2015 All-State Team

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015 All-State Team

Postby BigCat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Because she meant more to her team than just the amount of points she scored/game. Her rebounding average was superior to many and her usual shutdown-defense was solid all year.

IMO, there were 4 1st team players by stats BUT 1st team includes top 5 players via votes and she was 5th best...so therefore, she was awarded the spot.

The 5th best in the state? Serious?! like I said, saw her four times plus state and I will tell you that I saw a lot better talent elsewhere. In matter of fact, I saw her shut down two of those games. I'm going to let this go now, but there were others in the state that were tougher defensively and meant just as much or more to their team, and made it much further in the tourney. So be it. Good for her, but a 2nd teamer if that.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:21 am

BigCat wrote:
scc wrote:
BigCat wrote:
scc wrote:
BigCat wrote:Isn't the president of the coaches association from Thompson? Hmmmmm! Just curious!

No idea... The coaches don't vote on all-state basketball, anyway. You're running out of arguments.

I don't understand, I was simply asking a question. If you are referring to the 5th 1st teamer, theres no argument to be had. Shes a 2nd teamer at best. I guess she helped get her team there. Played against her, watched her play in three games, and saw her at state. Stats weren't there unless youre going on team player. If that's the case, there were atleast three other studs at state who blew those doors off as team players but didn't put up the individual stats. No argument to be had, as my assessment is correct!

The way you worded your question, before you edited it, suggests otherwise.

So you are going to go with the unedited version, huh?! Funny stuff. Someone who voted would need to tell me why before I would believe more than a 2nd teamer at best.

I replied to your post about the same time you edited it. It happens.

I agree with run's assessment. There were 4 surefire first teamers. The last was likely a close vote of multiple players.
scc
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 am

Big Cat, in reading your posts I see a few remarks that may be questioning the honesty and integrity of Lisa Strand of Thompson, past president of the NDHSCA, and perhaps Jason Brend, the Thompson head GBB coach.

If I am wrong, just say so and accept my apologies.

I just want it known that there are no people that are more honest, supportive, and build any better quality programs than Lisa and Jason. I've know them for years and they are just quality people.

(No, I'm not from Thompson)
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 pm

BigCat wrote:Is the president of the coaches association from Thompson? Just curious!

doesn't matter...All-State is a MEDIA award that is voted on BEFORE the State Tourney concludes.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:17 am

Hinsa wrote:Big Cat, in reading your posts I see a few remarks that may be questioning the honesty and integrity of Lisa Strand of Thompson, past president of the NDHSCA, and perhaps Jason Brend, the Thompson head GBB coach.

I just want it known that there are no people that are more honest, supportive, and build any better quality programs than Lisa and Jason. I've know them for years and they are just quality people.

A couple of things for you:
1. I don't know how well you can read, but take a quick look at the bold type below. I said I'm done with it.
2. I asked a question and you took it upon yourself to assume, guess, extrapolate, and draft a guess as to what may or may not have been a reference. Go ahead and make up what you wish from my question. I said nothing about anyone good or bad, just asked the question. You my friend took it upon yourself to write a novel defending specific people!

The 5th best in the state? Serious?! like I said, saw her four times plus state and I will tell you that I saw a lot better talent elsewhere. In matter of fact, I saw her shut down two of those games. I'm going to let this go now, but there were others in the state that were tougher defensively and meant just as much or more to their team, and made it much further in the tourney. So be it. Good for her, but a 2nd teamer if that.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:32 am

BigCat wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Big Cat, in reading your posts I see a few remarks that may be questioning the honesty and integrity of Lisa Strand of Thompson, past president of the NDHSCA, and perhaps Jason Brend, the Thompson head GBB coach.

1. I don't know how well you can read, but take a quick look at the bold type below. I said I'm done with it.
2. I asked a question and you took it upon yourself to assume, guess, extrapolate, and draft a guess as to what may or may not have been a reference. Go ahead and make up what you wish from my question. I said nothing about anyone good or bad, just asked the question. You my friend took it upon yourself to write a novel defending specific people!

Let it go then...don't respond. However your previous quote:

BigCat wrote:Isn't the president of the coaches association from Thompson? Hmmmmm! Just curious!

You did ask a question...but your post question statements of 'Hmmmmm! Just curious!' is insinuating that Thompson did something 'dirty' to get her on the 1st team...when in fact we stated several times that other than nominating the athlete for this honor, the coaches have nothing to do with the voting.

Words of advice: Its over and done with...there is no changing it. She is the 5th name on the All-State 1st Team...let's all just move on. Basketball season is over until next November.
THANKS!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:

You did ask a question...but your post question statements of 'Hmmmmm! Just curious!' is insinuating that Thompson did something 'dirty' to get her on the 1st team...when in fact we stated several times that other than nominating the athlete for this honor, the coaches have nothing to do with the voting.

Words of advice: Its over and done with...there is no changing it. She is the 5th name on the All-State 1st Team...let's all just move on. Basketball season is over until next November.

I'm sorry Run...just one more thing....could we get Radball/Easterners take on it? I'm really curious what his opinion on this matter is.....
OK...I'm sorry, just had to do it! :lol:
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:

I'm sorry Run...just one more thing....could we get Radball/Easterners take on it? I'm really curious what his opinion on this matter is.....

Let's not open that 'can'...that user(s) been pretty good here lately :)
THANKS!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Wed May 06, 2015 8:04 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:

He has no time to type any responses. He's sitting on his deck, smokin' a cigar telling everyone "I told you so!"
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls