What are the odds of LMM goin to state?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jordanpippen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:56 pm

i know they play in a weak area, but can they beat the good teams around the state?
jordanpippen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:43 pm

i don't think it matters much if they can beat good teams from around the state...i wanna know if they can beat linton or steele...they might be able to, but at this point in the season, i have no clue
rep

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:05 am

They won't play Steele until Regionals if they make it. They play Linton on Feb. 3rd. To beat them, they have a long ways to go.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Linton and Steele-Dawson continue to be the top 2 teams in Region 3. They will be until someone knocks them off. LMM has a shot, but is not there yet. LaMoure has less of a shot, but is not there yet. There are a couple others out there, but all are a notch or two below L and SD.

It will be an interesting day when someone knocks one of these 2 off in a championship game.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:56 pm

I'd say LMM has the same odds of going to state as Steele-Dawson does of missing regionals. I don't see it happening. Steele has too many athletes and too good of coach. They are such a complete team. They have defenders, drivers, shooters, posts, and leaders. I'd be amazed if anyone even came close beating them in the tournaments. Might they win state? That might be a lil far fetched, although they did only lose to New Salem by 10, in New Salem. Granted they are #1 in the polls and polls mean absoutely nothing, it makes you think a little bit. Back to LMM making it to state, I just don't see it happening.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:15 pm

baller01 wrote:I'd say LMM has the same odds of going to state as Steele-Dawson does of missing regionals. I don't see it happening. Steele has too many athletes and too good of coach. They are such a complete team. They have defenders, drivers, shooters, posts, and leaders. I'd be amazed if anyone even came close beating them in the tournaments. Might they win state? That might be a lil far fetched, although they did only lose to New Salem by 10, in New Salem. Granted they are #1 in the polls and polls mean absoutely nothing, it makes you think a little bit. Back to LMM making it to state, I just don't see it happening.
I would have to agree with baller, SD is gonna have to play absolutely terrible for LMM to make it to state.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsrap » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Didnt LaMoure beat LMM and LaMoure lost to Linton by about 25 Lmm has along way to go before this should be a topic of conversation.  Lmm and LaMoure however better this year are still not even close to where Linton and Steele are at.
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:57 pm

realistically, the beat down that steele gave linton earlier this week (maybe last week), wowie. i don't think i have seen a game between the two that was seperated by more than three points over the last couple of years. i know flyberg has said publically that the program is in a rebuilding phase this year, but i don't think i actually believed him.

if steele is really as dominant as they showed against linton, granted it is only the regular season and it could be meaningless, but if they are that dominant, everyone else in region 3 is playing for second...case closed.
Last edited by rep on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Return to Girls