2015 STATE TOURNEY

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Bishop Ryan
57%
Kindred
7%
Lakota/Edmore
17%
Thompson
7%
Parshall
2%
LaMoure-LM
5%
Shiloh Christian
5%
Dickinson Trinity
No votes

Total votes : 42

Re: 2015 STATE TOURNEY

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Kindred's late game situations definitely aren't always the smartest...they've had issues putting teams away.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Parshall definitely proved that they deserved to be there. They were exhausted and it showed at the line, but they played with a lot of heart. Kindred definitely wasn't in a hurry to wrap it up tho. Great 1st game!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Parshall makes free throws game over in regulation.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Can't see too clearly on my computer, but are Dave Nelsen and Brett Moser reffing the second game?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 pm

L-L/M are trying to make L/E win with someone else other than Freije, and its working. She had some nice assists, but no scoring in the 2 quarter. L-L/M up by 2 at the half.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDBaller32 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:56 pm

They Way I See It After Watching The Afternoon Games..The State Championship Game Will Be Played Tonight At 6:30pm Shiloh- Bishop Ryan... Those two teams are the best in the state this year in class B.. It will be fun to watch.. D-1 players on both teams..
NDBaller32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Wow! L-L/M played most of the game with all freshmen. Great win for a team that simply "out-teamed" their opponent!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby siouxforever7 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm

After watching that Lamoure-LM vs. Lakota-Edmore game... I hope everyone is ready for three more years of Anna Holen!
siouxforever7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:54 pm

siouxforever7 wrote:After watching that Lamoure-LM vs. Lakota-Edmore game... I hope everyone is ready for three more years of Anna Holen!

In VB & BB!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby six2one » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Mayville state women basketball coaches and some players put on a basketball clinic last summer over in llm. Heard there they will have some pretty good players coming up. Not only the players learn something but the coaches will pick something too.
six2one
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:59 pm

siouxforever7 wrote:After watching that Lamoure-LM vs. Lakota-Edmore game... I hope everyone is ready for three more years of Anna Holen!

I'm excited to just watch her the next 2 nights! L-L/M was simply too quick. L/E got into a lot of foul trouble because they couldn't move fast enough so they reached in a lot.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby six2one » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:39 pm

There is one key word it's called quick. If you have a good running quick players that can read the game and each other. You can run the other team off the court both physically and mentally. If you can get the other team run with you. They don't have a chance to get into there defense in place. You have to have some sort of a bench to go with that. Llm was one step ahead of lakota both ends of the court. They just kept fighting until the horn sounded. Fun to watch that in high school.
six2one
NDPreps Reserve

Postby east sider » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:20 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

I'm excited to just watch her the next 2 nights! L-L/M was simply too quick. L/E got into a lot of foul trouble because they couldn't move fast enough so they reached in a lot.

What year is the other guard? I believe her name was Hoff(?), she was very quick and nobody from L/E could keep up with her.

I hate to question decisions by a coaching staff that has made it to state 3 years in a row, but L/E didn't seem to make any adjustments on the offensive end. On the other hand they seemed to miss a lot of good looks.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsrap » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:42 pm

I thought the same think L/E got out coached. I guess I would assume they had seen box and 1 a lot over the year and were prepared for it but give credit to LaMoure they had a game plan offensively and defensively and executed from start to finish. LLM may be young be they have a ton of experience most of them played in state volleyball as 8th graders and sophomores last year when they finished 2nd. Holen was all state in volleyball this year.
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby wolves40 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Hoff is a junior and has really nice speed. I have seen a handful of LLM games and you didn't get to see them push the ball tonight as much as they did in the Region tourney. I give a lot of credit to Mitch Carlson for LLM's success. He's been out of coaching for awhile, but got back in when this co-op formed 3 years ago. Previously, he was at Dickey Central HS (Fullerton and Monago) back in the late 80's early 90's. He got the Cougars to the Region championship game in 1988. They lost to eventual state champion Braddock. After he left DC, he went to Edmunds Central HS (Roscoe and Hosmer, SD). Within a few years of being there he led them to the South Dakota Class B state championship game. They lost by 2, but almost made a miracle half court 3 to win it. He's been successful every place he's coached and it's fun to watch patient, unselfish team ball. Congrats to them.
wolves40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sleepy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Katrina Hoff is a junior who can usually move faster than anyone else on the court. The main part of this game was the LLM defense. Taylor Hebl always draws the tough defensive assignment and was the main chaser on Freije today. She certainly had Freije frustrated. Hebl also had a good offensive day and was probably the MVP of the game. I am surprised that nobody else was able to slow Freije down all year?
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDBaller32 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Once again the East Teams get all the Hype and almost lost in a sweep..2 seed barely beat Parshall.. 3 Seed got out played .. 4th Seed didn't deserve being in the top four.. Horrible showing for the east.. Hope they seed better next year has Bishop Ryan will win by 40 points or more the rest of the way..
NDBaller32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Not taking anything away from LLM they played a game of 4 smart quarters. I saw tension among Lakota Girls today in their game play. Not the usual teamwork communication that they had n could see it in the stands tonight with girls. Simple timing of passes was weak no true screens being set. Fallyn got open but they didn't get the ball to her with timing n when she had the ball the girls were not cutting like they usually do.
Yes I understand LLM played good defense but they went away from everything that worked for them. She had 1on1 when the double team came nobody was moving to dish too. Fallyn probably should have brought the ball up like during season etc to have speed off the dribble to drive get sum flow going etc. like I said not taking anything away from LLM but Lakota took themselves out of that game today. They have saw this defense before but you do what the coaching staff tells you. Good luck Fans!!!
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:56 pm

NDBaller32 wrote:Once again the East Teams get all the Hype and almost lost in a sweep..2 seed barely beat Parshall.. 3 Seed got out played .. 4th Seed didn't deserve being in the top four.. Horrible showing for the east.. Hope they seed better next year has Bishop Ryan will win by 40 points or more the rest of the way..

Yeah you are right.. I won't argue that at all but remember these are High School girls. Let's not get to much bashing going on they are only kids. Minot is a solid team n will probably win no question.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:20 am

Yep, those west teams...... from Minot and Dickinson.

Just think if Shiloh hadn't got a screwjob on not getting seeded, huh? We could have Bismarck, Minot, and Dickinson to laud Class B west praises over in the semis.

This tourney is a farce and our state is a joke. Feel good about your west crap.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:31 am

east sider wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

What year is the other guard? I believe her name was Hoff(?), she was very quick and nobody from L/E could keep up with her.

I hate to question decisions by a coaching staff that has made it to state 3 years in a row, but L/E didn't seem to make any adjustments on the offensive end. On the other hand they seemed to miss a lot of good looks.

I think a lot of people think its easy to coach talented teams especially ones with a premier player. When an all-stater is struggling, coaches tend to wait for her to snap out of it. It is also difficult to coach very young teams. They could have talent, but its rare to see much composure in high stress situations. Minot Ryan and LL-M displayed outstanding coaching. Also, I think somebody commented on Ryan being fast down the court, and was laughed at since they were so tall. Well, they are the fastest team in the state tournament. They definitely run and gun, and their height advantage is used in passing down court more than the traditional posting up offenses.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:07 am

I was really impressed with the Holen girl from LLM and Maddie Wald from Ryan from yesterday's games. Thought they really stood out with their play and can't believe Holen is only a freshman.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EastBeast » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:45 am

Heimer-Whiner. New breed of sad dog. but, only plays well with kids from
towns of 700 or less.
EastBeast
NDPreps Rookie

Postby siouxforever7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:58 am

So lets talk predictions for today. If Kindred gets into trouble again today like they did yesterday, will they shoot themselves in the foot? If they close the semi final game in the same fashion as the quarterfinal, we may see an upset. Thoughts?
siouxforever7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:17 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
ninja_joe wrote:Thursday, March 5th
G1: #2 Kindred (24-0) vs. Parshall (20-5)
G2: #3 Lakota/Edmore (22-2) vs. LaMoure-LM (21-4)
G3: #1 Bishop Ryan (23-1) vs. Shiloh Christian (22-2)
G4: #4 Thompson (22-2) vs. Dickinson Trinity (19-5)

I'm going with Trinity in an upset in the first round. Kindred's depth pulls away from L-E late in the semifinals. Ryan rolls with two 20 point wins in the first two round. Ryan edges Kindred in the championship.

1st - Ryan
2nd - Kindred
3rd - L-E
4th - Trinity
5th - LLM
6th - Shiloh
7th - Thompson
8th - Parshall

After watching all the games yesterday, I'm going to stick with my original predictions except for switching L-E and LLM. I think Kindred plays better today and pulls out a close one over LLM. L-E rebounds and tops Parshall. Trinity could give Bishop Ryan some trouble tonight as they match up well, but I still have Ryan pulling away late to win by 15.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Girls