Young Athletes

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Young Athletes

Postby BigCat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:40 pm

ProV1X wrote:She comes off the bench, but may be one of Kindred's best 3 overall players. She was very harassing on the full court press against Richland with her length and athleticism. She was the leading scorer along with Reinke (Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year) last night with 15 points. I noticed when Tri State was pressing at the end of the game, Piatz trusted her to inbounds the ball as well. She will be a good one. Abby Duchscherer is her name. Kindred also has 2 other seventh graders that played some JV this year. So when Piatz hangs it up at the end of the year, he's not leaving the cupboard bare. They may struggle some next year, but will still be top 3 in the region I would guess.

I may be wrong but doesn't Kindred have a group of seniors that are crazy athletic? Reinke and Hiatt, solid three starters, Erickson who plays quiet and rebounds and led them to state in VB, odegaard very athletic and going on to play DII soccer etc. I think they've done pretty well over the years, and from what I understand, were an undefeated team from 7th grade on up. The 7th grader does a good job off the bench and is a great addiction, but I wouldn't slight the senior leadership and talent that has gotten this team where it is.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:08 am

BigCat wrote:I may be wrong but doesn't Kindred have a group of seniors that are crazy athletic? Reinke and Hiatt, solid three starters, Erickson who plays quiet and rebounds and led them to state in VB, odegaard very athletic and going on to play DII soccer etc. I think they've done pretty well over the years, and from what I understand, were an undefeated team from 7th grade on up. The 7th grader does a good job off the bench and is a great addiction, but I wouldn't slight the senior leadership and talent that has gotten this team where it is.

I didn't see anywhere where the poster did this. This thread is about young players.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ProV1X » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 am

BigCat wrote:
ProV1X wrote:She comes off the bench, but may be one of Kindred's best 3 overall players. She was very harassing on the full court press against Richland with her length and athleticism. She was the leading scorer along with Reinke (Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year) last night with 15 points. I noticed when Tri State was pressing at the end of the game, Piatz trusted her to inbounds the ball as well. She will be a good one. Abby Duchscherer is her name. Kindred also has 2 other seventh graders that played some JV this year. So when Piatz hangs it up at the end of the year, he's not leaving the cupboard bare. They may struggle some next year, but will still be top 3 in the region I would guess.

I may be wrong but doesn't Kindred have a group of seniors that are crazy athletic? Reinke and Hiatt, solid three starters, Erickson who plays quiet and rebounds and led them to state in VB, odegaard very athletic and going on to play DII soccer etc. I think they've done pretty well over the years, and from what I understand, were an undefeated team from 7th grade on up. The 7th grader does a good job off the bench and is a great addiction, but I wouldn't slight the senior leadership and talent that has gotten this team where it is.

Big Cat you are correct. Kindred has a great group of seniors starting with Reinke who has signed to play for UND, Hiatt who will most likely play basketball somewhere, Erickson is athletic, Kyra Braaten is a very good athlete for her size and Odegaard is very athletic as well. Odegaard missed all of last season and I believe over half of this season, she is just getting back to playing, so that has limited her court time. Flip is correct in saying in no way am I slighting any senior leadership. The topic of this post is Young Athletes, and I was following up on some comments on the Kindred 7th grader. I believe from what I have seen that she is one of the 3 best overall players on that team which in my opinion doesn't mean I am slighting Senior leadership. Big Cat, I am not sure what great addiction the 7th grader is that you are referring to. " [b]The 7th grader does a good job off the bench and is a great addiction,"[/b]
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:53 am

Addition is the word most likely
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:53 pm

ProV1X wrote:
BigCat wrote:

Big Cat you are correct. Kindred has a great group of seniors starting with Reinke who has signed to play for UND, Hiatt who will most likely play basketball somewhere, Erickson is athletic, Kyra Braaten is a very good athlete for her size and Odegaard is very athletic as well. Odegaard missed all of last season and I believe over half of this season, she is just getting back to playing, so that has limited her court time. Flip is correct in saying in no way am I slighting any senior leadership. The topic of this post is Young Athletes, and I was following up on some comments on the Kindred 7th grader. I believe from what I have seen that she is one of the 3 best overall players on that team which in my opinion doesn't mean I am slighting Senior leadership. Big Cat, I am not sure what great addiction the 7th grader is that you are referring to. " [b]The 7th grader does a good job off the bench and is a great addiction,"[/b]

Funny guy!
It was an opinion based on what I know about the kindred team and whats gotten them to the dance. I agreed with everything in your first ever post about the seventh grader. When you open up the ranking of an athlete on a team, you do invite a little discussion. I'm sorry if that poured something in your cornflakes. If I were to say that a talented eighth grader out of Enderlin (which there is) or a very good seventh grader coming up in Parkrivers system was one of the top five athletes on the team, I would be sure sure get some discussion as well. I would suggest That if you do not want that type of discussion, keep it to the talent of the kid and not
Her ranking in the team. JMO!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBfan4life » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Kidder county started a pretty good ball handler and defender in a 8th grader..Oakes started an 8th grader that can shoot the 3 ball and freshman that put up a lot of points..Lamoure has the youngest holen that's a darn good point guard.
BBfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:41 pm

After watching the game today, I concur...The 7th grader is one of the best on that team. Wow, impressive...And the 8th grader from Watford isn't too shabby either. Also very impressive...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ProV1X » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:18 am

NodakQ2 wrote:After watching the game today, I concur...The 7th grader is one of the best on that team. Wow, impressive...And the 8th grader from Watford isn't too shabby either. Also very impressive...

NodakQ2 Be careful! These comments may be taken as slighting the senior leadership of Kindred!!! :wink:
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dakotastater » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 am

ProV1X wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:After watching the game today, I concur...The 7th grader is one of the best on that team. Wow, impressive...And the 8th grader from Watford isn't too shabby either. Also very impressive...

NodakQ2 Be careful! These comments may be taken as slighting the senior leadership of Kindred!!! :wink:

Many objective Kindred folks consider Duchscherer to already be the best all around player player on the team.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby ProV1X » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:52 am

I would say that many fans across the state witnessed Duchscherer's ability in this tournament. She played with a great senior class of leaders at Kindred and proved she is one of the best 3 overall players. She was awarded the play of the game Friday night, player of the game in the Championship and was on the All Tournament team. The earlier post was not to take away anything from the rest of the team, but it was my assessment of her abilities based on watching her play some games this season.
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Cavalier Lady Tornadoes are playing tonight in the Region 2 3rd & 4th place game for the first time since 1993 hats off to the Coaches and Players and the hard work put in....
5 freshman all get playing time on Varsity :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:07 pm

winner-within wrote:Cavalier Lady Tornadoes are playing tonight in the Region 2 3rd & 4th place game for the first time since 1993 hats off to the Coaches and Players and the hard work put in....

Wow!
They've been a surprise to the region this season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:51 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Cavalier Lady Tornadoes are playing tonight in the Region 2 3rd & 4th place game for the first time since 1993 hats off to the Coaches and Players and the hard work put in....

Wow!
They've been a surprise to the region this season.

SL has done a good job with them this year, should be a team to look out for the next few years.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Girls