2015 Region Tourneys

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015 Region Tourneys

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:48 pm

I was looking back by past state champions it showed it was 2008 when Lakota went to the state. I was just thinking it was 2007 but your right when MW-Leeds went and yes Adams-Edmore when they were together as a combined school with the high school in Edmore.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Maybe NRS went in 2009 then? I must have them switched
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:13 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Maybe NRS went in 2009 then? I must have them switched

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=11587

Last 10 Years
2005: Langdon (1st)
2006: Adams-Edmore (7th)
2007: Minn-Leeds (5th)
2008: Lakota (7th)
2009: NR-Sheyenne (4th)
2010: Carrington (3rd)
2011: Carrington (1st)
2012: Lakota-AE (6th)
2013: Benson County (5th)
2014: Lakota/Edmore (5th)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:05 pm

NS vs Lakota-Edmore highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6QhfK1y0s

I grouped FF's highlights starting at 5:20. We missed her last two baskets of the game.

Not that it would have made a difference in the final outcome, but in her next two years, I hope Kvilvang gets the same 'no calls' as Freije gets.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Final: Thompson 53 Park River-Fordville 48
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Seed Projections:
1 Bishop Ryan
2 Kindred
3 Lakota-Edmore
4 Thompson or Shiloh? I would say Thompson, but i would rather get a draw than be the 4 seed, take my chances i get in the opposite bracket from Ryan
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby momofathletes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:REGION 2
@ Grafton
February 20, 23, 24, 27

Friday, February 20th
G1: #9 Cavalier def. #8 Larimore 48-33
G2: #4 Grafton def. #13 Griggs County Central 68-16
G3: #5 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page def. #12 Hatton-Northwood 55-26
G4: #7 North Border def. #10 May-Port-CG 48-40
G5: #6 Midway-Minto def. #11 Drayton/Valley-Edinburg 66-51

Monday, February 23rd
G6: #1 Thompson def. #9 Cavalier 71-37
G7: #4 Grafton def. #5 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 57-41
G8: #2 Park River-FL def. #7 North Border 69-36
G9: #3 Hillsboro-Central Valley def. #6 Midway-Minto 45-38

Tuesday, February 24th
G10: #1 Thompson def. #4 Grafton 40-39
G11: #2 Park River-FL def. #3 Hillsboro-Central Valley 52-41

Friday, February 27th
3rd Place: #3 Hillsboro-Central Valley def. #4 Grafton 51-44
Championship: #1 Thompson def. #2 Park River-FL 53-48

1st: Thompson (22-2)
2nd: Park River-FL (19-5)
3rd: Hillsboro-Central Valley (17-7)
4th: Grafton (17-8)

Senior Athlete of the Year: Mackenzie Irwin, Midway-Minto
Coach of the Year: Jason Brend, Thompson

All Region 2 Team:
Helen Shuster and Mackenzie Irwin: Midway-Minto
Emily Overby, Shaice Marx, Samantha Hegg: Thompson
Kylie Pastian and Rachel Murphy: Hillsboro-Central Valley
Jillian Hanson and Emma Suda: Grafton
Hannah Swartz: Park River-Fordville-Lankin
Brittany Georgeson: Larimore
Lexi Archer: Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:52 pm

What is it about Ms. Freije that brings so much comparison, anamosity, jealousy, and attention. I have seen more comments and comparisons to and about her than any other single player/s in the state outside of the twin towers from the metropolitan, large, private, Bishop Ryan Lions.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 pm

BigCat wrote:What is it about Ms. Freije that brings so much comparison, anamosity, jealousy, and attention. I have seen more comments and comparisons to and about her than any other single player/s in the state outside of the twin towers from the metropolitan, large, private, Bishop Ryan Lions.

Besides one single, clueless poster on here - who I believe actually got banned - I have not seen any examples of what you're describing. She is a phenomenal talent, I would not hesitate to say one of the best in state history. It was brought up before and I still believe it that the individual talent of the best players in this state have never been higher than this years Sr./Jr. class.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:18 pm

east sider wrote:
BigCat wrote:What is it about Ms. Freije that brings so much comparison, anamosity, jealousy, and attention. I have seen more comments and comparisons to and about her than any other single player/s in the state outside of the twin towers from the metropolitan, large, private, Bishop Ryan Lions.

Besides one single, clueless poster on here - who I believe actually got banned - I have not seen any examples of what you're describing. She is a phenomenal talent, I would not hesitate to say one of the best in state history. It was brought up before and I still believe it that the individual talent of the best players in this state have never been higher than this years Sr./Jr. class.

Look back 5 posts in this thread. Someone hopes that their player gets the same "no calls" as FF. There have been others as well, but Im too lazy to go hunting for them. Also, I agree that shes a very good player. However, in your zeal to defend, I think you took a leap with your "best in state history" comment. Good, Great, phenomenal, yes! Legendary and best in state history, uhhhhh, okay!!!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:58 pm

check the obvious push-off at 4:05-4:10 in the video. There was a least one more similar play but it didn't result in a basket so I didn't include it. I'm not downplaying her capability at all--just saying that anyone else doing that would have been whistled for a foul.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:24 pm

vikingman wrote:check the obvious push-off at 4:05-4:10 in the video. There was a least one more similar play but it didn't result in a basket so I didn't include it. I'm not downplaying her capability at all--just saying that anyone else doing that would have been whistled for a foul.

rather obvious.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby east sider » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:37 am

BigCat wrote:
east sider wrote:

Look back 5 posts in this thread. Someone hopes that their player gets the same "no calls" as FF. There have been others as well, but Im too lazy to go hunting for them. Also, I agree that shes a very good player. However, in your zeal to defend, I think you took a leap with your "best in state history" comment. Good, Great, phenomenal, yes! Legendary and best in state history, uhhhhh, okay!!!

Well it looks like we just opened up a can of worms that can't be unopened. Let's get it rolling then, I"ll start:
4x 1st Team All Stater.
3 State Tournament appearances
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=10816&start=75
Check out page 4 in the above link for her stats in the state tourney her Freshman year
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=12155
Above link is for stats for Jr. year at state
47 points and 16 rebounds in her last game against the next best team in the region
And is currently the hot topic of potential Ms. Basketball with another girl who will be a 4x all state, potentially 3x state champion, longest win streak in Class B history, and commit to D1 Big 10.

Please give me your list of all the players you can think of with better accolades, I'm VERY curious
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:42 am

What is it about FF that brings so much of that stuff?? It's for one reason....she's good. In this case, she's obviously one of the best in the state. It happens all the time, girls and boys side. The people who are fans of said player defend and go to back for them. The people who aren't fans....well they kind of do the opposite. Lovers and haters, I guess. You can't really argue with numbers and success, however.

As far as the "no call" on the obvious push off.....to me, the comment is completely unnecessary. Before I say this, note that it is pure sarcasm: I'm sure that there were no calls that went in North Star's favor.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:38 am

Sticks11 wrote:What is it about FF that brings so much of that stuff?? It's for one reason....she's good. In this case, she's obviously one of the best in the state. It happens all the time, girls and boys side. The people who are fans of said player defend and go to back for them. The people who aren't fans....well they kind of do the opposite. Lovers and haters, I guess. You can't really argue with numbers and success, however.

As far as the "no call" on the obvious push off.....to me, the comment is completely unnecessary. Before I say this, note that it is pure sarcasm: I'm sure that there were no calls that went in North Star's favor.

Frankly, the whole conversation and back and forth is rather hilarious. You have sellers like eastsider and haters like RB. The whole thing actually bores me, but its kind of fun to push buttons some times to see how far the sellers will go before exposing themselves. You could read this thread a hundred times and find the same people never using the word TEAM. I guess it makes sense as I never see state champions on the lists during their sales pitch. Thats probably what bores me the most.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 am

BigCat wrote:
Sticks11 wrote:What is it about FF that brings so much of that stuff?? It's for one reason....she's good. In this case, she's obviously one of the best in the state. It happens all the time, girls and boys side. The people who are fans of said player defend and go to back for them. The people who aren't fans....well they kind of do the opposite. Lovers and haters, I guess. You can't really argue with numbers and success, however.

Frankly, the whole conversation and back and forth is rather hilarious. You have sellers like eastsider and haters like RB. The whole thing actually bores me, but its kind of fun to push buttons some times to see how far the sellers will go before exposing themselves. You could read this thread a hundred times and find the same people never using the word TEAM. I guess it makes sense as I never see state champions on the lists during their sales pitch. Thats probably what bores me the most.

I think a State Championship should be the #1 thing to look at. Its a team sport. Anyone who follows Class B basketball respects how hard it is to get to State. So winning a State Championship or 2 or 3 is huge. I am curious...does anyone know when Bottineau won their 3 state championships if the same player was voted MVP?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
BigCat wrote:

I think a State Championship should be the #1 thing to look at. Its a team sport. Anyone who follows Class B basketball respects how hard it is to get to State. So winning a State Championship or 2 or 3 is huge. I am curious...does anyone know when Bottineau won their 3 state championships if the same player was voted MVP?

Thank you!! You made my day. Don't get me wrong, its good and fun to celebrate the freaks (my way of complementing the studs) and the site would run short of topics without it. However, included in all of these sales pitches and individual scoring stats, etc. I never hear the sellers of the individuals ever comment about the indiividuals that got them the ball and assisted them in being a 40 a night player. I've yet to see anyone quick enough to take the ball out, throw it in to themselves, catch it, drive the floor, throw it to themselves, and make the basket all in one move. :)
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Some players are blessed with and/or work hard to improve their tangible assets: Height, strength, jumping ability, quickness, shooting ability. Some players are blessed with and/or work hard to improve their intangible assets: Basketball IQ. When a player has both these assets, you get a player like Fallyn Freije. She will be a good one for UND.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigCat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:Some players are blessed with and/or work hard to improve their tangible assets: Height, strength, jumping ability, quickness, shooting ability. Some players are blessed with and/or work hard to improve their intangible assets: Basketball IQ. When a player has both these assets, you get a player like Fallyn Freije. She will be a good one for UND.

After doing some reading and follow up to one of my opinions, I have to say that Ms. Freije is the one player that I want to see due to alot of hype about her game. I've seen the Ryan girls for a couple of years, so I know their game pretty well. The other I was hoping to see was Katie Mogan, but ooops! Regardless, I think you are right in that she has the game and most likely honed it through alot of hard work and committment. Looking forward to seeing her in Minot! Packineau is another one that I look forward to seeing as I know little about her as well.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 am

BigCat wrote:
Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:Some players are blessed with and/or work hard to improve their tangible assets: Height, strength, jumping ability, quickness, shooting ability. Some players are blessed with and/or work hard to improve their intangible assets: Basketball IQ. When a player has both these assets, you get a player like Fallyn Freije. She will be a good one for UND.

After doing some reading and follow up to one of my opinions, I have to say that Ms. Freije is the one player that I want to see due to alot of hype about her game. I've seen the Ryan girls for a couple of years, so I know their game pretty well. The other I was hoping to see was Katie Mogan, but ooops! Regardless, I think you are right in that she has the game and most likely honed it through alot of hard work and committment. Looking forward to seeing her in Minot! Packineau is another one that I look forward to seeing as I know little about her as well.

Hasn't L/E made it to state the last few years? How did they finish?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:46 am

I believe 6th in 2012 and 5th last year. Lost to Minot Ryan in the 5th place game the first year and again in the first round last year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby east sider » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 am

BigCat wrote:

We are all sellers. My opinion is she is one of the greatest ever, and I presented it with facts why. Your opinion is she is just another good player that come and go every year. Difference is you haven't come up with any facts to sell your opinion. I will also edit my last sentence of my previous post to appease you:

Please give me your list of all the players you can think of with better individual and TEAM accolades, I'm VERY curious

Personally, I can only think of one, and coincidentally she happens to be a Sr. this year also
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:18 pm

east sider wrote:
BigCat wrote:

We are all sellers. My opinion is she is one of the greatest ever, and I presented it with facts why. Your opinion is she is just another good player that come and go every year. Difference is you haven't come up with any facts to sell your opinion. I will also edit my last sentence of my previous post to appease you:

Please give me your list of all the players you can think of with better individual and TEAM accolades, I'm VERY curious

Personally, I can only think of one, and coincidentally she happens to be a Sr. this year also

Easy big fella!!! Did you not see this from an earlier post? I admitted after doing some digging that I was quick to not give FF the credit she deserved. Nuf said!

BigCatNDPreps Starter Posts: 93Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:32 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 pm

In no order I think Klabo, Stewart, n Fallyn are the top 3. Each one very deserving of award but there is a topic for this n regions are done. Move over
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls