District Tournaments

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District Tournaments

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Last night a lot of very good games at district tournaments and few upsets. Also the play in games there were some very good games with outcome not decided till the fourth quarter. I think this will setup for very good regionals with teams gaining confidence that they can play with top teams and maybe pull a upset here or there. Also it gave the teams some very pressure games in front of large crowd and experience of playing in tournament atmosphere. The super region now is going to be interesting to watch and see how teams respond with this setup. Most of teams at least region 2 have not played in any tournament and they will be experiencing there first tournament at the region and it will be interesting how these teams respond to playing without playing in tournament. Also they won't have chance of coming around through on double elimination format. I believe not having experience playing in tournament before this is going to effect performance of some of the team especially young teams. It will be interesting to see what effects and what teams think of this format.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: District Tournaments

Postby nolan4 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:Last night a lot of very good games at district tournaments and few upsets. Also the play in games there were some very good games with outcome not decided till the fourth quarter. I think this will setup for very good regionals with teams gaining confidence that they can play with top teams and maybe pull a upset here or there. Also it gave the teams some very pressure games in front of large crowd and experience of playing in tournament atmosphere. The super region now is going to be interesting to watch and see how teams respond with this setup. Most of teams at least region 2 have not played in any tournament and they will be experiencing there first tournament at the region and it will be interesting how these teams respond to playing without playing in tournament. Also they won't have chance of coming around through on double elimination format. I believe not having experience playing in tournament before this is going to effect performance of some of the team especially young teams. It will be interesting to see what effects and what teams think of this format.

I think not playing in a tournament has no bearing on winning or losing, not sure if this is what you are implying or just implying no second chances...........but I would guess 90-95% of teams that went to state tourneys were teams that won their districts, can anyone find that out for the last 10 yrs????..........To me, at least in the "old" days LOL, tournaments were 3 days in a row, now you play one or 2 days in a row with a break, until state, so it is not as important as it use to be, IMO :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:20 am

nolan4 wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:Last night a lot of very good games at district tournaments and few upsets. Also the play in games there were some very good games with outcome not decided till the fourth quarter. I think this will setup for very good regionals with teams gaining confidence that they can play with top teams and maybe pull a upset here or there. Also it gave the teams some very pressure games in front of large crowd and experience of playing in tournament atmosphere. The super region now is going to be interesting to watch and see how teams respond with this setup. Most of teams at least region 2 have not played in any tournament and they will be experiencing there first tournament at the region and it will be interesting how these teams respond to playing without playing in tournament. Also they won't have chance of coming around through on double elimination format. I believe not having experience playing in tournament before this is going to effect performance of some of the team especially young teams. It will be interesting to see what effects and what teams think of this format.

I think not playing in a tournament has no bearing on winning or losing, not sure if this is what you are implying or just implying no second chances...........but I would guess 90-95% of teams that went to state tourneys were teams that won their districts, can anyone find that out for the last 10 yrs????..........To me, at least in the "old" days LOL, tournaments were 3 days in a row, now you play one or 2 days in a row with a break, until state, so it is not as important as it use to be, IMO :)

I think it will add a little more excitement to the post season. It may not affect the 1st round as much this year, but I think the semi-finals could get interesting. If all the regions would follow the super region format, regular season games would be a bigger factor especially if there are at least 3 strong teams fighting for seeding.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nolan4 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:13 pm

nolan4 wrote:

I have a feeling my 90-95% will be tested this yr in Region 3, i dont think the 1st place team from either district tourney is going to win this, but I still dont mind the Super Regionals format at all, even if i am wrong about the percentages :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:40 pm

nolan4 wrote:
nolan4 wrote:

I have a feeling my 90-95% will be tested this yr in Region 3, i dont think the 1st place team from either district tourney is going to win this, but I still dont mind the Super Regionals format at all, even if i am wrong about the percentages :)

This year 7 of the 8 Region champs were also District champs, so that is 87.5%, so i dont know if this makes me right or wrong, but close enuf ;) lol
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 pm

LOL, you are correct, 5 of 6
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls