Title game

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Title game

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Kindred vs Cando-Valley City!
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Title game

Postby CC1983 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:34 pm

heimer wrote:Kindred vs Cando-Valley City!

I'll bite. Little confused. Thought Kindred was playing NorthStar.
CC1983
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Heimer - Let it go dude.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:42 pm

What a title game! Class B+ vs the best transfer in history.

I'll take the Hi-Liner-Cubs by 7.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

CC1983 wrote:
heimer wrote:Kindred vs Cando-Valley City!

I'll bite. Little confused. Thought Kindred was playing NorthStar.

Family transfers SEVERAL years ago for family reasons and heimer can't let it go...has to be a bully about everything.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:48 pm

Bullying, that's funny. Sorry, I can't bully. I need the eggs for French toast tomorrow.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:08 am

Isn't it just a little small to bring this up now? There have been a number of more questionable transfer situations that have occurred more recently and you say nothing. As has been stated, the entire Kvilvang family moved back to Cando (where Mrs Kvilvang is from) for family reasons. The fact that Macey is one of the best Class B girls players of all time is really irrelevant. I'm sorry that the Hi Liners never benefitted from her abilities. Your bigger than this bud.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 am

Well, sure, it's no Linton-Bottineau, I guess.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:08 am

heimer wrote:What a title game! Class B+ vs the best transfer in history.

Ok snowflake what doesn't offend you? so the rest of the world can cater to your sensitive feelings. Why must you take issue with everything
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:18 am

EHS1998 wrote:Isn't it just a little small to bring this up now? There have been a number of more questionable transfer situations that have occurred more recently and you say nothing. As has been stated, the entire Kvilvang family moved back to Cando (where Mrs Kvilvang is from) for family reasons. The fact that Macey is one of the best Class B girls players of all time is really irrelevant. I'm sorry that the Hi Liners never benefitted from her abilities. Your bigger than this bud.

No, he isn't.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby momofgirls » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:22 am

Macey has gone to North Star since 8th grade. She lives in Cando (where her mom grew up) with her whole family. There is no transfer situation. She moved. End of story.
Should we do a census to find out where all the Kindred players live? Bet it's not Kindred.
momofgirls
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HONKER » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 am

momofgirls wrote:Macey has gone to North Star since 8th grade. She lives in Cando (where her mom grew up) with her whole family. There is no transfer situation. She moved. End of story.
Should we do a census to find out where all the Kindred players live? Bet it's not Kindred.

That is one for Heimer to figure out. Kindred has 735 residents of the city and about 400 kids in the school system HMMM.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:58 am

momofgirls wrote:Macey has gone to North Star since 8th grade. She lives in Cando (where her mom grew up) with her whole family. There is no transfer situation. She moved. End of story.

There's a lot of truth in this statement.

No judgment on families moving from this guy. I'm simply illustrating how the storylines for this title game were constructed.

The Class "B" way is to latch on to any feel-good story and ignore the details. We did it with Linton-Bottineau. We did it with Napoleon-Steele-Lamoure wresting,

When a player leaves his school in Fargo in eighth grade to go Catholic school, and one day becomes a Deacon, we call it recruiting. We do the same for all of the private schools around the state. Families make that decision for family reasons also. But that's dirty.

This was clean, I guess. And we haven't even talked about Kindred yet.

If you think the move had nothing to do with sports, think again.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:20 am

And the Heimer way is to "egg" class B at every opportunity. One school had its turn on Thursday, North Star on Friday, and Kindred is apparently up next.

As evidenced by the thousands of empty seats at the Alerus Center, this tournament just isn't a big draw. No one is trying to write the next "Hoosiers" sequel based on North Dakota class B girls basketball this year, Heimer. You are attacking a narrative that does not exist. And no one is going to be trolling the class A message boards next week to try to rain on their parade. Why do you burn so many calories on this stuff?
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dakotastater » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:35 am

HONKER wrote:

That is one for Heimer to figure out. Kindred has 735 residents of the city and about 400 kids in the school system HMMM.

The Kindred School district has a weird shape, being fairly narrow and long. It includes the communities of Hickson/Oxbow, Kindred, Davenport, Walcott, and Leonard. The total population of these communities is over 1700, and the rural population is fairly dense around these communities. Davenport, Walcott, and Leonard were absorbed into the Kindred school district over the past 30 years. So having 400 kids in the school isn't a stretch.

As for the varsity girls team. There are 5 seniors, 5 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 1 seventh grader. All 13 attended elementary school in Kindred, at least 11 of them have been in the district since Kindergarten, more than half of them are second generation or older families from Kindred district, most others are from rural areas in SE ND and about half are from working farm families.

Kindred is both a farming and Fargo bedroom community, but this team is all Kindred district, not a bunch of Fargo area transfers looking for playing time. Please note, this has nothing to do with North Star and no comparisons are implied. Just clarifying where this team came from.

Admittedly, Kindred athletics have many advantages compared to more rural ND districts. Access to camps, academies, sports medicine, and a higher level of competition for younger players certainly helps the varsity teams.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 am

Heimer go hide in the closet with your tinfoil hat :roll:
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 am

How about some insight on how the refs aren't calling all the pushing done against Kvilvang. She's getting manhandled down low, and almost none of it is getting called. This isn't the Shaquille O'Neal and the NBA. No other center would have to put up with that. Just because a player would totally dominate a cleanly-played game is no reason to throw out the rule book to 'make things even'. Imagine if they looked at Morgan Olson and said 'you are so good on 3-pointers, we're going to let the defense hack you on the arms when you shoot so the other team has a better chance of winning'.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:35 am

vikingman wrote:How about some insight on how the refs aren't calling all the pushing done against Kvilvang. She's getting manhandled down low, and almost none of it is getting called. This isn't the Shaquille O'Neal and the NBA. No other center would have to put up with that. Just because a player would totally dominate a cleanly-played game is no reason to throw out the rule book to 'make things even'. Imagine if they looked at Morgan Olson and said 'you are so good on 3-pointers, we're going to let the defense hack you on the arms when you shoot so the other team has a better chance of winning'.

Tournament has been poorly officiated. Very physical play all the way around.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:44 am

Two questions:

is there a link to the official stats for each game?

How many points did M Olson average/game, and what was her season 3-pt%
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 am

vikingman wrote:Two questions:

is there a link to the official stats for each game?

How many points did M Olson average/game, and what was her season 3-pt%

https://twitter.com/grandforkstourn - for stats

Someone told me her season 3 point % was 50%.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Bigbrew22 wrote:Heimer go hide in the closet with your tinfoil hat :roll:

Thanks for the advice. Sorry, I have work to do.

Bought eggs this morning. French toast tonight for dinner. Hope that doesn't wreck anyone's night of fun.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:38 pm

heimer wrote:What a title game! Class B+ vs the best transfer in history.

heimer, wrong on a prediction? I don't believe it. Must be those alternatives facts he is into.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 am

If you think these predictions are in any way serious, you're more messed up than I am.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:38 pm

heimer wrote:

There's a lot of truth in this statement.

No judgment on families moving from this guy. I'm simply illustrating how the storylines for this title game were constructed.

The Class "B" way is to latch on to any feel-good story and ignore the details. We did it with Linton-Bottineau. We did it with Napoleon-Steele-Lamoure wresting,

When a player leaves his school in Fargo in eighth grade to go Catholic school, and one day becomes a Deacon, we call it recruiting. We do the same for all of the private schools around the state. Families make that decision for family reasons also. But that's dirty.

This was clean, I guess. And we haven't even talked about Kindred yet.

If you think the move had nothing to do with sports, think again.

There was an article in the Herald years ago, and she said they did move for sports. She wanted to stay in Class A, but it didn't work out so they went back to her mom's hometown.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ProV1X » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:01 am

Dakotastater wrote:
HONKER wrote:

The Kindred School district has a weird shape, being fairly narrow and long. It includes the communities of Hickson/Oxbow, Kindred, Davenport, Walcott, and Leonard. The total population of these communities is over 1700, and the rural population is fairly dense around these communities. Davenport, Walcott, and Leonard were absorbed into the Kindred school district over the past 30 years. So having 400 kids in the school isn't a stretch.

As for the varsity girls team. There are 5 seniors, 5 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 1 seventh grader. All 13 attended elementary school in Kindred, at least 11 of them have been in the district since Kindergarten, more than half of them are second generation or older families from Kindred district, most others are from rural areas in SE ND and about half are from working farm families.

Kindred is both a farming and Fargo bedroom community, but this team is all Kindred district, not a bunch of Fargo area transfers looking for playing time. Please note, this has nothing to do with North Star and no comparisons are implied. Just clarifying where this team came from.

Admittedly, Kindred athletics have many advantages compared to more rural ND districts. Access to camps, academies, sports medicine, and a higher level of competition for younger players certainly helps the varsity teams.

From what I have heard, Kindred has seen tremendous growth since they built their new school 5 years ago. I was told they have to find 4 additional classrooms for next year because some of the grades continue to grow with the new housing developments filling up right in Kindred. I think I also heard that they will not accept any new requests for open enrollment since they are over capacity as it is, so I would say that they arent encouraging "athletic families" to enroll there from any Fargo neighborhoods.
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls