2015 Coach of the Year

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015 Coach of the Year

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:22 am

This is one award that I am usually baffled by when the name is announced. Who wins this year? My vote is for Julie Stewart from Minot Ryan. My second choice (and could easily be my 1st) Melvin Packineau from Parshall.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: 2015 Coach of the Year

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm

This award seems to go to the coach who puts together a great regular season record. Given that, you might see a guy like Piatz from Kindred win it since he got his team through the season undefeated. They didn't really have a star, just a bunch of hard-working girls who bought in to Piatz's way of doing things. You can't go wrong with Stewart either.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Hinsa wrote:This award seems to go to the coach who puts together a great regular season record. Given that, you might see a guy like Piatz from Kindred win it since he got his team through the season undefeated. They didn't really have a star, just a bunch of hard-working girls who bought in to Piatz's way of doing things. You can't go wrong with Stewart either.

I think I actually agree with Hinsa on this one.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Kind of weird analogy, but I think Ryan will pull a LOTR after it's final act winning all the awards. They'll have a clean sweep of state champion, Ms. BB, and COY, the streak, two 1st team all-staters, possibly a 2nd teamer as well.

If Stewart doesn't win COY, I imagine Piatz will get it.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:12 pm

east sider wrote:Kind of weird analogy, but I think Ryan will pull a LOTR after it's final act winning all the awards. They'll have a clean sweep of state champion, Ms. BB, and COY, the streak, two 1st team all-staters, possibly a 2nd teamer as well.

If Stewart doesn't win COY, I imagine Piatz will get it.

I don't think they get the sweep but will take most of the awards mentioned but if they do that is a great accomplishment.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls