2014-15 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2014-15 Polls

Postby momofathletes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:49 pm

BigCat wrote:
momofathletes wrote:Okay, it's killin' me! Need a hint on what team. I can figure out the rest!

I respectfully decline to call out a coach/team/player in this instance. I was pointing out a situation and not intending to banter back and forth on what constitutes running up a score. However, if curiosity is killing the (Big)cat I would be happy to oblige your request if you pm me. Otherwise I will leave it at that.

Never mind, it was just the first thing that popped into my mind as I don't know any coaches that practice "piling on." "Running up the score" or "padding stats'" are usually emotional complaints by the parents of the kids on the losing end. By the way, what's with the parentheses?

Neither do I. That's is why I mentioned it as one instance that stood out,not a common practice and left it at that. The parenthesis was simply a pun, nothing more. You said "OK, it's killing me". It was simply a reference to the well known phrase "Curiosity killed the cat" and it fit with your username. I was not insinuating that starters shouldn't get playing time into the 4th quarter,regardless of the score. I agree that they have worked hard to earn minutes and they shouldn't necessarily have to sit for half a game when playing a weaker opponent. It also depends on the makeup of your team and total number of players.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby justplayalready » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Surprised to see Rugby not getting any love...Handled North Star with ease on the road tonite. Probably 2nd best team in R6, Heidlebaugh a very talented player with good supporting cast...Take away the first game loss when she was out and they have 2 losses, one which they got back against Harvey WC. & Minot Ryan beats everyone by 30.

Not sure they can play with Minot, but there are other good teams in region...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:00 am

yes i understand sometimes can't help but run up the score because of lack of players. But the couple games i saw last yr and one game i saw this yr, those situations didn't apply, and i totally agree parents are WAY to involved with coaching and the politics of coaching. In my opinion, i think its time that high school sports associations need to have a meeting of the parents in all sports at the beginning of the year and explain how to separate parents telling what to the coach to do(and other factors), they should do something to explain to parents how to separate coaching and parents(i hope i explained this somewhat, hard to do typing). By the way, i'll get back on topic now,, sorry, just needed to vent about the politics of coaches and parents.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 am

radball wrote:yes i understand sometimes can't help but run up the score because of lack of players. But the couple games i saw last yr and one game i saw this yr, those situations didn't apply, and i totally agree parents are WAY to involved with coaching and the politics of coaching. In my opinion, i think its time that high school sports associations need to have a meeting of the parents in all sports at the beginning of the year and explain how to separate parents telling what to the coach to do(and other factors), they should do something to explain to parents how to separate coaching and parents(i hope i explained this somewhat, hard to do typing). By the way, i'll get back on topic now,, sorry, just needed to vent about the politics of coaches and parents.

Call me a "grammar nut'", but I'm not following you. Was this a response to an earlier post? You started with finally agreeing that sometimes scores become lopsided due to lack of players on one side to parent/coach politics. :?:
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:42 am

do i have to get a crayon out. ?
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:54 am

radball wrote:do i have to get a crayon out. ?

If it helps you to stay on point, I would appreciate you bringing your crayola's to the party. I would also ask that you quit writing with your feet. It would make it much easier for everyone to follow your logic along with not hitting the comma key every other word. :lol:
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:17 pm

so how did you "not' follow me? Am i talking to the same person that thinks one person wins a game?
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:34 pm

radball wrote:so how did you "not' follow me? Am i talking to the same person that thinks one person wins a game?

Nope, wrong guy! I'm just the guy that tries to follow your logic. I'm the guy that appreciates good basketball. I'm the guy that has watched almost all of the teams in region 1 and 2 this year. I'm the guy that has watched your niece play at a high-level and appreciates what she does. I'm the guy that thinks it's a an honor and opportunity when you can play the top level team (Ryan) whether it be during the season or in the state championship. I'm also the guy who wouldn't give a rats patoot about your grammar if you would stop blaming others and the system for everything negative that happens to your team and your niece. With that said, I want you to know that I gave it my best shot of using my crayons but it messed up the screen of my iPhone. Smile dude, it's a joke started by your crayon crack! :lol:
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:59 pm

radball wrote:yes i understand sometimes can't help but run up the score because of lack of players. But the couple games i saw last yr and one game i saw this yr, those situations didn't apply, and i totally agree parents are WAY to involved with coaching and the politics of coaching. In my opinion, i think its time that high school sports associations need to have a meeting of the parents in all sports at the beginning of the year and explain how to separate parents telling what to the coach to do(and other factors), they should do something to explain to parents how to separate coaching and parents(i hope i explained this somewhat, hard to do typing). By the way, i'll get back on topic now,, sorry, just needed to vent about the politics of coaches and parents.

What are you talking about? Also, I'm going to delete all of your posts until you admit that you do not work for a Division 1 school in basketball anywhere in the country.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:45 pm

balla45 wrote:

What are you talking about? Also, I'm going to delete all of your posts until you admit that you do not work for a Division 1 school in basketball anywhere in the country.

So you want to have a meeting set up with parents about letting the coach...coach. OK...that should be covered in every HS's parent's meeting at beginning of the year and how to set up meetings with parents who have some concerns...every school has a policy. By the way, does this meeting you want set up include relatives?? Because you've ridden Thompson players from the past and the coaches decisions. Therefore...you are a hypocrite with this last post!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:58 pm

radball wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I actually do work for D1 school, so your welcome to pick and choose what you want to hear other people say, when have i swore? Or other offensive language? All i mentioned was parents and coach's don't mix and the politics that happen when they do mix is out of control in high school sports. Plus i believe you're not the web master or control the post on this site, good try though. I would lean towards Run4fun as the web master for this site. Do you see me telling you what to say or do on here? nope, just because you have the word "president" as a title don't mean dito to the rest of us, and same apply's to me. You ever notice that their really isn't much for people on this blog, humm i wonder y, when you have people criticizing and telling people what to say or judging people. Not a single person beside Run4fun posted a thing in the girls b blog until i put a new water jug in the water cooler area.

I completely believe you work at a DI school, as a custodian, cook, grounds, maintenance, or some other perfectly respectable blue collar job but COMPLETEY UNRELATED to any sports program, unless you vacuum the lockerroom or wash the towels or something.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

So you want to have a meeting set up with parents about letting the coach...coach. OK...that should be covered in every HS's parent's meeting at beginning of the year and how to set up meetings with parents who have some concerns...every school has a policy. By the way, does this meeting you want set up include relatives?? Because you've ridden Thompson players from the past and the coaches decisions. Therefore...you are a hypocrite with this last post!!

Well said run! I think I need to stop responding to RB's posts. He makes me feel like I'm beatin' up on a kid. I'm not being condescending towards RB, I just think he has to be doing this on purpose. No one, I mean no one, could be that delusional. i've tried a couple of times to take him down a positive path when it comes to his relative, but to no avail. So from here on out, knock yourself out Radball!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Everyone, Radball will not be allowed to post until Radball names the Division 1 basketball program that Radball works for. I personally know a head or assistant basketball coach of every Division 1 school in North Dakota and will make a phone call to a member of that staff to let that staff know how Radball is embarrassing their program on this site.

Also, Radball, I can delete and edit posts as I feel. That is why your post is gone.

Additionally, every time you tell a blatant lie on here, I am going to ban you. This first ban is only for 1 day. The next time it will be 2 days. Then it will be 1 week. Then it will be permanent.

I am being 100% serious.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Aside from the fact that I almost feel bad for a particular player that is always talked about, the drama has actually had me checking the site a little more often than I use to.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nolan4 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi, new to the site, but I wanted to chime in.......I, like a couple other people on here ,am impressed with Watford City, I have seen , Watford City, Thompson, Shiloh , Trinity, Ryan, Parshall, North Star..........When i seen North Star they had all their players, but not sure they were at true full strength, but from what I have seen, i will give my Top 10 teams, and i have not seen Kindred, but I will use a somewhat educated guess....
1 Ryan
2 Watford City
3 Kindred
4 Lakota-Edmore
5 Thompson
6 Shiloh
7 North Star
8 Maple Valley
9 Dickinson Trinity
10 Carrington

I know I dont have F-C-T , and i know little about them, but from last yr, i just felt that they were not close to the other good teams in their region......I almost replaced Carrington with Parshall.......and another one loss team is Garrison, altho a good team, they havnt played any top teams other than Parshall and lost by 20.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Also someone else had stated their top 5 players, I will chime in with that also.......
1 Fallyn Freije
2 Hannah Stewart
3 Gabbie Bohl
4 Rylee Nudell
5 Katie Mogen
6 Macey Kvilvang
Sorry, i couldnt go with 5..............Now I havnt seen any of the Kindred girls play, but by the sounds they play more as a team and not one individual that makes them go........I seen someone list Morgan Olson, and altho a good player, she is not one of the Top 10 or maybe even 15 in the state.......she is the best player on a poor team, she HAS to do it all for them to even compete.......These are just my opinions on what I know, I am happy to debate or have a discussion on any subject in high school basketball , boys or girls, i love high school sports, especially Class B..............Add one more thing, I seen someone mentioned a Hannah Jacobs, I know nothing about her, so another I may have missed and many I may not have heard in the east either......but again one person opinion on what they know. :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 am

radball wrote:So i take it, instead of talking about a good matchup, we rather bash people. kindred had good athelets at the forward and point positions and they hit alot of 3 pointers against a 122 zone. And kindred played good defense(and the lack of team ball on tommies part, which really surprised me, i have no idea why tommies stop going to the hole when #20 had 2 fouls in the first quarter,instead certain players decided to try to pad the stats with 3 pointers and that turned the tide into a route.) i give credit where credit is due, kindred hit the 3's and played good help defense(the head coach needs to learn some sportsmen's ship though, less than a 2 minutes left he yelled out at his team to run up the score after Tommies head coach pulled the starters around the 2 minute mark(i think it was then). they stole the ball with less than 15 seconds left and went in for a lay up, instead they should of just pulled it out and run it out, i wouldn't care if the situation was switched, i would expect the same from the other team. Even on a game thats a route early, i understand playing your starters till the middle of the 4th to give them playing time. But with less than 2 minutes left on a 15+ game and leaving in most of your starters? Any way, the only way either team has at beating Ryan is if Ryan has a horrible game and the other team has a good game. If TT can play better team ball, they will have a good chance at state again, kindred will be at state, to good of front court.

Lets see, running up the score??????? They were ahead by 25 after 3 qtrs, and won by 20.......where in anyones world is this running up the score, and they only scored 11 points in the 4th qtr..........ummm , can someone explain?????
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:14 am

layup wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Would it be far-fetched to say that Region 6 has the best girls' district in the state (12) and the worst girls district in the state (11)? It's kind of sad when the number on team from 11 gets knocked out in the first round of regionals year after year. And in GBB, with all those talented private schools and just close-to-Minot schools, the District 11 winner really doesn't stand much of a chance. Boys' is a different story, but that's beside the point.

It would be nice if facts backed up your post. Ryan played Velva In the semis and Rugby in the championship game in 2012. They then played TGU in the semis and Velva in the championship game in 2013. In 2014 it played TGU in the championship game. Last time I checked those three teams are all from district 11. Also, the second and third best teams in region 6 this year are most likely Rugby and Sawyer both district 11.

Arguably, Berthold might be better than Sawyer, but I will give you it might be a tossup too, they split during the year.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:04 am

nolan4 wrote:Hi, new to the site, but I wanted to chime in.......I, like a couple other people on here ,am impressed with Watford City, I have seen , Watford City, Thompson, Shiloh , Trinity, Ryan, Parshall, North Star..........When i seen North Star they had all their players, but not sure they were at true full strength, but from what I have seen, i will give my Top 10 teams, and i have not seen Kindred, but I will use a somewhat educated guess....
1 Ryan
2 Watford City
3 Kindred
4 Lakota-Edmore
5 Thompson
6 Shiloh
7 North Star
8 Maple Valley
9 Dickinson Trinity
10 Carrington

I know I dont have F-C-T , and i know little about them, but from last yr, i just felt that they were not close to the other good teams in their region......I almost replaced Carrington with Parshall.......and another one loss team is Garrison, altho a good team, they havnt played any top teams other than Parshall and lost by 20.

Your list is good. I think #2-#4 are pretty evened out, and could actually go in any order. I also think your player list is pretty good.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby radball » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:58 am

I am not allowed to post or contribute on www.northdakotapreps.com until I reveal which Division 1 basketball program I work for.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:24 am

I am not allowed to post or contribute on www.northdakotapreps.com until I reveal which Division 1 basketball program I work for.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:43 am

nolan4 wrote:Also someone else had stated their top 5 players, I will chime in with that also.......
1 Fallyn Freije
2 Hannah Stewart
3 Gabbie Bohl
4 Rylee Nudell
5 Katie Mogen
6 Macey Kvilvang
Sorry, i couldnt go with 5..............Now I havnt seen any of the Kindred girls play, but by the sounds they play more as a team and not one individual that makes them go........I seen someone list Morgan Olson, and altho a good player, she is not one of the Top 10 or maybe even 15 in the state.......she is the best player on a poor team, she HAS to do it all for them to even compete.......These are just my opinions on what I know, I am happy to debate or have a discussion on any subject in high school basketball , boys or girls, i love high school sports, especially Class B..............Add one more thing, I seen someone mentioned a Hannah Jacobs, I know nothing about her, so another I may have missed and many I may not have heard in the east either......but again one person opinion on what they know. :)

I will preface this by saying that I've seen almost every team in region 1 and region 2 play this year. All of the top ten players mentioned on this site that I have seen have all been good players and worthy of mention. However, I tend to look at things a bit differently than most as i like to watch their overall game. Outside of scoring, how do they play with their team. Do they see the floor or are they one of those players that leaves the 3 point line on a drive and throw it up regardless of the collapsing defense. In other words, do they see the floor, and can they dish as well as score. Also, your passing mention of Kindred as "more of a team and not one individual." Funny how the "team concept" works, as I think I read they are 18-0 while playing teams in two tough regions. They have a couple of stud athletes and 8 or 9 additional good athletes so put on your track shoes. Region 2 and the teams of Thompson, PRFL, and HVC are all good teams with good athletes as well, and for the most part, play the "team concept". They are all very competitive and don't center around one player either. Rylee Nudell is the only pure scorer in the two regions but unfortnately will most likely graduate with individual stats rather than champtionships. Its too bad the bench isnt a bit deeper for her, as she is a nice kid and offensively gifted. My opinion and an eastern view of the landscape.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:28 am

1 Fallyn Freije
2 Hannah Stewart
3 Gabbie Bohl
4 Rylee Nudell
5 Katie Mogen
6 Macey Kvilvang
Sorry, i couldnt go with 5..............

Had to to go with 6 to get the WC kid in the top 5? Obviously a wetern ND, WC supporter! Just a guess!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:54 pm

I am a WC guy and a western north dakota guy the past 53 years. Proud to admit it. Katie Mogen has been WC's leading scorer since coming off the bench as an 8th grader. In the Dickinson Trinity game she scored her 1500th point. She has played on good teams with excellent records and is a returning 2nd team all-stater. She has consistently put up double/doubles and plays with heart and passion. Ever seen her play? She belongs in the top 5.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
radball wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I actually do work for D1 school, so your welcome to pick and choose what you want to hear other people say, when have i swore? Or other offensive language? All i mentioned was parents and coach's don't mix and the politics that happen when they do mix is out of control in high school sports. Plus i believe you're not the web master or control the post on this site, good try though. I would lean towards Run4fun as the web master for this site. Do you see me telling you what to say or do on here? nope, just because you have the word "president" as a title don't mean dito to the rest of us, and same apply's to me. You ever notice that their really isn't much for people on this blog, humm i wonder y, when you have people criticizing and telling people what to say or judging people. Not a single person beside Run4fun posted a thing in the girls b blog until i put a new water jug in the water cooler area.

I completely believe you work at a DI school, as a custodian, cook, grounds, maintenance, or some other perfectly respectable blue collar job but COMPLETEY UNRELATED to any sports program, unless you vacuum the lockerroom or wash the towels or something.

Had a tough time catching my breath after reading this one :lol:
east sider
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls