#1 North Star vs #2 Park River F/L--Jan 30 webcast

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: #1 North Star vs #2 Park River F/L--Jan 30 webcast

Postby Rivershark » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:52 am

Flip wrote:According to the KMAV site PRFL has the 14th ranked SOS and Carrington has the 3rd ranked SOS.

I guess if you want to cherry pick wins and go by "feel" then yes PRFL > Carrington.

That's an interesting point, but I don't think it would carry much weight if and when it came down to it. A good team in a weak region is obviously going to have a low SOS. In a situation where two teams are so close, any selection committee is going to look at the quality of wins. Enough said,let's let the rest of season play out and then see what happens.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan111 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Watched the bearcats take on both Carrington and Park River this past week. Was very impressed with Carrington. Quick team that plays fantastic defense. Hopefully all three teams get out of their regions- will make for a very exciting state tournament.
My ranking:
1. North Star
2. Carrington
3. Park River
4. Kindred
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:49 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:Watched the bearcats take on both Carrington and Park River this past week. Was very impressed with Carrington. Quick team that plays fantastic defense. Hopefully all three teams get out of their regions- will make for a very exciting state tournament.
My ranking:
1. North Star
2. Carrington
3. Park River
4. Kindred

Kind of curious as to who you think the 5 lesser teams might be in the big show. I'm speaking of the 5 that will round out the field and be in the way of the three potential champions listed.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:14 pm

BigCat wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Watched the bearcats take on both Carrington and Park River this past week. Was very impressed with Carrington. Quick team that plays fantastic defense. Hopefully all three teams get out of their regions- will make for a very exciting state tournament.
My ranking:
1. North Star
2. Carrington
3. Park River
4. Kindred

Kind of curious as to who you think the 5 lesser teams might be in the big show. I'm speaking of the 5 that will round out the field and be in the way of the three potential champions listed.

Can't answer your question as I am not very familiar with teams outside region 4 and region 3. Like others have previously stated, anything can happen during tournament time. I bet very few people had Shiloh at the top of their rankings last year.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Carrington fell to in-region Kidder County yesterday.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Rivershark » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Flip wrote:According to the KMAV site PRFL has the 14th ranked SOS and Carrington has the 3rd ranked SOS.

I guess if you want to cherry pick wins and go by "feel" then yes PRFL > Carrington.

Let's just say it's a good feeling based on some facts.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:25 pm

I watched the game on web cast. I think PRFL looked nervous and rattled. They looked that way against Thompson last year too in their first meeting. A rematch would be very close IMO. After seeing North Star, They definitely are a better and more balanced team than I thought. As for seeding, who gives a crap where you are seeded in the State tournament? (if you make it there? even great teams have epic meltdowns) You just need to play your best three games of the season in a row. I think this years state tourney will be very good. I hope all the best teams make it.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DukeBasketball3 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Rivershark wrote:North Star came away with a big win tonight. Besides the final score, this game was pretty even until the 4th quarter when NS pulled ahead. Granite they were ahead the entire game, but PRFL stayed with 5 or 6 most of the game. NS had the more complete game when it came down to it. PRFL didn't get the scoring they needed from their key players. I hope they realized that they are not going to win the game down low against Macy. I feel the point where NS started to pull ahead was when Macy started passing the ball down low. PRFL keyed in on Macy and it hurt them. PRFL's post player did a phenomenal job defending Macy and not letting her get many touches. She also showed no fear taking the ball to the hoop or shooting from the outside on her. The good thing for PRFL is that they know they are a better team and if presented the opportunity will be ready. The big question right now is if the top 4 teams finish out the season without a loss, how do you rank the top 4 teams?

Macey* Kvilvang finished with a TRIPLE DOUBLE. 21 points, 15 rebounds, 10 blocks, so please don't tell me they did a phenomenal job defending her. "No fear taking the ball to the hoop or shooting from the outside on her" = 10 blocks. Everyone and their mother knows you love your Park River sports Rivershark, but saying they're the better team and they know it? NS controlled that entire game and shut down every PR run.
DukeBasketball3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:43 pm

DukeBasketball3 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:North Star came away with a big win tonight. Besides the final score, this game was pretty even until the 4th quarter when NS pulled ahead. Granite they were ahead the entire game, but PRFL stayed with 5 or 6 most of the game. NS had the more complete game when it came down to it. PRFL didn't get the scoring they needed from their key players. I hope they realized that they are not going to win the game down low against Macy. I feel the point where NS started to pull ahead was when Macy started passing the ball down low. PRFL keyed in on Macy and it hurt them. PRFL's post player did a phenomenal job defending Macy and not letting her get many touches. She also showed no fear taking the ball to the hoop or shooting from the outside on her. The good thing for PRFL is that they know they are a better team and if presented the opportunity will be ready. The big question right now is if the top 4 teams finish out the season without a loss, how do you rank the top 4 teams?

Macey* Kvilvang finished with a TRIPLE DOUBLE. 21 points, 15 rebounds, 10 blocks, so please don't tell me they did a phenomenal job defending her. "No fear taking the ball to the hoop or shooting from the outside on her" = 10 blocks. Everyone and their mother knows you love your Park River sports Rivershark, but saying they're the better team and they know it? NS controlled that entire game and shut down every PR run.

Woah...slow your roll there DukeBB...Rivershark stated that Park River knows that they are A BETTER TEAM...NOT THE BETTER TEAM! Read the post closely and comprehend the post before attempting to 'blast' someone's post.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Previous

Return to Girls