Grafton Spoilers Program

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Grafton Spoilers Program

Postby ballernd » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Just curious if anyone has heard news out of Grafton and why a couple of girls have decided not to go out for basketball this upcoming season. Not sure if it was a rumor I heard, but I heard that most of the junior class wasn't going to return this season.
If that's the case, I would think the program will take a hit this season and Thompson might have a walk away with the region this year.
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Grafton Spoilers Program

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm

There is a lot of time between now and the first day of practice.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:37 pm

The Schwab wrote:There is a lot of time between now and the first day of practice.

9 weeks from today, but who's counting?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Sometimes kids like to say they aren't playing a sport to get a little attention. Sometimes high school girls act like high school girls. :D

But if it's true - that will be a big hit to the team. Lots of solid players in that class - Gaustad, Thompson and Dumas come to mind, I'm sure there's more. (I think I've got the right class in mind anyway.....)
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby airmail » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 pm

A senior, two juniors, and a mess of freshmen. Maybe there were some exits after all. Didn't see the game but they hung within 11 of Langdon last night - not bad, IMO.

http://www.ndhsaanow.com/teams/basketball-girls/2712
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:14 pm

I do know Gaustad moved to Grand Forks. She's playing for Central.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballernd » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 pm

The game finished at 11, but was closer then that. Grafton had to foul at the end and Langdon made their free throws.
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Langdon-Edmore didn't have their starting pt guard - completely different team with her on the court.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 pm

ballernd wrote:The game finished at 11, but was closer then that. Grafton had to foul at the end and Langdon made their free throws.

Flying Wallenda wrote:Langdon-Edmore didn't have their starting pt guard - completely different team with her on the court.

LEM also played in the state VB tournament so that had to hurt their preparation. Plus they have a new coach.

Don't get me wrong Grafton is still going to be good. I think if everyone plays they are very clearly the #2 in the region. With what they have now it may be a battle for that 2nd spot.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls