Bishop Ryan vs. Shiloh

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bishop Ryan vs. Shiloh

Postby fandb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:12 am

Anyone see this game? Ryans lowest output in 2 seasons? Saw Twobears played.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Re: Bishop Ryan vs. Shiloh

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 am

Ryan played well not much depth..... Stewart got 2 early fouls and sat a good chunk of the first half... When she was on the floor they scored pretty easily when she wasn't Shiloh defended well with attacking defenses that had Ryan turning the ball over... It really came down to Shiloh had no offense to take advantage of there solid defense and Ryan did what they have been doing...

Nice to see Two Bears and Wilkinson back on the court.. I would say they were both 90% and should get better....

Still don't think they will have anything for Ryan unless there are some injuries.... Ryan doesn't have much off of there bench..
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DiggerDan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:51 am

Not sure if this would have anything to do with it but Ryan played Thursday night in Lakota, which is a 150 mile trip one-way. Although Ryan had a comfortable lead from the 2nd quarter on, L/E never quit - it was a physical game and both teams were gassed at the end.
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stir the pot » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Ryan will struggle with Stewart on the bench. Turtle Lake-Mercer McCkusky scored 24 points on them in the second quarter Dec. 13. Stewart was on the bench with 3 fouls most of the quarter.
stir the pot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 pm

And the bottom line says they still won by 20+. Boys and girls, we're looking at the best team ever assembled in the history of ND Class B girls' basketball. I'm curious where they would stand overall with Class A thrown in the mix. Top 10? Top 5? I really don't know because I'm not qualified to talk Class A girls' hoops.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Hinsa wrote:And the bottom line says they still won by 20+. Boys and girls, we're looking at the best team ever assembled in the history of ND Class B girls' basketball. I'm curious where they would stand overall with Class A thrown in the mix. Top 10? Top 5? I really don't know because I'm not qualified to talk Class A girls' hoops.

Mandan (during the Amundson years) had at least 5 teams that would rank higher than Ryan.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby go maji » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:35 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:And the bottom line says they still won by 20+. Boys and girls, we're looking at the best team ever assembled in the history of ND Class B girls' basketball. I'm curious where they would stand overall with Class A thrown in the mix. Top 10? Top 5? I really don't know because I'm not qualified to talk Class A girls' hoops.

Mandan (during the Amundson years) had at least 5 teams that would rank higher than Ryan.

That's what I was just going to say. Both Kelpinskies, Miss Basketball (Ali Collins), and the best coach in the history of the state. Plus stellar role players. Not to mention their defense. You would be lucky to get it across half-court against those teams.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby triplebbb » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:49 am

I think last years team was better. This year they are not as deep. They have 4 legit studs and then there is a definite dropoff. Watford City was drilled one quarter because of turnovers against Ryan's really tough half court defense. Otherwise it was a very competitive game. They use their big girls on the wings of a 1-3-1 zone and trap you to death. I don't see a class B team beating them. Their JV and C squad are not very good. The reign will be over after this year. heck of a run.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I think BR's win streak ends on Saturday vs. Shanley. Should be a good game though
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I realize it's in Bismark, so it's not likely, but is there going to be any webcast of this?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby layup » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:43 am

It is going to be on the KX weather channel and streamed on kxnet.com. Under video and live stream. Game starts at about 7 after St. Mary's and Trinity.
layup
NDPreps Reserve

Postby layup » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:44 pm

I found out I might be wrong about kxnet. The Northstar game on Monday against Ryan is on kxnet but now I am uncertain about the Shanley game. Sorry about that.
layup
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls