Young Athletes

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Young Athletes

Postby BBfan4life » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Any young up and coming players to watch for?
BBfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Young Athletes

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:54 pm

BBfan4life wrote:Any young up and coming players to watch for?

Amanda Roller (Oak Grove) is a 5' 4" sophomore that's having a pretty solid year already: 17.7 ppg, 2.7 spg, 2.4 apg & 3.5 rpg - 53 3's made through yesterday as well.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:11 pm

Enderlin also has some good young talent in the Tingley sisters (8th & So.) and Christensen (Fr.).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby airmail » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:07 am

Thompson's varsity is almost all freshman and sophomores. ( 0 seniors, 1 junior and 1 eighth grader)
A number of talented players to keep an eye on over the next few years.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ball4Him » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:31 pm

airmail wrote:Thompson's varsity is almost all freshman and sophomores. ( 0 seniors, 1 junior and 1 eighth grader)

Grafton is also being led by some sophomores and an eighth grader
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dakotastater » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Kindred has a 7th grader that is playing major varsity minutes and has led the team in scoring in a handful of games, she has potential to be Ms. Basketball finalist in a few years. There are two more 7th graders playing a lot of junior varsity minutes. Considering the size of Kindred, playing that many junior high players up means they must be pretty talented.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Helps to be a young player on a team like Kindred. Their seniors usually have the game in hand and the competition tired of the track meet by halftime. The Enderlin 8th grader plays like a junior. Doesn't get rattled.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thundersnow » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:46 am

The top 3 young players in Region 8 are New Town sophomore Marveen Ross, Trenton freshman Kaity Hove and Watford City 8th grader Emma Mogen. All three of these are extremely talented on both ends of the floor and have bright futures. Of course, Watford City will be moving up to Class A before Mogen finishes high school.
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:59 pm

airmail wrote:Thompson's varsity is almost all freshman and sophomores. ( 0 seniors, 1 junior and 1 eighth grader)

Ball4Him wrote:Grafton is also being led by some sophomores and an eighth grader

There is a decent chance you could say the same thing about Park River's young players if they weren't stuck behind this year's seniors.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baskets-r-us » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Was at the new town parshall game last night seen parshall had 3 girls on jv that are going to be pretty good they are cedar hall 9th grader jayln hall and wynter Deane both 8th graders
baskets-r-us
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Flip wrote:

Ball4Him wrote:Grafton is also being led by some sophomores and an eighth grader

There is a decent chance you could say the same thing about Park River's young players if they weren't stuck behind this year's seniors.
That could be true. PR Area won a B squad tourney and beat PR C team for the championship.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsnut5 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Abbie Kludt - sophomore from Hettinger-Scranton. Posted her 2nd triple double of the season versus Beach last Thursday while playing only 3 quarters. 17 pts, 14 assists, and 11 rebounds.

On the season, Abbie is averaging 11.5 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 6.1 assists per game. Her all around game makes her one of the state's best, not just for young players.
sportsnut5
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 pm

So is Leaf from Warwick injured? I saw she only had 2 points the other night.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigCat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:09 am

madseason wrote:
Flip wrote:

That could be true. PR Area won a B squad tourney and beat PR C team for the championship.

It's both good and bad to be a young player on senior stacked teams like PR and Kindred. Bad because the seniors get the bulk of the meaningful playing time and good because of the big point spreads by halftime to mid 3rd resulting in playing time for the young kids. Usually the other team is gassed by then leading to the bench and youngsters being able to compete and show some of their talents.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 am

Flip wrote:So is Leaf from Warwick injured? I saw she only had 2 points the other night.

Don't think so, she had 20 on Saturday against NGS.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 am

Dakotastater wrote:Kindred has a 7th grader that is playing major varsity minutes and has led the team in scoring in a handful of games, she has potential to be Ms. Basketball finalist in a few years. There are two more 7th graders playing a lot of junior varsity minutes. Considering the size of Kindred, playing that many junior high players up means they must be pretty talented.

Extremely impressed with Kindred's 7th grader in the Region 1 tournament!! Very smart player, calm--doesn't get rattled by the moment; she can flat out play!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ProV1X » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 pm

She comes off the bench, but may be one of Kindred's best 3 overall players. She was very harassing on the full court press against Richland with her length and athleticism. She was the leading scorer along with Reinke (Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year) last night with 15 points. I noticed when Tri State was pressing at the end of the game, Piatz trusted her to inbounds the ball as well. She will be a good one. Abby Duchscherer is her name. Kindred also has 2 other seventh graders that played some JV this year. So when Piatz hangs it up at the end of the year, he's not leaving the cupboard bare. They may struggle some next year, but will still be top 3 in the region I would guess.
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Postby triplebbb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Watford City has Emma Mogen, an 8th grader. I believe she started every game and was All-District and All-Region tournament team. Another 8th grader, Ashley Holen is in the rotation at guard. A tribute to the WC program to return to state after graduating 6 seniors!
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby ReadyToPlay » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Familiarity with Region 2, I observe Park River b squad could compete with Region 2 middle of pack very well. I would imagine that is do to hard work during offseason and the fact that they practice with the hard working senior State Bound (2 years running) A squad every day. Cassie Sieben, an 8th grader from Grafton has ice in veins, so she will possess calm leadership to the fast paced Spoilers. Should be a great Region to come for at least the next 3 years..
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ball4Him » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:05 pm

ReadyToPlay wrote:Familiarity with Region 2, I observe Park River b squad could compete with Region 2 middle of pack very well. I would imagine that is do to hard work during offseason and the fact that they practice with the hard working senior State Bound (2 years running) A squad every day. Cassie Sieben, an 8th grader from Grafton has ice in veins, so she will possess calm leadership to the fast paced Spoilers. Should be a great Region to come for at least the next 3 years..

The Sieben you are thinking of is Carlee, Cassie is her sister(who is already playing JV at the same age so she is very good as well). You are completely right though, Grafton is very young all around with only one senior and two juniors. Have not seen Park River's JV except for the last couple minutes of last night's game. Also Thompson did not have any seniors on this year's team plus their main guard trio consists of two freshman and one eighth-grader. I think these three teams will be rivaling each other for at least the next 3 years.
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Ball4Him wrote:
ReadyToPlay wrote:Familiarity with Region 2, I observe Park River b squad could compete with Region 2 middle of pack very well. I would imagine that is do to hard work during offseason and the fact that they practice with the hard working senior State Bound (2 years running) A squad every day. Cassie Sieben, an 8th grader from Grafton has ice in veins, so she will possess calm leadership to the fast paced Spoilers. Should be a great Region to come for at least the next 3 years..

The Sieben you are thinking of is Carlee, Cassie is her sister(who is already playing JV at the same age so she is very good as well). You are completely right though, Grafton is very young all around with only one senior and two juniors. Have not seen Park River's JV except for the last couple minutes of last night's game. Also Thompson did not have any seniors on this year's team plus their main guard trio consists of two freshman and one eighth-grader. I think these three teams will be rivaling each other for at least the next 3 years.

DVE will be as good as any of these teams the next few years also.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ball4Him » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:14 pm

packers21 wrote:
Ball4Him wrote:

DVE will be as good as any of these teams the next few years also.

I agree they will be very good next year again, but after that they will have some rebuilding to do
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:38 pm

packers21 wrote:DVE will be as good as any of these teams the next few years also.

I think they'll lack depth next season IMO. After 17-18 what do you see?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Flip wrote:
packers21 wrote:DVE will be as good as any of these teams the next few years also.

I think they'll lack depth next season IMO. After 17-18 what do you see?

I've been told the DVE co-op will be dissolved before the next few years.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby ninja_joe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 am

Region 8 did have some extremely talented young kids this year. Sophomores Marveen Ross & Tyleigh Brady from New Town are as talented kids offensively as you could want to see in ND GBB. Extremely skilled offensive players. 8th grader Emma Mogen is a real solid player too for WC. Plays both ends well. Freshman Kaity Hove from Trenton is probably right up there with the best guards in gbb in nd. Pretty sure people will start learning that kids name soon. Seen her play 3 times this year--energizer bunny. Does just about everything a kid possibly can in a game. Saw her season stats for this past year the other day. Wow. Off the charts. Some serious young talent here. Definitely should be some all staters coming out of this region for years to come.
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls