Starting 5

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Starting 5

Postby fandb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:11 am

Put your class B girls starting five and 1 sub on the floor to represent ND in IMAGINARY USA HS challenge.
Good luck.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Re: Starting 5

Postby Nodak Guy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:10 am

Stewart -Ryan
Bohl - Ryan
Nudell - Maple Valley
Freijie - Lakota-AE
Wald - Ryan
Not sure about my bench player yet
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 am

Nodak Guy wrote:Stewart -Ryan
Bohl - Ryan
Nudell - Maple Valley
Freijie - Lakota-AE
Wald - Ryan
Not sure about my bench player yet

I guess I would put Jaye Two Bears in for Wald, and have Wald as the 1st off the bench.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 am

1 Freije 2-1
2 Stewart 3
3 Nudell 1-2
4 Kvilvang 5
5 Bohl 4
Bench Katie Mogen
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby layup » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 am

I don't have a problem with any of these lineups but Wald is the only true point guard on the list and great teams have a great point guard. She has a complete game and maybe is the best defensive guard in class b. IMO, Two Bears is much more effective as a 2 or 3 and does not shoot it as well as Wald. Freije and Nudell also would be much more effective off the point. Kvilvang, although her size is imposing, is not at the level of the other bigs (yet) on this list. Stewart, Bohl and Freije have not had any trouble scoring on her. But all players listed are solid.
Last edited by layup on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
layup
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 am

Give me NodakGuy's five and add Kilvang and I'd be set!
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Stewart
Bohl
Freije
Nudell
Two Bears
Bench - Marx - Thompson

Two Bears has all the point guard skills. She would have to change her scorer's mentality a bit with this crew to run the point, but she will stretch defenses with her shooting.

Marx has great basketball skills as well. Uses both hands with no noticeable drop-off, has great court vision, and can score when needed, but it would not be needed with this team. She would be more than happy to set up the other four. Shutdown defender and outstanding rebounder as well.

And no, I do NOT work at a D1 school! :shock:
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Class B Lion's All Star team will or should be pretty stoudt(sp?) this summer.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:24 pm

All of these players mentioned are great ball players. With these players tho, a true point guard is not really needed considering even Stewart would not really play a post position. I would run a 2-3 option and look for a mismatch with Stewart all day.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:27 pm

nolan4 wrote:Class B Lion's All Star team will or should be pretty stoudt(sp?) this summer.

I would be curious if Freije and Stewart would actually be around to play on the All-Star team. I know in the past, D1 athletes are gone pretty quick after graduation. I would especially question whether Stewart could play.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:36 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
nolan4 wrote:Class B Lion's All Star team will or should be pretty stoudt(sp?) this summer.

I would be curious if Freije and Stewart would actually be around to play on the All-Star team. I know in the past, D1 athletes are gone pretty quick after graduation. I would especially question whether Stewart could play.

Even a tougher question, and maybe someone can start a topic on it, but Miss Basketball, Frieje or Stewart??? Both are very deserving, and I dont know that I have a solid opinion yet, but I love Frieje game, but Stewart hasnt had to do more than she has cause of the players around her........So will where the players are going influence the vote? Probably...............................Is there anyone else even really in the discussion?
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:43 pm

nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Even a tougher question, and maybe someone can start a topic on it, but Miss Basketball, Frieje or Stewart??? Both are very deserving, and I dont know that I have a solid opinion yet, but I love Frieje game, but Stewart hasnt had to do more than she has cause of the players around her........So will where the players are going influence the vote? Probably...............................Is there anyone else even really in the discussion?

I give the nod to Freije. She's done more to lead her team to state each season, where Stewart has had a lot more talent around her. Plus the numbers she has put up this season, especially in big games where her team has relied on her, have been ridiculous. But I can also see the voters looking more at where they are going (Iowa vs UND) and voting for Stewart. Could go either way really and I actually wouldn't be surprised to see co-winners. As for who else is in the discussion.....nobody.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:59 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I give the nod to Freije. She's done more to lead her team to state each season, where Stewart has had a lot more talent around her. Plus the numbers she has put up this season, especially in big games where her team has relied on her, have been ridiculous. But I can also see the voters looking more at where they are going (Iowa vs UND) and voting for Stewart. Could go either way really and I actually wouldn't be surprised to see co-winners. As for who else is in the discussion.....nobody.

Seriously? Lexi Klabo has to be in the discussion!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:45 pm

I would have Jaye Two Bears run the point, Fallyn Freije and Rylee Nudell on the wings, with Bohl and Stewart starting in the posts. Would bring Kvilvang off the bench. Freije can play the point when Two Bears is out. Stewart can slide to the three if we have Bohl and Kvilvang in at the same time. I would just run double high ball screen action in to pick and pop/roll stuff, and eventually get high low looks. Defensively, we are going to play a few different half court mans and zones, and dare teams to score over our length. Also like that all of my posts can step out and hit a perimeter jumper as/if needed.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

agreed Baller along with Jossart (Century)...problem is this is a B Girls thread and users only thinking "B" players
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 pm

obviously there will be others nominated and in the final group, but when it comes down to who wins it has to be either Freije or Stewart in my opinion
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby fandb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:25 pm

You are correct Run, Class B and starting 5 was the topic.
Putting a class A starting 5 would be fun as well.
I wonder if RUN or others could post the stats of the five or 7 girls mentioned along with team record.
Would be interesting to look at attempts from all 3 spots, assists, t/o's, blocks, steals.
All the averages.
This summers Lions B team should be a blast to watch. Too bad the 3 mentioned ended up at different Universities.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Stewart should get Miss Basketball. If the season finishes off as anticipated, 4 state tournament appearances, possibly 3 state championships, 3 MVP honors, 4 All-State recognition awards, and a college commitment to a Big 10 school. I don't really know any other athlete that has accomplished what she has, and shouldn't be penalized because she plays on a good team. Next year will be a bigger question. Do they go with Rylee Nudell who may break the all-time high school scoring record and has already verbally committed to a D1 school, or Sarah Jacobson who may have 3 Class A state championships and MVP honors, and whose mom was the 1st winner?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

agreed Baller along with Jossart (Century)...problem is this is a B Girls thread and users only thinking "B" players

The tough part for a Class A girl to win is that the 2 best players in Class A are juniors. Asvig from Minot and Jacobson from Shanley.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby go maji » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I would be curious if Freije and Stewart would actually be around to play on the All-Star team. I kntow in the past, D1 athletes are gone pretty quick after graduation. I would especially question whether Stewart could play.

You took the words right out of my mouth. klabo definitely deserves a nod. 27 ppg 9rpg 2 bpg against class A competition.

No offense to Ryan's accomplishments, but how many times has a class B player won Mr basketball on stats alone? Whereas the class A player had a better career. But they still lost. Just saying
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Kvilvang stats -- 18.4 ppg, 12.2 rebs, 4.4 blks, 76% FT, 2-pt % 42%, 3-pt % 42%. That block average is low, there were at least 3 games were blocked shot stats weren't kept (either that or we had 0 blocked shots those games for every player. I don't think that's likely).
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

go maji wrote:
Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I would be curious if Freije and Stewart would actually be around to play on the All-Star team. I kntow in the past, D1 athletes are gone pretty quick after graduation. I would especially question whether Stewart could play.

You took the words right out of my mouth. klabo definitely deserves a nod. 27 ppg 9rpg 2 bpg against class A competition.

No offense to Ryan's accomplishments, but how many times has a class B player won Mr basketball on stats alone? Whereas the class A player had a better career. But they still lost. Just saying

Schanilec, M-M (not sure of the year), Langstaff, Warwick (was a good player but gaudy stats helped), etc. It actually happens more then you think. Of my two listed above Langstaff deserved it more but his gaudy stats helped
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

The tough part for a Class A girl to win is that the 2 best players in Class A are juniors. Asvig from Minot and Jacobson from Shanley.

Klabo is averaging 27 and 9 with a D1 commitment. Hard to say that Askvig and Jacobson are definitively better.

Also, I disagree with using Stewart's scholarship as a HUGE thing in her favor. Two Bears won't win next year and has the best offer sheet of any ND player.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:16 pm

balla45 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Klabo is averaging 27 and 9 with a D1 commitment. Hard to say that Askvig and Jacobson are definitively better.

Also, I disagree with using Stewart's scholarship as a HUGE thing in her favor. Two Bears won't win next year and has the best offer sheet of any ND player.

That must be so far???!!! Cuz i cant imagine Jacobsen not being able to pretty much go anywhere she wants , maybe other than a Top 10 program, I assumed she was the best player in the state already, but maybe i am missing something to her game, to me she is incredibly good.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:20 pm

I am hoping the best of ND athletes stay in ND now that we have a couple D2 and a couple D1 programs.......we follow them in high school then never hear of many of them again, or would be nice on a platform like ND preps if someone was willing to follow former top ND basketball players thru their college yrs. :) and update us minions :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls