Ms. Basketball

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Ms. Basketball

Postby nationalchamp00 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:10 pm

My predictions for Ms. Basketball
Candidates:
Stewart - Minot Ryan
Bohl - Minot Ryan
Freije - LAE
Jossart - Century
Klabo - Davies

Stewart will win because her name is the most well known. Remember, this award is SUPPOSED to be just a senior year award so the number of state championships that her and Bohl have won SHOULD be irrelevant.
nationalchamp00
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Ms. Basketball

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Can anyone or can run give us stats leading up to tournament. I'm personally thinking I would have to go with Fallyn from Lakota/Edmore or Klabo based on what I think would be leaders in senior year stats. Fallyn doesn't have the supporting players that Stewart has to help her out. Good luck to all individuals n teams. March Madness is here :D
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:35 pm

nationalchamp00 wrote:My predictions for Ms. Basketball
Candidates:
Stewart - Minot Ryan
Bohl - Minot Ryan
Freije - LAE
Jossart - Century
Klabo - Davies

Stewart will win because her name is the most well known. Remember, this award is SUPPOSED to be just a senior year award so the number of state championships that her and Bohl have won SHOULD be irrelevant.

I think this is a great list, but I guess I never have heard that it is a senior year award. I thought it was for the top senior.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Even based on career stats I still think those stats point to Fallyn.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:52 pm

kingjames101 wrote:Even based on career stats I still think those stats point to Fallyn.

She is a very deserving player.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm

kingjames101 wrote:Even based on career stats I still think those stats point to Fallyn.

If it was stats , maybe Freije wins and they dont need to vote, but the criteria used is best basketball player, and that is alot more subjective, remember this is a media vote, and they like the rest of us have their biases too...........I think there is some really good players this yr, and since i dont know the Class A players i can only say if it was Frieje vs Stewart, it would be very close and i am sure the media looks at who was recruited where, and even tho i would probably vote Frieje, it is close in my mind...........I will say Freije is the player i most likely want to pay to see play. :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm

yea, individual stats are ok, but the 2 stats(one not really a stat) are never looked at in Ms. Basketball are assist and defense. I don't know why they(nd writers or whomever decides the players) don't put the top 10 points,rebounds, assist people in a list and then look at the overall play on both ends. We all know girls basketball is really one sided(as in talent) either your really good team or horrible(its sad but true), not many in the middle, as scores indicate. So its kinda hard to judge player of the year with 78-30 point games every week. aka Ryan, F/E. Any half way decent shooter and ball handler can put up 30+ points if they play a team that don't play defense and play all the minutes in a blow out. After watching F/E's 4th game and 5th game, proof was right their. Defense was played one game and next none. Maybe i'm old school on this. I think i would include 1 more on this list, what i read in the paper for stats 15 ave rebounds, 11.5 points(before regions, and regions sounded like she played really good also), and she plays all positions. And sounds like she gets some blocks and steals every game(defense) and the team holds other teams to less than 42 per game(really good). Shaice marx , i'm not saying she would win Ms. BBall, but those are not bad stats, i would assume she had a couple triple doubles too with her team mates getting double digit points too. Doesn't Watfield City have a good player too?
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:10 pm

easterner wrote:yea, individual stats are ok, but the 2 stats(one not really a stat) are never looked at in Ms. Basketball are assist and defense. I don't know why they(nd writers or whomever decides the players) don't put the top 10 points,rebounds, assist people in a list and then look at the overall play on both ends. We all know girls basketball is really one sided(as in talent) either your really good team or horrible(its sad but true), not many in the middle, as scores indicate. So its kinda hard to judge player of the year with 78-30 point games every week. aka Ryan, F/E. Any half way decent shooter and ball handler can put up 30+ points if they play a team that don't play defense and play all the minutes in a blow out. After watching F/E's 4th game and 5th game, proof was right their. Defense was played one game and next none. Maybe i'm old school on this. I think i would include 1 more on this list, what i read in the paper for stats 15 ave rebounds, 11.5 points(before regions, and regions sounded like she played really good also), and she plays all positions. And sounds like she gets some blocks and steals every game(defense) and the team holds other teams to less than 42 per game(really good). Shaice marx , i'm not saying she would win Ms. BBall, but those are not bad stats, i would assume she had a couple triple doubles too with her team mates getting double digit points too. Doesn't Watfield City have a good player too?

Looks whose back, back again! Are you a D1 scout?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:22 pm

packers21 wrote:
easterner wrote:yea, individual stats are ok, but the 2 stats(one not really a stat) are never looked at in Ms. Basketball are assist and defense. I don't know why they(nd writers or whomever decides the players) don't put the top 10 points,rebounds, assist people in a list and then look at the overall play on both ends. We all know girls basketball is really one sided(as in talent) either your really good team or horrible(its sad but true), not many in the middle, as scores indicate. So its kinda hard to judge player of the year with 78-30 point games every week. aka Ryan, F/E. Any half way decent shooter and ball handler can put up 30+ points if they play a team that don't play defense and play all the minutes in a blow out. After watching F/E's 4th game and 5th game, proof was right their. Defense was played one game and next none. Maybe i'm old school on this. I think i would include 1 more on this list, what i read in the paper for stats 15 ave rebounds, 11.5 points(before regions, and regions sounded like she played really good also), and she plays all positions. And sounds like she gets some blocks and steals every game(defense) and the team holds other teams to less than 42 per game(really good). Shaice marx , i'm not saying she would win Ms. BBall, but those are not bad stats, i would assume she had a couple triple doubles too with her team mates getting double digit points too. Doesn't Watfield City have a good player too?

Looks whose back, back again! Are you a D1 scout?

Soon as i started reading, thought the same thing :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby easterner » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:24 pm

:D ?, i'm a IT director, but played basketball and track for NSU for 4 yrs and went to camps at NDSU, have a relative at Kindred that plays off the bench. I take it i missed something. But i don't really care either, state bball is here!! and i have tuesday on off to head up to minot!! prefer it was at Bismark or fargo though. :D
easterner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fandb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Candidates:
Stewart - Minot Ryan
Bohl - Minot Ryan
Freije - LAE
Jossart - Century
Klabo - Davies

I have read a number of posts lately that list Bishop Ryan in some form or another as "BOHL STEWART" or vice versa. There are dozens of young ladies who have sacrificed and contributed to the TEAMS success.
May I offer an opinion?

Since taking over the program 4 years ago, Coach Julie Stewart has built a team around hard work, accepting roles, and teamwork. That formula has lead to District, Regional, and State championships. I may ad this formula while successful, has not lead to any "Coach of the year" awards.
Awards are for the public to ponder. Championships are for TEAMS to win.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm

fandb wrote:
Candidates:
Stewart - Minot Ryan
Bohl - Minot Ryan
Freije - LAE
Jossart - Century
Klabo - Davies

I have read a number of posts lately that list Bishop Ryan in some form or another as "BOHL STEWART" or vice versa. There are dozens of young ladies who have sacrificed and contributed to the TEAMS success.
May I offer an opinion?

Since taking over the program 4 years ago, Coach Julie Stewart has built a team around hard work, accepting roles, and teamwork. That formula has lead to District, Regional, and State championships. I may ad this formula while successful, has not lead to any "Coach of the year" awards.

Well with all do fairness, and i am not close to a Ryan hater, i actually cheer for them........no doubt Stewart is a good coach, her coaching in college has to say something........but with that said, anyone with the talent she had last yr and this yr didnt have to do any coaching that anyone else would have done, i actually have been perplexed at times at how they have played, but i also understand that it is hard to play up when you know you are going to win by 40 plus and in some games know you could have won by 150pts if you wanted too........I do want to add also tho, that the Wald girl and the Schmidt girl are super players and in my opinion Wald girl has a chance for all state second team.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm

So going by championship rings doesn't really lead us to the best individual skilled basketball player. That may be due to supporting cast or coaches that team might have. Rebounds,assists,points,are all stats that don't lie. So If Maya Moore doesn't win championships n doesn't play for a big name city does that determine if she is the best WNBA player? Championship wins to me tells who the better team is n might have a great player with great supporting cast but doesn't actually mean that individual is the best player. Stats of the individual n if she greatly improves her teammates stats vs if she wasn't on the court. What I'm getting at is that a championship is a team award not individual.
We r talking about a independent players stats, style of play, heart n dedication for the game as a individual for their career of high school basketball. College of choice really shouldn't matter for this award.
Looking forward to thoughts?
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:02 pm

nolan4 wrote:
fandb wrote:
Candidates:
Stewart - Minot Ryan
Bohl - Minot Ryan
Freije - LAE
Jossart - Century
Klabo - Davies

May I offer an opinion?

Well with all do fairness, and i am not close to a Ryan hater, i actually cheer for them........no doubt Stewart is a good coach, her coaching in college has to say something........but with that said, anyone with the talent she had last yr and this yr didnt have to do any coaching that anyone else would have done, i actually have been perplexed at times at how they have played, but i also understand that it is hard to play up when you know you are going to win by 40 plus and in some games know you could have won by 150pts if you wanted too........I do want to add also tho, that the Wald girl and the Schmidt girl are super players and in my opinion Wald girl has a chance for all state second team.

It's too bad that nobody told Coach Stewart that anyone could have done her job, and still have success. I am sure she would have appreciated the extra time at home to help develop a few more all-staters.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fandb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Nolan: but with that said, anyone with the talent she had last yr and this yr didn't have to do any coaching that anyone else would have done,

I would agree that Ryan has talent. But to down play a coaches role in the success is lacking an understanding of what goes into coaching.
Just rolling out the balls is not coaching.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 pm

I don't know about that, kinda easy to coach when you have numbers to choose from and good players coming to you. But i'm bias against Private schools not having to go by the same rules as public on sports and enrollment. But thats another story. Im just hoping for a good close tournament.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby fandb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:16 pm

easterner wrote:I don't know about that, kinda easy to coach when you have numbers to choose from and good players coming to you. But i'm bias against Private schools not having to go by the same rules as public on sports and enrollment. But thats another story. Im just hoping for a good close tournament.

I will just say WOW!!!!

You managed to struggle me in under a different name :lol:
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:32 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
fandb wrote:
Candidates:
Stewart - Minot Ryan
Bohl - Minot Ryan
Freije - LAE
Jossart - Century
Klabo - Davies

May I offer an opinion?

It's too bad that nobody told Coach Stewart that anyone could have done her job, and still have success. I am sure she would have appreciated the extra time at home to help develop a few more all-staters.

Actually somebody did.....that is all I will say.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:40 pm

fandb wrote:Nolan: but with that said, anyone with the talent she had last yr and this yr didn't have to do any coaching that anyone else would have done,

I would agree that Ryan has talent. But to down play a coaches role in the success is lacking an understanding of what goes into coaching.
Just rolling out the balls is not coaching.

I think you misunderstood me a little , maybe not.......I think any decent coach could have brought this team to where they were this yr and last yr, not so sure the previous yrs, her best job was when this yrs girls seniors were freshman............so she is a good coach(knowlege), going by her resume, but these last 2 yrs are not what made her a good coach, it was many previous yrs. IMO.......So i do have a question, if they dont make state next yr or next 5 yrs, does that make her a bad coach? NO.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:42 pm

I totally disagree. I've watched several times the best talent lose due to being out coached. Minot Ryan is not one of those teams that u can coach with a hangover. These kids need guidance n direction. Coaches find the best way to implement the talented players with teammates keeping the flow of the kids. Coaching is not easy n or is it a good paying opportunity. U do it for the love of the game n hope to get the recognition of a state tournament or championship which is slim percent for most coaches. Numbers can help to find talent n talent can make coaching easier but also good talent can make it nightmare for coaching with different personalities.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fandb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Easterner quotes:
It's too bad that nobody told Coach Stewart that anyone could have done her job, and still have success. I am sure she would have appreciated the extra time at home to help develop a few more all-staters

That is a cheap shot that i did not even think you would stoop too.

How is your DI team doing this year? Pretty smart for a new poster!
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 pm

easterner wrote:I don't know about that, kinda easy to coach when you have numbers to choose from and good players coming to you. But i'm bias against Private schools not having to go by the same rules as public on sports and enrollment. But thats another story. Im just hoping for a good close tournament.

WELCOME BACK RADBALL!!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:48 pm

easterner wrote::D ?, i'm a IT director, but played basketball and track for NSU for 4 yrs and went to camps at NDSU, have a relative at Kindred that plays off the bench. I take it i missed something. But i don't really care either, state bball is here!! and i have tuesday on off to head up to minot!! prefer it was at Bismark or fargo though. :D

Talk about Marx---check
Talks about Kindred--check
Marks relative from Aberdeen--check
Good to read more of your lies Radball!!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
easterner wrote::D ?, i'm a IT director, but played basketball and track for NSU for 4 yrs and went to camps at NDSU, have a relative at Kindred that plays off the bench. I take it i missed something. But i don't really care either, state bball is here!! and i have tuesday on off to head up to minot!! prefer it was at Bismark or fargo though. :D

Talk about Marx---check
Talks about Kindred--check
Marks relative from Aberdeen--check
Good to read more of your lies Radball!!

Lol I would favorite this over n over. I'm still LOL :lol:
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Although I can say with 99% certainty that easterner and Radball are the same poster, at least this time he did not lie about who he is completely.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls