2015 All-State Team

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015 All-State Team

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:08 pm

FIRST TEAM
Hannah Stewart, Bishop Ryan (Sr.) - 19.3 pts, 11.8 rebs, 4.3 asts, 5.7 stls, 4.3 blks; Career - 2473 pts & 1362 rebs
Fallyn Freije, Lakota/Edmore (Sr.) - 25.3 pts, 13.2 rebs, 6.7 asts, 2.5 stls, 2.4 blks; Career - 2511 pts & 1312 rebs
Gabbie Bohl, Bishop Ryan (Sr.) - 21 pts, 8.4 rebs, 1.2 blks; Career - 1881 pts & 864 rebs
Rylee Nudell, Maple Valley (Jr.) - 26.9 pts, 10.7 rebs, 4.0 asts, 4.8 stls, 1.7 blks; Note: 2612 pts going into Sr. season
Shaice Marx, Thompson (Jr.) - 12 pts, 13.7 rebs, 2.0 asts, 4.1 stls

SECOND TEAM
Sydney Bentz, Grant County (Sr.) - 16.8 pts, 11.7 rebs, 5.6 asts, 3.1 stls, 2.1 blks & 67 3PM
Madison Erickson, Berthold (Sr.) - 22 pts & 11 rebs
Hannah Jacobs, Divide County (Sr.) - 22 pts, 12 rebs, 4.2 asts
Katie Mogen, Watford City (Jr.) - 19 pts, 7.9 rebs, 3.5 asts, 3.9 stls
Cheyenne Packineau, Parshall (Sr.) - 21 pts, 14.9 rebs, 4.7 asts
Macie Romsdal, Central Cass (Sr.) - 19.8 pts, 7.1 rebs, 2.6 stls
Hannah Schlecht, Sargent Central (Sr.) - 15.2 pts, 9.3 rebs, 6.5 asts, 2.8 stls
Helen Schuster, Midway-Minto (Sr.)- 21.8 pts, 9.4 rebs, 2.0 asts, 3.6 stls
Alli Vandal, Rolla (Sr.) - 23.2 pts, 11.4 rebs, 3 asts, 2.4 stls, 3 blks
Paige Schmidt, Kidder County (Jr.) - 16 pts, 6.6 rebs, 3.5 stls
Alanna Sickler, Dickinson Trinity (Jr.) - 14 pts, 8.5 rebs, 2.5 stls
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2015 All-State Team

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm

No Maddie Wald?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Are these voted on by media or coaches? Get it mixed up with fball. Kinda surprised Marx made first team, but going to state the last two years probably helped. Also surprised a bit that Hagler or Kvilvang weren't on there, but nice to see Vandal get recognized
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Very light on Region 1. I know there wasn't any representation at the state tournament, but that seems strange.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsrap » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:00 pm

There are 3 from region 1. Was hoping Holen from LLM would make second team.
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 pm

BigCat wrote:Very light on Region 1. I know there wasn't any representation at the state tournament, but that seems strange.

Nudell was 1st Team
Romsdal was 2nd Team
Schlecht was 2nd Team

That's pretty solid to have 3 from same region on Team...not sure what you are looking at if you say there is a "light representation" from Region 1.

Those were the 3 best players in the Region.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
BigCat wrote:Very light on Region 1. I know there wasn't any representation at the state tournament, but that seems strange.

Nudell was 1st Team
Romsdal was 2nd Team
Schlecht was 2nd Team

That's pretty solid to have 3 from same region on Team...not sure what you are looking at if you say there is a "light representation" from Region 1.

Those were the 3 best players in the Region.

Whatever you say! I would never argue with anyone that knows more about region 1 than I do. :lol: This one is definitely in the "eye of the beerholder." Not going to name names, but the one first teamer? Serious? Anyone that could hold a straight face would need to be related!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:51 am

scc wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Are these voted on by media or coaches? Get it mixed up with fball. Kinda surprised Marx made first team, but going to state the last two years probably helped. Also surprised a bit that Hagler or Kvilvang weren't on there, but nice to see Vandal get recognized

NDAPSSA All-State Team (media)

For being a media award, I am surprised that Packineau didn't make the 1st list considering they made the state tournament, and she had the stats to back it up.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BigCat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:43 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
scc wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Are these voted on by media or coaches? Get it mixed up with fball. Kinda surprised Marx made first team, but going to state the last two years probably helped. Also surprised a bit that Hagler or Kvilvang weren't on there, but nice to see Vandal get recognized

NDAPSSA All-State Team (media)

For being a media award, I am surprised that Packineau didn't make the 1st list considering they made the state tournament, and she had the stats to back it up.

I totally agree with you. In Packineaus case It's obvious that the appearance at state had no bearing. Like many all conference selection processes, it's about spreading it around. Still can't get my arms around the first teamer though. Be fun to know what played into that
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:27 pm

I believe the votes had to be in after Day 1 of the State Tourney this year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Hinsa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I believe the votes had to be in after Day 1 of the State Tourney this year.

Yes, the meeting was Friday morning of the tournament.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:26 am

scc wrote:It's tough to get three from one team to make the final 15 (plus ties).

She should have still made it.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby easterner » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
scc wrote:It's tough to get three from one team to make the final 15 (plus ties).

Maddie's stats for year, according to Maxpreps, Ave points 15.7, Ast 6.4, Reb 3.9 Stls 5, blk 0.5 at the point guard position. Yes maxprep stats compaired to listed on this post are a little different with Rylee Nudell but very close. And both of them are point guards i think. And yes i understand all the girls listed at some point brings up the ball(or at least they did at state) but when you figure in defense and the fact that bishop ryan already had 2 in it. I think they got it right. I'm a big fan of Maddie, awesome point guard, but not as good as Rylee at that position. Plus Rylee did more with less support.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigCat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 am

Still can't get my arounds around the one first teamer. Marginal all year with marginal stats. Got to state due to strong team play. Good player, yes. First teamer over Wald and others, are you crazy. Not even top player in the region. Still wonder what they saw that we didn't see all year.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 pm

easterner wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Maddie's stats for year, according to Maxpreps, Ave points 15.7, Ast 6.4, Reb 3.9 Stls 5, blk 0.5 at the point guard position. Yes maxprep stats compaired to listed on this post are a little different with Rylee Nudell but very close. And both of them are point guards i think. And yes i understand all the girls listed at some point brings up the ball(or at least they did at state) but when you figure in defense and the fact that bishop ryan already had 2 in it. I think they got it right. I'm a big fan of Maddie, awesome point guard, but not as good as Rylee at that position. Plus Rylee did more with less support.

You really don't follow B very well...first you mention Bohl as Bishop Ryan's PG in an earlier post on another topic and then now Nudell.

Rylee Nudell is NOT a PG. She is a well-rounded post who can handle the ball, score in bunches and rebound the ball with the best of them.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
easterner wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

You really don't follow B very well...first you mention Bohl as Bishop Ryan's PG in an earlier post on another topic and then now Nudell.

Rylee Nudell is NOT a PG. She is a well-rounded post who can handle the ball, score in bunches and rebound the ball with the best of them.

Thank you Run! Rylee Nudell is 3rd on the list as the top player in Class B this year. She is not a point guard, but the fact that anyone would have thought she was shows how outstanding she is as a very versatile player. The player from Thompson should have made the 2nd team simply because it is commendable that they have made it to state, and it is realistic to think that being so close to Grand Forks that she would get votes. It was more unrealistic that Thompson was ranked so high all year, and earned a 4th seed at State. Again, the media proximity probably helped.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BigCat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:13 pm

scc wrote:
BigCat wrote:Still can't get my arounds around the one first teamer. Marginal all year with marginal stats. Got to state due to strong team play. Good player, yes. First teamer over Wald and others, are you crazy. Not even top player in the region. Still wonder what they saw that we didn't see all year.

There was nobody better than her in the region. Nobody.

Take this into consideration. Double-double average, plenty of steals leading to team points off turnovers, and holding the best players on opposing teams below their average, some well below.

Regarding the all-state team and who may or may not have been excluded, there are certain things to consider. It is difficult to get more than two players from one team on all-state. There are only 15 spots. Look at past all-state teams for further reference. Most regions will get at least one player on the list. It's possible some players who were "excluded" were only a vote or two from making all-state. It can be a very close vote sometimes. This isn't football all-state, where there seem to be far, far too many players being recognized. It's 15 players plus ties, that's it.

You're obviously a homer! We played several teams in that region, and there were equal or better players. If you want to start the conversation about double/doubles and team players making the team better, ther are several in reg. 2 that are equal and probably three or four better athletes in that category in reg. 1. Ones that she could not rebound with, score with, or run with for sure. Trust me, I saw it first hand several times.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:46 pm

scc wrote:
BigCat wrote:
scc wrote:
BigCat wrote:Still can't get my arounds around the one first teamer. Marginal all year with marginal stats. Got to state due to strong team play. Good player, yes. First teamer over Wald and others, are you crazy. Not even top player in the region. Still wonder what they saw that we didn't see all year.

There was nobody better than her in the region. Nobody.

Take this into consideration. Double-double average, plenty of steals leading to team points off turnovers, and holding the best players on opposing teams below their average, some well below.

Regarding the all-state team and who may or may not have been excluded, there are certain things to consider. It is difficult to get more than two players from one team on all-state. There are only 15 spots. Look at past all-state teams for further reference. Most regions will get at least one player on the list. It's possible some players who were "excluded" were only a vote or two from making all-state. It can be a very close vote sometimes. This isn't football all-state, where there seem to be far, far too many players being recognized. It's 15 players plus ties, that's it.

You're obviously a homer! We played several teams in that region, and there were equal or better players. If you want to start the conversation about double/doubles and team players making the team better, ther are several in reg. 2 that are equal and probably three or four better athletes in that category in reg. 1. Ones that she could not rebound with, score with, or run with for sure. Trust me, I saw it first hand several times.

I'm no less a homer of Region 2 than you are of Region 1, and that is fine. We are both entitled to our opinions, but it doesn't change the vote.

Sorry dude, not a reg. 1 homer. As I have said earlier, Packineau should have been on the 1st team instead of someone. Better stats, impact, and all around player. If its about defense and all around team play, there is a whole new list. Heck, there were stud athletes in the state tourney that are not on either list that could run most of these kids' legs off and hold them to low double digits as tremendous defensive team players, but thats not what gets the votes.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Here's what I see with the all-state team:

I see four first-team locks, and then a whole bunch of second-teamers. Somebody had to get the last spot, and it was her. I believe she averaged a double-double in the state tournament as well, and Thompson plays a good schedule in the regular season. She's deserving.

Others may have also been deserving, but it's hard to argue that someone on the rest of that list is considerably better than her. I don't believe that.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jack8 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 am

Wildcat wrote:Here's what I see with the all-state team:

I see four first-team locks, and then a whole bunch of second-teamers. Somebody had to get the last spot, and it was her. I believe she averaged a double-double in the state tournament as well, and Thompson plays a good schedule in the regular season. She's deserving.

Others may have also been deserving, but it's hard to argue that someone on the rest of that list is considerably better than her. I don't believe that.

I think Cheyenne should have been on 1st team
She averaged more points, rebounds, and assists.
Parshall played a harder schedule and having to get by Watford City to make state.
Watford City was the 2nd best team in the state all year IMO
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:45 am

Jack8 wrote:

Parshall played a harder schedule and having to get by Watford City to make state.

I agree with you. There were 4 players on the 2nd team list that also had a double-double. I thought Region 2 was competitive this year simply because the teams were very balanced, but not because of very many standouts. I thought Region 8 for sure would have had a 1st teamer, and it would have been a good representation of the state. It is very hard for the athletes in that part of the state to get a lot of recognition. A small school like Parshall had to get past an almost Class A school to get to state. That was impressive.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby triplebbb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 am

I may be a bit off on the exact numbers but Packineau may have only scored double figures once against Watford City. I don't think she was a first teamer but very deserving of all-state status. Us westerners are also a bit confused on the 5th first teamer. Good, solid, excellent rebounder, hustler...but....
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:24 am

Jack8 wrote:

First of all, Shouda! Coulda! Woulda! Best 2nd place team in the regular season? Parshall beat them and lost in the first round at state. That tells me that WC was good and the region was good but the second best team in the state usually gets atleast a last place finish at the state tournament. Nice try though! There were two good players in that region and one (Packineau) deserved the 5th spot, hands down. Problem with the west is that they don't get the visibility that the central to east players and teams do. 2nd best team in the state...........okay?!?!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby easterner » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:38 am

triplebbb wrote:I may be a bit off on the exact numbers but Packineau may have only scored double figures once against Watford City. I don't think she was a first teamer but very deserving of all-state status. Us westerners are also a bit confused on the 5th first teamer. Good, solid, excellent rebounder, hustler...but....

She was out a couple weeks with a concussion also,according to the papers, and holding down one of the states best shooter FF to less than 12 points and the team wins(and previous yr held her to less than 7 points), Sounds like her defense put her over the top, alot of news articles and videos talk about her lights out defense. I think she had a triple double against a ranked team during the year, the paper might have got that wrong though, i do question the assist stat though, against kindred she had 7 that i saw and kindred is a very good team to play against, so i would assume she had the same or similar against lower teams and they played a tough schedule right off the bat(smart by the coach i think). I believe she had a few games she had over 20 on too. But if they figure out the ave like they use to when i was in high school then those games missed hurt her ave. Not sure if they count missed games anymore or not. Based on the 5 games i saw of her this yr. She deserved this spot. And i wonder why they didn't include her blocks, she had 4 against kindred, and i saw a couple during the tournament in each of the tournament games. But again,i believe she deserved it.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigCat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 am

easterner wrote:
triplebbb wrote:I may be a bit off on the exact numbers but Packineau may have only scored double figures once against Watford City. I don't think she was a first teamer but very deserving of all-state status. Us westerners are also a bit confused on the 5th first teamer. Good, solid, excellent rebounder, hustler...but....

She was out a couple weeks with a concussion also,according to the papers, and holding down one of the states best shooter FF to less than 12 points and the team wins(and previous yr held her to less than 7 points), Sounds like her defense put her over the top, alot of news articles and videos talk about her lights out defense. I think she had a triple double against a ranked team during the year, the paper might have got that wrong though, i do question the assist stat though, against kindred she had 7 that i saw and kindred is a very good team to play against, so i would assume she had the same or similar against lower teams and they played a tough schedule right off the bat(smart by the coach i think). I believe she had a few games she had over 20 on too. But if they figure out the ave like they use to when i was in high school then those games missed hurt her ave. Not sure if they count missed games anymore or not. Based on the 5 games i saw of her this yr. She deserved this spot. And i wonder why they didn't include her blocks, she had 4 against kindred, and i saw a couple during the tournament in each of the tournament games. But again,i believe she deserved it.

How did you stay quiet this long? I'm proud of you : You talk about her defense and blocks etc. If team play were a criteria, there is a whole new all state list of studs that simply don't have the point total. Or, in her case, there are others not on the all state team that are better defenders, more athletic, and faster. Actually, I'm happy for both of you that she made all state, but you will never convince me that Packineau didn't deserve the 5th slot, 1st team. Your player is a 2nd teamer all the way. I'm not ashamed of my opinion on this as its not a knock on anyone, just an opinion.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls