to watch her at the next level when she can actually play without 2 people hanging on her for 24 mins straight. I wish her luck.
Viewer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby prairiefox » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 pm

A girl from Ryan averaged 17pts, 8reb, 2.5blocks, 2steals, and had a 37point game. She didn't make it.
I'm guessing you have to average 20 points a game with 10 or more in another category.
prairiefox
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:11 pm

prairiefox wrote:A girl from Ryan averaged 17pts, 8reb, 2.5blocks, 2steals, and had a 37point game. She didn't make it.
I'm guessing you have to average 20 points a game with 10 or more in another category.

I know a player who had nearly 20 ppg, 6 apg & 3 spg plus roughly 4 3PM per game...and she wasn't even nominated LAST year...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Girls