2017-18 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 pm

SIXTH POLL
Monday, January 9th

1. Shiloh Christian (12) 11-0 174
2. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier (5) 10-0 166
3. Langdon-Edmore-Munich (1) 9-1 144
4. LaMoure-LM 10-1 111
5. Medina/Pingree-Buchanan 7-2 106
6. Thompson 8-2 81
7. Carrington 8-3 55
8. Trenton 8-0 51
9. Rugby 9-2 43
10. Des Lacs-Burlington 9-1 37
Others Receiving Votes: Grafton (8-3), Four Winds-Minnewaukan (8-3), Kidder County (7-3), Grant County (8-2), Killdeer (6-2).
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13629
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsfan111 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 pm

MPB recently beat Lamoure and I believe it was by double digits? hmm.. Carrington also beat MPB a few weeks ago without their best defender from a season ago who also averaged 15 points a night.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:MPB recently beat Lamoure and I believe it was by double digits? hmm.. Carrington also beat MPB a few weeks ago without their best defender from a season ago who also averaged 15 points a night.


Medina/Pingree-Buchanan def. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier tonight 44-43; Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier def. Carrington last week 48-43...so in regards to all this...it is ANYONE'S REGION in Region 3!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13629
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsfan111 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:MPB recently beat Lamoure and I believe it was by double digits? hmm.. Carrington also beat MPB a few weeks ago without their best defender from a season ago who also averaged 15 points a night.


Medina/Pingree-Buchanan def. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier tonight 44-43; Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier def. Carrington last week 48-43...so in regards to all this...it is ANYONE'S REGION in Region 3!


Never said it wasn’t. Simply questioning how Lamoure is ranked ahead of MPB after MPB beat them by double digits..
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 am

More media presence in the Lamoure area than Medina.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 am

Region 3 is going to be a dogfight and MPB beat EKM without Sabinash playing? I watched on the Cube, she must've been hurt or sick? Whoever has the hot hand is going to win Region 3.
sportsphenom
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 am

sportsfan111 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:MPB recently beat Lamoure and I believe it was by double digits? hmm.. Carrington also beat MPB a few weeks ago without their best defender from a season ago who also averaged 15 points a night.


Medina/Pingree-Buchanan def. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier tonight 44-43; Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier def. Carrington last week 48-43...so in regards to all this...it is ANYONE'S REGION in Region 3!


Never said it wasn’t. Simply questioning how Lamoure is ranked ahead of MPB after MPB beat them by double digits..


MPB has 2 losses - Lamoure 1 - heck, voters out on the west side likely have no idea that MPB beat Lamoure by double digits - they see 2 losses vs 1 and rank Lamoure higher.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 am

That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.
sportsphenom
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 am

sportsphenom wrote:That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.


QRF means nothing in ND (yet) it’s essentially just another ‘poll’
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13629
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.


QRF means nothing in ND (yet) it’s essentially just another ‘poll’


I realize that, but its better than a media poll where 75% of the teams are not seen by the media. I don't like the media poll, if anything it plays with these young kid's minds. #1 don't mean anything until you prove yourself in late February/March.
sportsphenom
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsfan111 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm

sportsphenom wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.


QRF means nothing in ND (yet) it’s essentially just another ‘poll’


I realize that, but its better than a media poll where 75% of the teams are not seen by the media. I don't like the media poll, if anything it plays with these young kid's minds. #1 don't mean anything until you prove yourself in late February/March.


By QRF are you referring to the computer rankings? Curious, Run, why you say it means nothing yet?
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:16 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.


QRF means nothing in ND (yet) it’s essentially just another ‘poll’


I realize that, but its better than a media poll where 75% of the teams are not seen by the media. I don't like the media poll, if anything it plays with these young kid's minds. #1 don't mean anything until you prove yourself in late February/March.


By QRF are you referring to the computer rankings? Curious, Run, why you say it means nothing yet?


QRF has no standing in ND...It is another nice tool for debate. I am hoping the QRF may make an appearance in ND soon
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13629
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby sportsfan111 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.


QRF means nothing in ND (yet) it’s essentially just another ‘poll’


I realize that, but its better than a media poll where 75% of the teams are not seen by the media. I don't like the media poll, if anything it plays with these young kid's minds. #1 don't mean anything until you prove yourself in late February/March.


By QRF are you referring to the computer rankings? Curious, Run, why you say it means nothing yet?


QRF has no standing in ND...It is another nice tool for debate. I am hoping the QRF may make an appearance in ND soon


What is different about the computer ranking found here https://classbbasketball.com/ and a QRF?
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby kboftw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 am

Nothing, really. I think what Run meant is that the only thing QRF is used for in ND is for *some* football seedings in the playoffs. It's used a bit more for seedings across the river in MN.

I'm not a huge fan of polls and rankings for high school sports, in general, but I'm a coach so I'll admit a bias.

sportsfan111 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:That's why I trust the QRF rating over media rating. MPB is above LaMoure in that. But just like every other year the polls mean nothing.


QRF means nothing in ND (yet) it’s essentially just another ‘poll’


I realize that, but its better than a media poll where 75% of the teams are not seen by the media. I don't like the media poll, if anything it plays with these young kid's minds. #1 don't mean anything until you prove yourself in late February/March.


By QRF are you referring to the computer rankings? Curious, Run, why you say it means nothing yet?


QRF has no standing in ND...It is another nice tool for debate. I am hoping the QRF may make an appearance in ND soon


What is different about the computer ranking found here https://classbbasketball.com/ and a QRF?
kboftw
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 am

Re: 2017-18 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:01 pm

SEVENTH POLL
Monday, January 15th

1. Shiloh Christian (17) 13-0 170
2. Langdon/Edmore/Munich 11-1 145
3. LaMoure-LM 11-1 118
3. Medina/Pingree-Buchanan 10-2 118
5. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier 11-1 111
6. Carrington 10-3 74
7. Trenton 9-0 61
8. Rugby 11-2 51
9. Des Lacs-Burlington 12-1 44
10. Thompson 9-3 27
Others Receiving Votes: Grafton (10-3), Four Winds-Minnewaukan (9-4), Bowman County (9-2), Kidder County (9-3), Kindred (9-3).
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13629
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Previous

Return to Girls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron