Hope You're Ready for the Boys

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hope You're Ready for the Boys

Postby heimer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello girls basketball players of North Dakota,

Our friends from Minnesota, the Minnesota State High School League, are considering a proposal that would allow boys who claim they are girls to play on your teams.

Our bleeding heart liberal friends in the only state that voted for Mondale and continue to believe that every drop of water is more important than any single mom in need of a job feel it is necessary to approve a policy that allows a boy to ignore his own very-evident genitals and choose to play on your teams because he really, really, really, really, really, really, really feels like a girl.

According to the policy, all the boy has to do is consistently identify as a girl, and he's a girl for the rest of his eligibility.

Now, just so we're clear, the same policy does not exist in North Dakota. However, we at the North Dakota High School League feel it is very important to be welcoming of all individuals in all circumstances, no matter how extreme they feel.

We here at the NDHSL have believed for decades that the MSHSL simply does it better than we do. We switched our seasons of volleyball and girls basketball just for you based on Minnesota's system. We are also now seeding our volleyball and basketball tournaments.

One of the prominent athletic directors in North Dakota has already gone on record stating that North Dakota will have to consider a policy at some point in the near future. So, congratulations girls, your days of playing on separate teams will surely go away soon!

Now, it is true that some of you will lose your spots on teams as boys make the "gender transition". Since males tend to have a larger skeletal structure and more muscle mass, they will be able to do things you simply can't.

But girls, you must understand that, after decades of fighting for athletic equality for yourself and fellow girls, it is now your job to sacrifice your playing time and place on the team so boys can play on teams they feel they belong to. It's only fair.

We know you'll do the right thing in the name of tolerance. Thank you for making the NDHSL what it is.

Sincerely,

Board of Directors
North Dakota High School League.

(this is not official writing of any organization. the North Dakota High School League doesn't exist)
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Hope You're Ready for the Boys......in your shower

Postby go maji » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Wooooooooooow. I can't imagine how many boys will fake their gender with this very unusual proposal.

I don't know why anyone would suggest this.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Here is the policy that was approved and passed: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/Participatio ... 2_4_14.pdf
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gotgame43 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:56 pm

this is absurd. how about the rights of the kids that don't need to negotiate their sex with the schools. why do the boys and girls that seem to disagree with God always have more rights than those that accept what God has made them. Who is there protecting those kids? This is B.S. You are either a boy or a girl physically. It's pretty easy to figure out. If you are a boy you belong in a boys locker room and vice versa. Here's an idea, maybe parents or the people making decisions need to say NO for once. When is the last time many kids have heard NO. I can't believe this is even a topic.
gotgame43
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hope You're Ready for the Boys

Postby HammerTime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:50 pm

This thread right here just goes to show just how vastly different and apart from each other, even if our states are only split apart by a small river. Our political values, our religious values, even our views on high school sports are so far apart, it's no wonder how our country barely seems to function. While Minnesota is willing to actually try stuff and put it into action, their counterparts across the Red River seem to resist change and action with ever fiber in their body.
Sorry to take a political spin on this, but the observation really makes you think.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BigCat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:37 am

I agree with Hammertime. Lets follow Minnesota where they are ahead of the times. They elect a marginal comedian, a brash wrestler, and a daddys boy (Dayton), as their leaders. I would rather be like the Sioux and not follow. Theres no downside to that! LOL
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby heimer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Agreed. Their policies on energy are doing wonders for the pocketbooks of their residents, and they just told their voters that a $1 billion surplus will just be eaten up by inflation. I mean, they're doing well.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:33 pm

As it turns out, we have already had the transgendered athlete go through our system......without the transition.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/putti ... ca333.html

Nina Topp got a share of a farce of a Miss Basketball award that clearly should have belonged to Katie Richards. Richards' career at UND proves there was a massive screw-job in the award process.

That being said, I have no problem with the female athlete that wants to be a male. Let her/him attempt to win her way onto the team, and if she does, more power to her.

But it's an issue the other way around. Girls had to go through heck for years just to get a chance to compete. To allow boys to take their spots cannot be allowed.

Easy policy: transgendered athletes may compete in the male division of sports, not in the female division.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:37 pm

And, speaking of politics, Minnesota's new Republican house majority is now calling for oversight of the MSHSL due to their decision. Hope you like the legislature running athletics. Hey, wait, lets approve a transgender policy, and get the legislature involved. Maybe they will come up with a three-class system. I'd trade that.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 pm

heimer wrote:As it turns out, we have already had the transgendered athlete go through our system......without the transition.

Nina Topp got a share of a farce of a Miss Basketball award that clearly should have belonged to Katie Richards. Richards' career at UND proves there was a massive screw-job in the award process.

That being said, I have no problem with the female athlete that wants to be a male. Let her/him attempt to win her way onto the team, and if she does, more power to her.

But it's an issue the other way around. Girls had to go through heck for years just to get a chance to compete. To allow boys to take their spots cannot be allowed.

Easy policy: transgendered athletes may compete in the male division of sports, not in the female division.

Hold on a second, Nina Topp had quite the career, I think she deserved part of the award. IMO other Mr/Ms. Bball awards have been more questionable.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 pm

The Schwab wrote:
heimer wrote:As it turns out, we have already had the transgendered athlete go through our system......without the transition.

Hold on a second, Nina Topp had quite the career, I think she deserved part of the award. IMO other Mr/Ms. Bball awards have been more questionable.

I agree. Nina Topp was an outstanding ball player who helped her team earn a state championship and also earned a D1 scholarship. I was surprised that the media went with 3 winners that year. I can't imagine that any kid would make a huge life-altering decision to simply be able to excel at a sport.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby heimer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Not that Topp's award is the basis of this discussion, but you don't "deserve" awards.

Valley City "deserves" a chance at the state tournament, and compete against like-sized schools.

You "win" awards. Topp may have had a great career, but Richard's was better, and only missing a trip to state out of the toughest region (at that time) in the state.

Richards won the award. The award itself turned into a political farce. No one is saying Topp's career wasn't award-worthy, but the award goes to the best player, not everyone that deserves the award.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Topp led her team to the state championship and signed at a D1 school which was very rare back then for a ND player. Any other year a player does that, boys or girls, they are a runaway for mr/miss bball.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Kool Aid. Award was decided before title was won. We all know that. Richards was clearly superior. It was auto-hate that led to the split. People didn't like how she played the game. She played with brute force and dominated the teams she played. It was a political, attitude-based load that she wasnt the outright Miss Basketball.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 am

There was actually a 3rd player (from Hatton) who also won Miss Basketball that year too. I don't think anyone was robbed of the award that year by another player. It was just strange that they had 3.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:28 am

who went to state from that region that year and how did they do? Were Hope and Hatton in the same region and Maus made it over Richards?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Ah, so it's Katie Richard's fault that she had one good, young player to work with and that was it.

Okay.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Tanner Kretchman is coming off the bench for MSUM and probably averaging 2 points a game. Jayden Ferguson is starting for VCSU and has been conference player of the week. Will likely have a chance to be an All American in the future.

None of this matters when we are discussing a Mr. or Miss Basketball award.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby theman23 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:05 pm

This is the dumbest dang thing i have ever heard.

if you have a penis and genitals = YOUR ARE A BOY
if you DON'T have a penis and genitals = YOU ARE A GIRL

I don't know if this is a policy because a boy's basketball player isn't having success and wants to be a girl to win more or am I misinterpreting this????

Either way this is dumb....
theman23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:06 pm

balla45 wrote:Tanner Kretchman is coming off the bench for MSUM and probably averaging 2 points a game. Jayden Ferguson is starting for VCSU and has been conference player of the week. Will likely have a chance to be an All American in the future.

None of this matters when we are discussing a Mr. or Miss Basketball award.

Don't forget Nate Mertens (5 ppg), who has started every game, and Tyler Rudolph (3 ppg) from Minot st.

Just thought I would contribute on this pointless thread.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:38 pm

theman23 wrote:This is the dumbest dang thing i have ever heard.

if you have a penis and genitals = YOUR ARE A BOY
if you DON'T have a penis and genitals = YOU ARE A GIRL

I don't know if this is a policy because a boy's basketball player isn't having success and wants to be a girl to win more or am I misinterpreting this????

Either way this is dumb....

You need to learn anatomy because everyone has genitals...
If you are going to argue, at least educate yourself.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman23 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:30 pm

ah *edited*....ok my bad Baller, if you have a penis you're a boy if you don't you're a girl...better??

I still dont understand the policy...it's like they ran out of things to vote on but this is just ridiculous
theman23
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls