2014-15 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2014-15 Polls

Postby radball » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:08 am

i see the web page editor, must have deleted my post, it was a clean, and non pointing finger post. I didn't put anyone down myself. Nor would i ever by specific names. I see several post on here that bring down people with specific names, but i guess this must be a inner circle blog site of personal friends, that only hear what they want to hear. I like when people assume things on post(or try to make it sound the way they want it to be in their own opinion, on someone else s thought and ideas). If basketball is all about points, then why did that person from LE last yr/this yr, lose games when she scored 25+ or when she was held to less than 15 points the TEAM lost? Tell me why a good defense that shuts down a good offense always wins( most SB's, last yrs NBA finals, ect) To whomever said basketball is ALL about points has NO idea how to win a game or a championship. I'll take a COMPLETE team that don't score alot but plays shut down defense and does the LITTLE things(hard screens, moving without the bball, getting after loose balls and rebounds) EVERYTIME over one or 2 people scoring 20+ points with 10+ to's every time!!, i see alot of that in kindred(good part), and thats why i can't wait to go that game in 1-17-15. Both teams get after it, athletic and play team ball. Did anybody on this board watch Wichita State the last 3 yrs? Lights out defense and hustle plays! To the person who is in charge of this board, i never put people down, i just stated numerical facts. I thought this blog was about good sports and athletes. And i'm trying to figure out, who died and make some of these writers "God".
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigCat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:34 am

Hey Radball, don' let your emotions and passion dictate your thought process. You have to realize that when you put yourself out there with opinion and smack a few teams and previous players around as being weak or selfish, you're going to get called on it. Everyone is on top of what you are trying to do in the promoting of your player. Its okay to be a proud family member, just don't do it in a wierd anonymous way. Shes a talented, good kid and those of us that are in the know appreciate her and her talent. You dont need to sell her. The best talent always comes to the top. Just let it happen!!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:53 pm

radball wrote:i see the web page editor, must have deleted my post, it was a clean, and non pointing finger post. I didn't put anyone down myself. Nor would i ever by specific names. I see several post on here that bring down people with specific names, but i guess this must be a inner circle blog site of personal friends, that only hear what they want to hear. I like when people assume things on post(or try to make it sound the way they want it to be in their own opinion, on someone else s thought and ideas). If basketball is all about points, then why did that person from LE last yr/this yr, lose games when she scored 25+ or when she was held to less than 15 points the TEAM lost? Tell me why a good defense that shuts down a good offense always wins( most SB's, last yrs NBA finals, ect) To whomever said basketball is ALL about points has NO idea how to win a game or a championship. I'll take a COMPLETE team that don't score alot but plays shut down defense and does the LITTLE things(hard screens, moving without the bball, getting after loose balls and rebounds) EVERYTIME over one or 2 people scoring 20+ points with 10+ to's every time!!, i see alot of that in kindred(good part), and thats why i can't wait to go that game in 1-17-15. Both teams get after it, athletic and play team ball. Did anybody on this board watch Wichita State the last 3 yrs? Lights out defense and hustle plays! To the person who is in charge of this board, i never put people down, i just stated numerical facts. I thought this blog was about good sports and athletes. And i'm trying to figure out, who died and make some of these writers "God".

No one has touched one of your posts in a long time...no matter how much I want to fix your grammar.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:25 pm

radball wrote:i see the web page editor, must have deleted my post, it was a clean, and non pointing finger post. I didn't put anyone down myself. Nor would i ever by specific names. I see several post on here that bring down people with specific names, but i guess this must be a inner circle blog site of personal friends, that only hear what they want to hear. I like when people assume things on post(or try to make it sound the way they want it to be in their own opinion, on someone else s thought and ideas). If basketball is all about points, then why did that person from LE last yr/this yr, lose games when she scored 25+ or when she was held to less than 15 points the TEAM lost? Tell me why a good defense that shuts down a good offense always wins( most SB's, last yrs NBA finals, ect) To whomever said basketball is ALL about points has NO idea how to win a game or a championship. I'll take a COMPLETE team that don't score alot but plays shut down defense and does the LITTLE things(hard screens, moving without the bball, getting after loose balls and rebounds) EVERYTIME over one or 2 people scoring 20+ points with 10+ to's every time!!, i see alot of that in kindred(good part), and thats why i can't wait to go that game in 1-17-15. Both teams get after it, athletic and play team ball. Did anybody on this board watch Wichita State the last 3 yrs? Lights out defense and hustle plays! To the person who is in charge of this board, i never put people down, i just stated numerical facts. I thought this blog was about good sports and athletes. And i'm trying to figure out, who died and make some of these writers "God".

Never put anyone down by specific names? Who wrote this ....

"balla45 abviously don't get what "leader/leadership" means in bball players. Again how good did Freije play when she had to play against a good defense in Thompson? just wondering"

"Gallagher and Weber had TO's in 5 minutes "

"She shut down Taylor from HCV"

Who wrote that Radball? You. So quit whining about never calling out kids by name. Show me where I or anyone said "basketball is all about points". Obviously its not. But it isn't all NOT about points either. My and others issues with you are your backhanded attempts to talk up one player. You've lied repeatedly on this board and been caught in lies. People don't like it. FYI--I do believe your favorite player is one of the best all-around ATHLETES in ND. By athlete I mean fast, jumping, physical. As far as a superiorly skilled BASKETBALL player, I don't. Good---yes. All-state---maybe. Ms. Basketball--no. DI---No chance. DII--no. NAIA---maybe. Seems like an awesome, humble, hardworking kid---NO DOUBT. And if by chance she plays in ANY division of college BB no one would be happier than I. We need more local kids competing at the next level.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:Never put anyone down by specific names? Who wrote this ....

"balla45 abviously don't get what "leader/leadership" means in bball players. Again how good did Freije play when she had to play against a good defense in Thompson? just wondering"

Who wrote that Radball? You. So quit whining about never calling out kids by name. Show me where I or anyone said "basketball is all about points". Obviously its not. But it isn't all NOT about points either. My and others issues with you are your backhanded attempts to talk up one player. You've lied repeatedly on this board and been caught in lies. People don't like it. FYI--I do believe your favorite player is one of the best all-around ATHLETES in ND. By athlete I mean fast, jumping, physical. As far as a superiorly skilled BASKETBALL player, I don't. Good---yes. All-state---maybe. Ms. Basketball--no. DI---No chance. DII--no. NAIA---maybe. Seems like an awesome, humble, hardworking kid---NO DOUBT. And if by chance she plays in ANY division of college BB no one would be happier than I. We need more local kids competing at the next level.

All time great post FW. Nice work.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Participation on this site is somewhat down, so at least radball is participating. I have actually started following players that was noted "as being shut down" because I assumed they must be good. As far as points are concerned, it does matter. It may not be the only thing that matters, but it is probably the most important thing that matters. Even if the score is 4 to 2...someone scored the winning basket.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby momofathletes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:

Never put anyone down by specific names? Who wrote this ....

Radball ,I can give you more examples of putting kids down while specifically naming them as you deny doing, and I quote here by cutting and pasting from your posts:

3/25/14 "Gallagher got 3 lazy play fouls" 1/27/14 " player can shut down a 13 point average player to 4 points, i'll take that person any day). Henningsgard - HCV, I would still leave off this, she is good, but any kind of defense at all and she was average and she got shut down pretty much at Thompson"
Both of these posts were under Top Players Half Way Point thread.

Even in your post today, you said "why did the person from LE last year lose games when she was scoring 25+points." Although you didn't specifically mention her name, it is obvious who you are talking about.
If I said "what do you guys think about the MN Vikings quarterback's chances of getting rookie of the year?" anyone who follows the NFL will know who I am referring to even though I didn't specifically spell out Teddy Bridgewater. My point is yes you have specifically called out athletes by specific name and I could give you many more examples, but there is no need to. Furthermore, you don't have to say exactly who you are talking about in order for most people to figure it out
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:18 pm

I think everyone needs to settle down a little in regards to Radball. No offense to you Radball, but I have this hunch you are 13 years old. Some of your opinions are so narrow-minded I can only imagine it is a regurgitation of something you heard from hot-tempered adults during or after games, and some of the lies are blatantly obvious I just can't fathom that I'm actually reading something a mature adult would write. But like others have said don't ever let anyone talk down to you about your opinion, and I'm pleased you participate on this site. Just try not to throw 99% of the other players in the state under the bus when you do.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 am

how about this, at this point in the season, based on what information we have at hand, what is your top 10 teams(don't just base it off the polls). And what is you top 5 players(all around players)?
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:08 pm

New Poll will be posted around 7pm
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:44 pm

STATE POLL #6
January 12th, 2015

1. Bishop Ryan (13) 10-1 130
2. Kindred 9-0 115
3. Thompson 7-1 103
4. Carrington 8-0 71
5. Lakota/Edmore 5-2 64
6. Parshall 9-1 47
7. Dickinson Trinity 9-2 45
8. Fairmount/CT 10-1 43
9. Shiloh Christian 8-2 41
10. Watford City 9-1 18
Others Receiving Votes: Kidder County (10-2), Maple Valley (10-1), Park River-FL (8-1), Sargent Central (8-2), North Star (7-3).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:44 am

I am patiently waiting and hoping to see radballs "top 10" list of teams along with top 5 "all around" players.
Lead it off, radball!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:15 am

Please note: please read the question again, I asked everyone, why is everyone on this board afraid to speak(aka type). The season is close to or is half way done, yet no one is putting thoughts out there. I think i already "led it off" but other people made a choice to try to silence me with ignorance. But on regards to the poll, i'm kinda surprised Lakota is ranked that high, Watford City should be a bit higher too, but that is just a opinion of "young kid" i guess. And players, i'm reserving my choice to after saturday's game(just hope the flu bug don't get anybody from that match up, not to often do we get to see 2 athletic teams go at it, though Kindred has a slight edge in point guard position, but i have a feeling Thompson will make a switch at point if the last couple games are any indication of that.) Just think, if Kindred or Thompson had just 1, 6+ person on the inside with any bball ability,i think Bishop would be beat)... Is anyone else on this board going to the Kindred / Thompson game Saturday? its 2pm now, i think, don't quote me on that though.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby fandb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:29 am

If i's and buts were candies and nuts, we would have a heck of a Christmas party. Every team has to play with what they have. If you don't have smalls, use your bigs, if you don't have bigs, use what you have. Your Tommies have had how many shots at the Ryan girls? What were the results? Comes down to using what you have.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 am

As a high school team you have to "Play the hand you are dealt".
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigCat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:38 am

I don't know that the conversation of "top 10" team and "top 5" athletes hinges on Thompson beating Kindred. Nor does the player list. I have seen Kindred play along with most of the top teams in region 1 and 2. Kindred does not have a bunch of studs. They have a couple of good, seasoned athletes for a core along with them throwing 10-11 players at you all night. They bring the track team and alot of pressure. As to your choice of "top 5" individual players, I don't think that anyone from region 1 or 2 makes it besides Nudell. You have to be a stud to make the "top 5". The one your are fishing for is a fantastic athlete, but may not make the "top 10" basketball players in the state. All around athlete discussion is a different story. Region 1 and 2 do well there.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:00 pm

I think coming up with a Top 10 is kind of pointless. The polls already do that, and some people chime in when they believe a team is rated too high or low. In the end it all boils down to who makes state and it gets sorted out there.

As for Top 5 players, this has been discussed in another topic.

balla45 wrote:No idea. I did not watch the game.

Who in North Dakota playing now is better than she? I think the only players in Class B who can be put in conversation with her are Hannah Stewart, Gabbie Bohl, Rylee Nudell, and Jaye Two Bears. There is a significant drop off after that, and pretending there is not is foolish.

balla was referring to Freije in the first sentence. From what I read nobody really argued with his top 5.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Because everyone seems to not want to do this...and I'm sure no one will like my lists
Top 5 Players across State (Two Bears makes list if healthy)
Hannah Stewart
Rylee Nudell
Fallyn Freije
Gabbie Bohl
Hannah Jacobs

Honorable Mention (Morgan Olson makes list if healthy)
Sarah Hagler
Macey Kvilvang
Shaice Marx
Sydney Bentz

Top 10 Teams
1. Bishop Ryan
2. Watford City
3. Kindred
4. Lakota/Edmore
5. Thompson
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Parshall
8. Kidder County
9. Fairmount/CT
10. Park River-FL
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm

I like your list Run, I would say Dickinson Trinity would be in the top 10. JMO
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:08 pm

I think Lakota-Edmore is too high. When North Star gets healthy and rolling I think they are the favorite in Region 4.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:22 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I think Lakota-Edmore is too high. When North Star gets healthy and rolling I think they are the favorite in Region 4.

North Star & Maple Valley were first two out from my Top 10.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby B-oldtimer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:50 pm

I thought so at the beginning of year but I wonder if Northstar is going to turn the corner. Lakota-Edmore is now playing without the Pesek girl she is to return about end of the month but Lakota-Edmore has still been winning. This week should tell something with them playing Benson County and Park River -Fordville.
It looks to me that Northstar has difficulty time playing teams that are physical and want to pressure them. Also they don't have leadership of Heisler girl they had last year it seems they are looking for that right mix of girls. They do have talent and present enough problems for other teams to match up with them but so far I haven't seen where they can handle teams with pressure defense and that want to play physical with them. They very well could become team hard to beat. I also wonder if long volleyball season has taken its toll on these girls and now with injuries and storm reschedules if they are going to ever get healthy. I guess time will tell.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BigCat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Interesting list! You made radballs day! As I mentioned earlier, outside of Ryle Nudells scoring which puts her on the top 10 list, there's no one in region 1 or 2 worthy to be on there. I look forward to seeing Watford play at some point as I've heard some good things. You could shake bones with 2-5 In the last poll and not be wrong.
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby gotgame43 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:41 am

I've seen a few of these other girls play, but Rylee Nudell is ridiculously a superb athlete..she can dribble, penetrate, shoot, score, play defense, handle pressure, attack, sells herself on the court...there really isn't anything this kid can't do...as a junior. she is good, and I am hesitant to find a good girl's player, but she is good..she doesn't need her head coach dad to do it for her, she does it herself..he could be in the stands cheering her on and she takes the reins..if she had one more untimate scorer and a true guard..she would be unstoppable...
gotgame43
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigCat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:24 am

Just curious! What do you mean when you mention that she sells herself? You also mention that she does it herself. Is her dad, the head coach, trying to do things for her? If she is superb and dominating in every facet of the game as you list, why would she need a true guard and a "untimate?" socrer to be successful? Are you referring to team success? She has a decent guard who is now back from injury and Megan Kasowski on the other side, so if she is dominating every facet of the game as you list, they should be okay, shouldn't they?
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls