New 30 Point Mercy Rule

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: New 30 Point Mercy Rule

Postby 74Magic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:59 am

This rule is clearly not in the best interests of the players of either team. It is exactly these situations that benefit the younger players giving them some varsity experience. When I played, my coach used this time to work on various strategies that you wouldn't otherwise get to work on in a tight game.

The main thing that makes this rule so rediculous is the fact that in North Dakota we play 8 minute quarters as. In my day the coaches took care of this by playing younger players and making players run through all options of the offense. Unfortunately, it seems somewhere along the line, some have lost track of the human element.

An interesting note: one of the top teams in ND was down by almost 20 points in the first half of a game. They came back in the 3rd quarter and erased the deficit but imagine if they didn't wake up until the 4th quarter. Their undefeated season may not have happened.
74Magic
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Girls