Jaye Two Bears-North Tartan Nike Elite

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Jaye Two Bears-North Tartan Nike Elite

Postby NDBaller32 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Jaye Two Bears gets Selected to play on North Tartan Nike Elite Team..

http://www.5statehoops.com/news_article ... id=1197900

Very Tough Team to get selected for. One of the Best High school girls AAU Teams in the country every year..
NDBaller32
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Jaye Two Bears-North Tartan Nike Elite

Postby easterner » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:33 pm

based on what i heard at state and watching her play, she wouldn't be able to play though, I was shocked the coach played her after the first game. If the injuries are true, why would you jeopardize a awesome future over 2 non championship games. Plus she didn't do much anyway. Its sad this happened to her and i hope she heals up, she is a hard worker and good ball player.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby triplebbb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:37 pm

I agree. She was probably at 50%. It hurt watching her have to pull up from a steal or not being able to push the dribble by a defender. Definitely a shadow of her very talented self. I heard at State Tourney that she was playing with a torn ACL. Anyone confirm? If so it'll be another 8-9 months if she has surgery
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby easterner » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:44 pm

i heard the same, one was on the mend and the other just happened within 2 months. This is from a person that was from shilo. Just Bathroom talk though,,lol
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Torn ACL and Meniscus.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby triplebbb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:23 pm

how does something like this affect recruiting opportunities...not just for her but others with injuries?
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 am

balla45 wrote:Torn ACL and Meniscus.

Being very familiar with a torn ACL, I was really surprised to see Two-Bears on the floor at state. The recovery after surgery seems relatively quick, but to get to even 80% takes a lot of rehab. I don't really understand why parents would even allow the athlete to play so soon. I just heard that a player re-injuried a broke foot in Class A basketball after breaking his foot late in the football season. I think too many parents are watching too much professional sports.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 14OldSchool » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:06 am

scoobyx2 - Agree completely - Wiser words have never been spoken
"You are in the Army. You're in my Army. Everyday between three and five." - Coach Norman Dale
14OldSchool
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Jaye's logic, which I do not hate by the way. I have to have surgery anyway. I already have a torn ACL and Meniscus. They will not get worse. I can have surgery now, miss the rest of the season, and miss AAU. I can have surgery in a month, play the rest of my season, and miss AAU. Why not play?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:43 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

Being very familiar with a torn ACL, I was really surprised to see Two-Bears on the floor at state. The recovery after surgery seems relatively quick, but to get to even 80% takes a lot of rehab. I don't really understand why parents would even allow the athlete to play so soon. I just heard that a player re-injuried a broke foot in Class A basketball after breaking his foot late in the football season. I think too many parents are watching too much professional sports.

Balla45 is right. I see nothing wrong with Two-Bears playing and wouldn't try to stop any player in her situation from doing the same. There are high school player who play an entire season with torn ACL's. They are typically wear large braces and are girls.

As far as the Class A football/basketball player goes, they didn't break the same spot. People with foot problems, tend to have more foot problems. Where the original bone was broken would be stronger after the break than before.

I don't under stand the comment about parents watching to much professional sports.... If you are trying to say professionals come back to soon, I don't think that is the case. More often I think they sit to long because they are being paid and are trying to save themselves to maximize their next deal. If you are trying to say that professionals heal faster than high school kids, I don't' think that is the case at all. The younger you are the faster you heal. Rehabbing is a different story. Professionals tend to rehab harder because; it is their job, they have nothing else (no other job) to do, and they know what working out hard is all about or they would have never made it to the pros.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:22 am

d_fense wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Balla45 is right. I see nothing wrong with Two-Bears playing and wouldn't try to stop any player in her situation from doing the same. There are high school player who play an entire season with torn ACL's. They are typically wear large braces and are girls.

As far as the Class A football/basketball player goes, they didn't break the same spot. People with foot problems, tend to have more foot problems. Where the original bone was broken would be stronger after the break than before.

I don't under stand the comment about parents watching to much professional sports.... If you are trying to say professionals come back to soon, I don't think that is the case. More often I think they sit to long because they are being paid and are trying to save themselves to maximize their next deal. If you are trying to say that professionals heal faster than high school kids, I don't' think that is the case at all. The younger you are the faster you heal. Rehabbing is a different story. Professionals tend to rehab harder because; it is their job, they have nothing else (no other job) to do, and they know what working out hard is all about or they would have never made it to the pros.

My comment about the professional sports means that professional athletes do this as a living. They have full professional medical staffs that work around the clock to help them get back to playing. Going to Sanford twice a week for an hour, and having a trainer look at it at practice is not quite the same. As for the foot injury, I was told that he damaged a bar & pin that was surgically placed from a previous injury. There is a misconception with kids that putting in metal makes a foot or hand stronger. Unfortunately, not really true. Orthopedic surgeons would make a lot of money selling that concept, but the good ones won't. Bars and pins are common now because it insures proper healing without the bulky casts. As for Two-Bears, I wish her the best. She has an outstanding opportunity to compete at a high level event, and I am sure that she has weighed out the risks. I honestly thought her injury occurred before the season, and she had already had surgery. I was also unaware that you can't do further damage to an ACL tear. For my kids, I won't believe that, but I won't continue to question that if that is what doctors are saying.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby easterner » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:41 pm

in two bears case, she wasn't able to do anything on the court(i think she had like 4 points all tourney). So why risk it.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:46 pm

easterner wrote:in two bears case, she wasn't able to do anything on the court(i think she had like 4 points all tourney). So why risk it.

Cause she's a player! She wanted to be out there with her team and the team wanted her on the court.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby easterner » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:46 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
easterner wrote:in two bears case, she wasn't able to do anything on the court(i think she had like 4 points all tourney). So why risk it.

Cause she's a player! She wanted to be out there with her team and the team wanted her on the court.

So if you were a coach you would let your kids dictate what to do? We all have tried to play through something but after that first game , if i was a coach i would have said NO, not playing any more. Especially if she didn't help at all and actually hurt the team, defense didn't really even play her, no need to. This is high school sports, not college or pro's. Big difference. I had a orthopedist tell me once, if a player needs a brace to play or some type of support, then they are not ready. His reasoning kinda made sense, "the little muscles will never truly heal if supports are used because they muscles will rely on the support too much and thus causing scar tissue to form over and over again and then long term damage sets in." But my opinion is just that, opinion based on a surgeons words. Lets just hope no long term damage happened for a short term gain.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:59 pm

easterner wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

So if you were a coach you would let your kids dictate what to do? We all have tried to play through something but after that first game , if i was a coach i would have said NO, not playing any more. Especially if she didn't help at all and actually hurt the team, defense didn't really even play her, no need to. This is high school sports, not college or pro's. Big difference. I had a orthopedist tell me once, if a player needs a brace to play or some type of support, then they are not ready. His reasoning kinda made sense, "the little muscles will never truly heal if supports are used because they muscles will rely on the support too much and thus causing scar tissue to form over and over again and then long term damage sets in." But my opinion is just that, opinion based on a surgeons words. Lets just hope no long term damage happened for a short term gain.

Well in Two Bears case , i MIGHT agree, but in general, wearing a brace is just for a short period of time, to protect for that hour or 2 of playing time, or actually just a play or two that could cause damage.........i once had a son who didnt want to wear a brace, but did to protect from that one or two times that something could happen, but its not like they are wearing a brace 24/7, so the muscles and or tendons or whatever is injured is healing..................kids want to play, and yes it is up to the coach to decide if they help your team or not in their condition.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 pm

nolan4 wrote:
easterner wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Well in Two Bears case , i MIGHT agree, but in general, wearing a brace is just for a short period of time, to protect for that hour or 2 of playing time, or actually just a play or two that could cause damage.........i once had a son who didnt want to wear a brace, but did to protect from that one or two times that something could happen, but its not like they are wearing a brace 24/7, so the muscles and or tendons or whatever is injured is healing..................kids want to play, and yes it is up to the coach to decide if they help your team or not in their condition.

1. If a doctor gave permission that she could play...then yes I'd consider it.
2. If the school administration gives permission...then I'm 95% saying yes.
3. If the teammates want her on the floor with them...then she's playing and I'm setting a game plan for her that is safe but still gives her the chance to play with her friends.

This situation is not as rare as you are making it seem easterner/radball. The key is my #1 above. If there is no way to hurt it any more and she is cleared by a doctor then the 'ball starts rolling'.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
easterner wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

3. If the teammates want her on the floor with them...then she's playing and I'm setting a game plan for her that is safe but still gives her the chance to play with her friends.

This situation is not as rare as you are making it seem easterner/radball. The key is my #1 above. If there is no way to hurt it any more and she is cleared by a doctor then the 'ball starts rolling'.

In the past, it wasn't a huge deal that someone played hurt. Athletes did it all the time because most high school athletes were done after high school. Now, top athletes are facing the chance to get thousands of dollars in scholarship money to go to college. I agree that #1 is the main criteria, but I would replace #2 with the parents (who signed off on any liability), and #3 would be the administration. It's hard to tell an athlete they can't play which is why schools now have to follow rules concerning concussions. Most adults have a hard time making adult decisions for their kids.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby easterner » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
easterner wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

In the past, it wasn't a huge deal that someone played hurt. Athletes did it all the time because most high school athletes were done after high school. Now, top athletes are facing the chance to get thousands of dollars in scholarship money to go to college. I agree that #1 is the main criteria, but I would replace #2 with the parents (who signed off on any liability), and #3 would be the administration. It's hard to tell an athlete they can't play which is why schools now have to follow rules concerning concussions. Most adults have a hard time making adult decisions for their kids.

First of all don't know and don't care who "radball" is and if this is a board on judging people that post then i'm out(think i made that clear already). ,,, was i the only one that saw 2bears barely running up the court?Maybe jump 5 inches in the air on a rebound and limp the whole time up the court??? After that first game i would of sat her and let her dress but not play. Remember that the Coach has the final say on a bball team at the time of tip off, I think most schools now have kids sign a form at the beginning of school that is a waver for injury's in extra events or at least when i was in high school we did and parents(legal guardians) had to sign as well. Like i said, in my opinion the coach was wrong in his choice to keep playing her.
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Posted by "Easterner:"
First of all don't know and don't care who "radball" is and if this is a board on judging people that post then i'm out(think i made that clear already).

I call absolute and utter B.S.!
If Easterner is not Radball, then (A) why do you write with the exact same style as Radball, which is certainly unique to say the least, and (B) why do you post from the same IP address as Radball that originates in the same town (Aberdeen), and (C) why are you on the Marxwagon just like Radball was?
B.S., B.S., B.S.!

You started on this site claiming to be a D1 scout. B.S. Then you claimed you just worked at a D1 institution. B.S. Now you claim that you are not the same poster as Radball. B.S.

If you had one shred of honesty in you and didn't try to be someone you are not, maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you on this board. If you were honest your opinions on this board would be accepted and debated. Right now, until you become an honest poster, no one can believe a word you say.

I will say this: I look for Easterner/Radball posts each day just to see what fantasy you are trying to pass off as truth each day. I don't doubt that some of your posts are true and make good points, but it's hard to tell which ones make good points when we don't know if what you are saying is true or just another visit to a distant galaxy.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby go maji » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 pm

radballs last post was was 7 days ago.
easterners first post was 15 days ago. Think of that what you will.

Unless he has two accounts at the same time, it's not him. They even posted on the the same day (March 10th)
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby easterner » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Everyone take note: This site choose to pick and choose who they want on here, I'm a IT director at a firm that has over 110 employees going off the same static IP address( we have 3 different sites off that IP address). 1. people probably choose not to be on this site anymore as i will because obviously we are being monitored on location and our opinions. I thought this site was about discussion but i was wrong in the fact its actually about only certain people that live in the parents basement and criticize others thoughts. 2. The site manager obviously tells others where you live(as in regards to IP address, which if you knew what your doing you can find the persons place with that address or city anyway, dahh i live in aberdeen,hence i went to NSU) so i ask everyone on here to rethink this site unless you like your info getting out to the public(proof is listed above. 3. Like previously stated i have a relative in Kindred and she is friends with Marx and been kinda keeping tabs on her( ave a double double at state not to bad, considering she plays hard on both ends). 4. I believe this post was about two bears, so why not stick to the merit of the post?

Or would you rather talk down to people to make you feel better? So Hinsa and blog site adviser, if making fun of people is your style well it not cool to be you and your life. Myself- i rather stay up beat and watch and observe good ND sports. I believe they have a term for people like Hinsa,,,, "troll" perhaps?
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DiggerDan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Posts made by "easterner" in the Ms. Basketball and State Tournament threads on March 2 and March 10 are now listed as being made by "radball". Go back and look at them - The original posts say they are made by radball but when that post is quoted by someone else, it shows as being made by easterner.

Something fishy is going on.

Here's a screenshot:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0014neyk5e
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nolan4 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:01 pm

DiggerDan wrote:Posts made by "easterner" in the Ms. Basketball and State Tournament threads on March 2 and March 10 are now listed as being made by "radball". Go back and look at them - The original posts say they are made by radball but when that post is quoted by someone else, it shows as being made by easterner.

Something fishy is going on.

Here's a screenshot:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0014neyk5e

LOL, had to look back to see if true, it is.........with all this said, and i know this is not the topic and should go somewhere else, I am new to this site, altho was on here about 5 yrs ago, and have looked back at several posts on several topics, there are many people , most of them shortterm who come on to boast of themselves and or a friend, it is actually pretty easy to see in how some comments are written and responded too. I do like the site, altho it seems to be down in numbers from yrs ago.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 am

You would be correct. I started changing all of easterner's post to radball as they are the same poster. One unique thing about our edit feature is that if we log in to view the details of a post, it shows us other posters who have posted from that same machine, same i.p., etc, but there are a few options. When I open up one of easterner's posts, it shows that the only other person who has posted from that machine is radball.

I have been personally been a moderator on this site for a very long time. I have banned very few people. I would have had no issue with radball/easterner posting if he had not lied about being a D1 scout. It does not even really bother me that he lies about being related to Marx. I think it is cool that he has so much passion for her accomplishments and is proud. I just take issue with blatantly lying about being a D1 coach.

I sign my name to all of my posts as I think it is fair. I rarely will look in to who people are, as I think one thing that makes this site fun is anonymity. That said, people who use the anonymous status to impersonate other people bother me and ruin it for the other posters.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:35 pm

balla45 wrote:You would be correct. I started changing all of easterner's post to radball as they are the same poster. One unique thing about our edit feature is that if we log in to view the details of a post, it shows us other posters who have posted from that same machine, same i.p., etc, but there are a few options. When I open up one of easterner's posts, it shows that the only other person who has posted from that machine is radball.

I have been personally been a moderator on this site for a very long time. I have banned very few people. I would have had no issue with radball/easterner posting if he had not lied about being a D1 scout. It does not even really bother me that he lies about being related to Marx. I think it is cool that he has so much passion for her accomplishments and is proud. I just take issue with blatantly lying about being a D1 coach.

I sign my name to all of my posts as I think it is fair. I rarely will look in to who people are, as I think one thing that makes this site fun is anonymity. That said, people who use the anonymous status to impersonate other people bother me and ruin it for the other posters.

You just got owned Radball/easterner!!!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls